• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

PTI, DO you like Ryan Fitzpatrick?

I am just curious?

Dude, we get it. Have you ever seen someone elses opinion swayed on a message board? Do you think you're going to convince anyone that you're right and they're wrong? We hear you man... back off your crusade a bit.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Re: PTI, DO you like Ryan Fitzpatrick?

No crusade, I have people comment on things and I comment back and provide real numbers and information that people might not know. The new savior could not beat out Trent Edwards twice in training camp and is on his 3rd team. Rams kept Jamie Martin as backup instead of him. Bengals thought he sucked, but he is good for the Bills.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PTI
      No crusade, I have people comment on things and I comment back and provide real numbers and information that people might not know. The new savior could not beat out Trent Edwards twice in training camp and is on his 3rd team. Rams kept Jamie Martin as backup instead of him. Bengals thought he sucked, but he is good for the Bills.
      You're the only one who called him a savior. Don't exaggerate peoples opinion of him.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

The dude threw 3,000 yards in 13 games and if you take the last NE game out of the scenario where his receiving core was thinned out more than Brain Moormans hair line and his season was absolutely better than average.

You also look at how he rallied against Cincy and how he played against Baltimore and I see enough to warrant another season... giving him another year in this system and giving the Bills a chance to figure out their defense and try and solidify this running game. There's no harm in it... there's always going to be young QB's coming out.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PTI
          It's a crusade when that's all you comment about.

"Real numbers and information people might not know?" Hahaha, sure. Great imagination you have there.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI
            Facts are facts: the team's offensive numbers went way up when Fitz took over for Edwards. Granted, they still aren't good enough, but they were better.

And seriously, what do you expect the QB to do with no running game and a D that can't get off the field? No doubt we need an upgrade at QB, but it's ridiculous to look at this team and say "QB's the biggest problem." This team has some HUGE holes beyond QB.

More importantly than that, what makes you think any of these other guys would be better? We never had a shot at Newton, and Gabbert, Kapernick or Dalton won't contribute for 2-3 years down the road. It sucks, but that's how it is. Buffalo's need for a franchise QB doesn't make one materialize out of thin air. We were left with two options: reach for a QB or try to fix the myriad of other problems this team had. The FO took the better option.

And just for the record since you're relatively new here: I'm probably the most critical poster on this board. I slam the FO and the organization for almost every move they make, usually rightfully so. But I'm also not afraid to give them credit when credit is due. I'm not 100% sold on every draft pick they made, but I'm glad we got Dareus and I have to give them credit for waiting on a QB.

Fitzpatrick has his limitations, but like it or not, he's the best we can do for now. Trying to force another QB into the mix would come at the opportunity cost of fixing other problem positions. It sucks, but it is what it is.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PTI
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by King Bedard
              The dude threw 3,000 yards in 13 games and if you take the last NE game out of the scenario where his receiving core was thinned out more than Brain Moormans hair line and his season was absolutely better than average.

You also look at how he rallied against Cincy and how he played against Baltimore and I see enough to warrant another season... giving him another year in this system and giving the Bills a chance to figure out their defense and try and solidify this running game. There's no harm in it... there's always going to be young QB's coming out.
              If you take out the NE game then take out the Cincy game. Their starting CB, both starting safeties, and nickel corner, that is 4 of the top 5 secondary players, that dominated the Bills in the first half and were up 31-7 and had 2 INTs, did not play the 2nd half. Take that out too if take the NE game out.

Also, take out the Ravens game. They had 3 secondary players hurt and cut the starting CB the next day for sucking so bad that game. Please, stop giving Fitz the benefit of the doubt on one side without looking at the other.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Ok, then how about this.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is our starter in 2011 and there's nothing you can say or do it about it. So get on board or get carpal tunnel.
                It was all

Comment

• PTI
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Facts are facts: the team's offensive numbers went way up when Fitz took over for Edwards. Granted, they still aren't good enough, but they were better.

Fitz played in much of 2009 as QB too. In 2010, when he played even more, the Bills moved up 1 freaking spot in offense. It is a complete exaggeration to say the offense improved. The Bills scored over 19 points just 4 freaking times and the average if 17.7 sucks. Even if you want to say look at the Fitz games, they might be near 20 a game, but still, the inconsistency is proven by SCORING OVER 19 POINTS JUST 4 TIMES. Fitz sucks, every number you look at tells us that.

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by King Bedard
                    Ok, then how about this.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is our starter in 2011 and there's nothing you can say or do it about it. So get on board or get carpal tunnel.
                    I know that, but I am praying to every God out there that we get Kevin Kolb. Otherwise I might as well shave my head because I know I will be pulling my hair out.

I understand he slated to be the starter, it is very clear.
                    Last edited by PTI; 05-04-2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                      If you take out the NE game then take out the Cincy game. Their starting CB, both starting safeties, and nickel corner, that is 4 of the top 5 secondary players, that dominated the Bills in the first half and were up 31-7 and had 2 INTs, did not play the 2nd half. Take that out too if take the NE game out.

Also, take out the Ravens game. They had 3 secondary players hurt and cut the starting CB the next day for sucking so bad that game. Please, stop giving Fitz the benefit of the doubt on one side without looking at the other.

wysian theory. Take away this and that to fit your argument.

Fitz had a revolving OL. He was playing in a new system . If you're going to make excuses for the other team, then the excuses for this team applies.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

By the way i'd rather everyone debate PTI here than have every thread hijacked....
                        It was all

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by PTI
                          I know that, but I am praying to every God out there that we get Kevin Kolb. Otherwise I might as well shave my head because I know I will be pulling my hair out.
                          He's going to AZ. Get ready for your new look.

It was all

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                            Fitz played in much of 2009 as QB too. In 2010, when he played even more, the Bills moved up 1 freaking spot in offense. It is a complete exaggeration to say the offense improved. The Bills scored over 19 points just 4 freaking times and the average if 17.7 sucks. Even if you want to say look at the Fitz games, they might be near 20 a game, but still, the inconsistency is proven by SCORING OVER 19 POINTS JUST 4 TIMES. Fitz sucks, every number you look at tells us that.
                            Really? Fitz is the only player on the field? What about our makeshift OL after all the injuries? What about our highly-touted RB draft pick who couldn't jump ahead of a 30 year old UDFA in the depth charts? What about the injury to Parrish and Evans being invisible?

Every number you look at tells us the offense sucks, but not all of those numbers are Fitz's fault.

And I wasn't comparing the 2010 numbers to 2009. I was comparing the games Fitz started in 2010 with the games Edwards started in 2010.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PTI
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              wysian theory. Take away this and that to fit your argument.

Fitz had a revolving OL. He was playing in a new system . If you're going to make excuses for the other team, then the excuses for this team applies.
                              Not my argument bud, his argument said take away the NE game. Why is he allowed to do that? Because our WRs were hurt? Well, isn't it only fair to take out the Cincy game then? I am not making this up, you just fail at paying attention, that was his argument.

Comment

Working...
                              X