PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young SHOULD be looked at by Nix.

BuffaloBlitz83
05-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Nothing to lose.

Needs a change of scenery.

If his attitude stinks or he struggles, cut his ass.

He does have talent, he has won more games than any QB we've had in long time.

Looks like a Chan type of QB with his mobility.

Again, not saying he is GREAT, but should be an option.

Low Risk type of option.

BertSquirtgum
05-05-2011, 05:43 PM
nope, he shouldn't. he is a lunatic and would destroy whatever unity is currently in the locker room.

BuffaloBlitz83
05-05-2011, 05:44 PM
He's 30-17 as a starter in the NFL and he was 30-2 in college. He wins more than he loses.

Buffalo Thriller
05-05-2011, 05:44 PM
If we can get into his head sure, otherwise no. He is border line ******ed.

Prov401
05-05-2011, 05:50 PM
All for it.

elltrain22
05-05-2011, 06:04 PM
We definetley should take a look at him. Yeah, he's a very spoiled, and immature self-righteous athlete, but he's very talented, could very much help this team, could be a long-term answer at QB, and is a winner at every level of competition. I would be totally down w/ him as a member of this team, and I really feel like we will take a peek when the time comes.

DieHrdBillsFan23
05-05-2011, 06:07 PM
what about Tyler Thigpen? I know he is with Miami but could become an option as a backup to Fitz. Def not the answer but a decent enough backup and serviceable starter when needed.

Mr. Miyagi
05-05-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm not a Vince Young fan but I'll tell you what. It doesn't hurt to look under every rock and if he comes super cheap, I would consider it.

But I really doubt he would come in a be content with being a backup. He'd raise hell and be very destructive in the locker room.

Then there are the dumbass fans who are easily enticed by shiny objects that clamoring to start Young.

mrbojanglezs
05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
If we can get into his head sure, otherwise no. He is border line ******ed.

that may be giving him too much credit

PromoTheRobot
05-05-2011, 09:53 PM
VY is exactly the kind of player the Bills DO NOT need. What's more, the last thing the Bills need to do is bring in every reject at QB hoping someone works out. When you see a team do that it means they are flailing about and have no plan to win.

PTR

Philagape
05-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Nothing to lose.

Locker room peace

ZAZusmc03
05-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Honestly, as much as I hate to admit I, I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in if for cheap to compete with Fitz and brown in camp. Throw in an udfa like devlin and see how things go. Either way, id like to see us briiing in a forner high round pick that's athletic that didn't work out elsewhere to see if the new setting helps.

THRILLHO
05-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Bring him in, and let him sit the whole year like a rookie. See if he learns anything.

Wasnt T.O. supposed to bring our locker room down too? Let the locker room get shaken up, whats the worse that can happen? We win only four games?

Bangarang
05-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Young doesn't sound like the type of character Nix is looking to put on his football team.

OpIv37
05-06-2011, 09:38 AM
VY is exactly the kind of player the Bills DO NOT need. What's more, the last thing the Bills need to do is bring in every reject at QB hoping someone works out. When you see a team do that it means they are flailing about and have no plan to win.

PTR

wow, for once, we actually agree.

trapezeus
05-06-2011, 09:48 AM
VY is a bad choice.

He was good early, bad at the end. he's a headcase.

I don't get why people want two mediocre QB's pushing us to 6-10 when having one can get that job done and if he gets hurt the season is over.

I'm fine with that. This way, we can actually get a QB we want in the draft.

I'm done trying to find a starter from someone else's heap.

Ed
05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm not a big Vince Young fan, but considering the other vet options that will be out there I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a back up. We're not talking about trying to make him the starter and leader of the team, but a guy that can step in and give you a realistic chance at winning some games if needed.

I think Young is definitely emotionally weak and has some issues, but I don't consider him a locker room cancer. He seems like a good guy, he has just done a poor job of handling the pressure of being a pro with high expectations. I'm sure this past year has been pretty humbling for him so maybe going to a small market with low expectations and having a good qb coach like Gailey would be a good fit for him.

trapezeus
05-06-2011, 09:54 AM
how is he not a locker room cancer when he walks out on the team and like a petulant child says to one of the best coaches in the league, "i'm not quiting on the team, i'm quiting on you."

