PDA

View Full Version : X-Era’s 2011 Draft Wrap-up for the Buffalo Bills

X-Era
05-04-2011, 06:00 AM
To NBF and others, I think we kicked ass in this years draft. I liked the value we got in most of our picks, and thought we played to the strengths of the draft very well.

I think we got an A.

Here's my take on how we did:

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2011/05/04/xeraas_2011_draft_wrapup_for_the_buffalo_bills_.php

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Your math is off, if you take your grades, you only give them a B+. J/K

ferg2butler
05-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Awesome writeup. I had been wondering what could hold Jasper back if he gets his weight right. And you addressed it. It's still hard to imagine someone with better size, speed, and strength than the opponent NOT being successful at NT. Maybe an inability to understand leverage?

X-Era
05-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Awesome writeup. I had been wondering what could hold Jasper back if he gets his weight right. And you addressed it. It's still hard to imagine someone with better size, speed, and strength than the opponent NOT being successful at NT. Maybe an inability to understand leverage?My thought on that is several things could prevent success... speed of the game, quickness, gap control, leverage, hand placement, footwork, and recognition. Going from Bethel to the NFL is a significant jump. The previous experience may help but the level of coaching that he got will be the determining factor. We don't know what that was.

Put it this way, I think all the measureables are there. But the weight has to stay down, he likely has a huge learning curve, and he may need a ton of technique development. If he has the brains and will and the Bills have the patience, it could work out. But, we have tried this before with guys like Leif Larsen.

Don't get me wrong, I love this pick and will be stoked if it works out. But its far from a sure thing.

ferg2butler
05-05-2011, 02:16 PM
If you have not seen it yet, here is his coach talking about Jasper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NAt0bt7CcA&feature=player_embedded