PDA

View Full Version : One thing that is really pissing me off right now....

OpIv37
05-03-2011, 02:01 PM
When the Sabres lost, I thought perhaps there might be two hidden blessings in there:

1. It will force Pegula to make moves this off-season because he won't be able to delude himself into thinking the current roster is good enough to win a Cup and
2. It saves us the misery of being embarrassed by the Caps (me in particular as I live in the DC area and have to deal with the epic bandwagon jumping).

However, the Caps are down 2-0 after dropping two games at home to Tampa bay, and people are already falling off the bandwagon. Few think the Caps can come back to win.

Now, I realize that TB probably has more talent than we do, and that just because they won doesn't mean we would have. But in our last regular season game against the Caps, they had to go into OT to beat us at home, and that was with Enroth playing.

If we had been able to hold on to that two-goal lead in Game 6, we might have actually stood a chance against the Caps.....

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Nah, we didn't stand a chance against that juggernaut.

OpIv37
05-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Nah, we didn't stand a chance against that juggernaut.

a week ago that's exactly what I thought. Now, I'm not so sure.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I thought they matched up better against the Caps than they did against the Cryers.

Dr. Lecter
05-03-2011, 02:13 PM
The Caps are no better than Philly. The East is wide open.

Of the 8 teams that made it, really the only that was out of place were the Rangers. Other than that, all 7 teams really had a chance to get the honor of being destroyed by the west team.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2011, 02:24 PM

Of the 8 teams that made it, really the only that was out of place were the Rangers. Other than that, all 7 teams really had a chance to get the honor of being destroyed by the west team.

Montreal was suspect at defense.

ct bills fan
05-03-2011, 02:28 PM
I thought Philly would be our toughest matchup, followed closely by Boston. I thought Washington was a bit soft, with questionable goaltending.

The King
05-03-2011, 02:28 PM
are you guys still watching the playoffs?

OpIv37
05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
are you guys still watching the playoffs?

not seriously. I saw most of the 3rd period of Boston/Philly last night, and a little of Detriot/San Jose on Sunday, but I wasn't paying a lot of attention to either.

The King
05-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I was hoping some of you Thomas haters saw last nights game.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
I was hoping some of you Thomas haters saw last nights game.

I don't hate Thomas, I just would rather have Miller.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
What did Lucic do to get thrown out of the first game?

ddaryl
05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't think we would have won another series especially with the injuries that we had in the Philly series..

BUT I would rather move on and be embarrassed in the next series then to not move on at all.

trapezeus
05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
playoff wins in the first series is so meaningless to me. after game 1, i was immediately thinking of game 2. after we lost, it was ok but we had to win game 3. after game 3, i was doom and gloom. game 4 made me a believer, game 5 i was sure we'd win. game 6 i knew it was over, game 7 was a joke.

i like the satisfaction of closing out one series. you get to relax and sometimes you don't have to worry about knowing who the opponent is so you literally take 2-3 days off from hockey and just read about how everyone is healing.

when you don't win a series, all you did was build up anxiety. I hate that lack of payoff.

OP, the last couple threads you've started that sounded like you'd be on a legendary rant. Then you end up being very middle of the road. I don't open OpIV37 rants for subtly. Get back to business.

The King
05-03-2011, 03:43 PM
What did Lucic do to get thrown out of the first game?

He didnt get thrown out of the first game... I think he got tossed in game 6? For a questionable boarding call

SabreEleven
05-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't want Boston to win, just want Philly to lose worse.

Dr. Lecter
05-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Op saying "One thing that is really pissing me off" is like Rosie saying "One thing that looks really good in the buffet"

Ingtar33
05-03-2011, 11:50 PM

the Bruins look like the best in the East right now... Tim Thomas is doing one hell of a Hasek impersonation for them. With that type of goaltending they'll take any series to 6 games min (if they're outmatched).

This looks like Vancouver's year, but if they can't do it, i wouldn't put it past Boston

The King
05-04-2011, 07:36 AM
the Bruins look like the best in the East right now... Tim Thomas is doing one hell of a Hasek impersonation for them. With that type of goaltending they'll take any series to 6 games min (if they're outmatched).

This looks like Vancouver's year, but if they can't do it, i wouldn't put it past Boston

We beat Vancouver when we faced them during the season.

chernobylwraiths
05-04-2011, 07:39 AM

Regular season means nothing at this point.

The King
05-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Regular season means nothing at this point.

When you're talking East vs West. Its the only comparission between the two teams we have. So I'd say its still pretty relevant.

chernobylwraiths
05-04-2011, 07:50 AM
When you're talking East vs West. Its the only comparission between the two teams we have. So I'd say its still pretty relevant.

Didn't you play them near the end of the season when they had basically clinched everything?

I would say the exact opposite. Since you only play them once a year or twice max, there is hardly anything you can take from that. The Sabres used to constantly lose the the lower teams in the West.

rbochan
05-04-2011, 08:00 AM
BFD. So did the Sabres.

Hell. So did the Islanders.

JD
05-05-2011, 02:40 AM
SWEEEEEEP. Thought of you Op when that happened :hi5:

tampabay25690
05-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Does Washington Coach Boudreau get fired today???
Tampa just swept there ASS out of Tampa....
I never saw that coming....

OpIv37
05-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Does Washington Coach Boudreau get fired today???
Tampa just swept there ASS out of Tampa....
I never saw that coming....

People around here definitely want changes, but a lot of people think Boudreau keeps his job so the owner doesn't have to pay him to not work.