That strikes me as a cancer.

Jan Reimers
05-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm not interested at all. He is a head case and a quitter. If he is not the long term answer - and I am almost positive he is not - why jeopardize team chemistry and damage Fitz's confidence?

We can find far less toxic backups among guys like Gradkowski, Thigpen, et. al.

PTI
05-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Young would be much more likely to lead this team the playoffs then Fitz.

OpIv37
05-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Young would be much more likely to lead this team the playoffs then Fitz.

news flash: no QB is leading this current team to the playoffs. You could put Tom Brady or Peyton Manning on this team, and we still wouldn't make the playoffs.

We have no depth and questionable starters on the OL. We have no true #1 WR. We have no standout starter at TE. Our front 7 is suspect- although the DL should be better based on the draft and some guys who came on at the end of last year, our LB's are still subpar. Our DB's are getting old.

Fitzpatrick is not the long-term answer at QB, but neither is Vince Young. I don't know why you continue to advocate bringing in QB's who are as bad or worse than Fitz. It will not fix this team's problems.

PTI
05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
news flash: no QB is leading this current team to the playoffs. You could put Tom Brady or Peyton Manning on this team, and we still wouldn't make the playoffs.

We have no depth and questionable starters on the OL. We have no true #1 WR. We have no standout starter at TE. Our front 7 is suspect- although the DL should be better based on the draft and some guys who came on at the end of last year, our LB's are still subpar. Our DB's are getting old.

Fitzpatrick is not the long-term answer at QB, but neither is Vince Young. I don't know why you continue to advocate bringing in QB's who are as bad or worse than Fitz. It will not fix this team's problems.

Peyton Manning would without a doubt have this team in the playoffs. Their OLINE sucked too, averaged 18 less or so rushing yards a game then the Bills, the WRs were banged up all season and Clark at TE was out, their defense let up 20 less yards a game then the Bills, but they had a QB who knows how to win and thew Bills do now. It is astounding people don't think a good QB can make you win. There was not much different about Indy and Buffalo except one team had a QB who knows how to play.

OpIv37
05-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Peyton Manning would without a doubt have this team in the playoffs. Their OLINE sucked too, averaged 18 less or so rushing yards a game then the Bills, the WRs were banged up all season and Clark at TE was out, their defense let up 20 less yards a game then the Bills, but they had a QB who knows how to win and thew Bills do now. It is astounding people don't think a good QB can make you win. There was not much different about Indy and Buffalo except one team had a QB who knows how to play.

When teams have Peyton Manning at QB, they run less, so it's a skewed statistic.

If you really think there isn't much difference between Indy and Buffalo, and if you really think that Buffalo is a QB away from the playoffs, then we are all just wasting our time arguing with you. You clearly don't understand football and aren't going to suddenly get it no matter what we say.

trapezeus
05-06-2011, 10:32 AM
OP, how can you say that PTI doesn't understand football. He graded our draft on walterfootball.

PTI
05-06-2011, 10:43 AM
When teams have Peyton Manning at QB, they run less, so it's a skewed statistic.

If you really think there isn't much difference between Indy and Buffalo, and if you really think that Buffalo is a QB away from the playoffs, then we are all just wasting our time arguing with you. You clearly don't understand football and aren't going to suddenly get it no matter what we say.

OK, you don't think the Bills run less with Gailey running the show? Dude loves to line up in shot gun and pass. If you won't admit that then you are nuts. He can't help it. Look at the Pats 2nd game. 6 rishes for like 70 yards on the first 6 plays and dude can't help it and starts passing when we were all over them on the ground and we have to kick a FG and he never really runs the rest of the game and Fitz has 6 turnovers.

You are the obvious one who doesn't understand football at all. I give clear examples in every argument I make, you and others just make false accusations and hope your reputation makes it stick. Smart fans, there are a few out here know that you are clearly wrong.

justasportsfan
05-06-2011, 10:46 AM
You are the obvious one who doesn't understand football at all. I give clear examples in every argument I make, you and others just make false accusations and hope your reputation makes it stick. Smart fans, there are a few out here know that you are clearly wrong.

:popcorn:

PTI
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
OP, how can you say that PTI doesn't understand football. He graded our draft on walterfootball.

This is the most typical response of someone trying to discredit me and just live on their own reputation, it is a sad attempt to get people to put Thanks on your post too. Hope you feel better poor little baby looking or approval. What awful qualities you and others like you show in posts like this.

Bill Cody
05-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Vince Young is an imbecile, he's spoiled, he is arrogant, he's a quitter and might be bipolar, idk. Other than that he's a good fit.

OpIv37
05-06-2011, 11:51 AM
OK, you don't think the Bills run less with Gailey running the show? Dude loves to line up in shot gun and pass. If you won't admit that then you are nuts. He can't help it. Look at the Pats 2nd game. 6 rishes for like 70 yards on the first 6 plays and dude can't help it and starts passing when we were all over them on the ground and we have to kick a FG and he never really runs the rest of the game and Fitz has 6 turnovers.

yes, we all know Gailey should have stuck with the run in the NE game. You bring it up like 9 times a day even though we all said it right after the game. Apparently, you don't understand statistics any more than you understand football, because anecdotal evidence and a sample size of 1 game doesn't prove anything.

A QB isn't going to help the 32nd ranked run D suddenly get off the field. A QB isn't going to give us a pass rush. A QB isn't going do anything when 1 injury to the OL leads to him running for his life on every play. A QB isn't going to suddenly turn one of our WR's into a true #1. A QB isn't going to make Spiller live up to his draft status or make Jackson any younger.

And even if a QB in general could do all those things, guys like Vince Young are no better than Fitzpatrick.

kelly2reed4six
05-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Nothing to lose.

Low Risk type of option.

And you should be looked at by a psychiatrist! :-)....j/k

But in all seriousness, FFFFFFF NOOOOO!

This guy is a drama queen and a cancer! All we need is for Fitz to have a couple bad games an a bunch of our whiney a$$ fans to start calling for loser VY to start!

The ONLY way I'm open to Fitz NOT starting this year is if somehow there was a massive bridge burned in INDY and we could have Peyton Manning in free agency (which is 10000000% impossible!!)......

PTI
05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
yes, we all know Gailey should have stuck with the run in the NE game. You bring it up like 9 times a day even though we all said it right after the game. Apparently, you don't understand statistics any more than you understand football, because anecdotal evidence and a sample size of 1 game doesn't prove anything.

A QB isn't going to help the 32nd ranked run D suddenly get off the field. A QB isn't going to give us a pass rush. A QB isn't going do anything when 1 injury to the OL leads to him running for his life on every play. A QB isn't going to suddenly turn one of our WR's into a true #1. A QB isn't going to make Spiller live up to his draft status or make Jackson any younger.

And even if a QB in general could do all those things, guys like Vince Young are no better than Fitzpatrick.

Peyton Manning did those things last season in bold. This isn't about defense, it is about what they showed on offense. Bills sucked on offense.

OpIv37
05-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Peyton Manning did those things last season in bold. This isn't about defense, it is about what they showed on offense. Bills sucked on offense.

Yes, the whole offense sucked, not just Fitzpatrick. It's a team game- one guy can't do it all by himself.

And you keep saying that Manning did it, yet you offer no proof. You keep saying their OL was bad but you don't offer any stats or evidence, except that they ran for fewer yards per game. And yet you don't even attempt to explain why a team with Peyton Manning at QB would be running the ball.

The point is this: you are grossly oversimplifying the problems with this team. It goes far beyond QB.

Extremebillsfan247
05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Nothing to lose.

Low Risk type of option.
I'm not sure how I'd react to that but something tells me that the Bills might be in play for him if and when the lockout is ended. It would not surprise me. I do think that they would be sticking their necks out if they did get him, but I would give Gailey the benefit of the doubt if Young were to end up in Buffalo. JMO

Mr. Pink
05-06-2011, 04:39 PM
I remember when people said we shouldn't look at Vick either. Same type of QB, not the prototypical type of guy, have some baggage, all they do is win ball games in the NFL.

Good thing we didn't look at him either.

Bring Vince in.

Extremebillsfan247
05-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I remember when people said we shouldn't look at Vick either. Same type of QB, not the prototypical type of guy, have some baggage, all they do is win ball games in the NFL.

Bring Vince in.
Sometimes, all a player like Young needs is a change of scenery. It worked for Drew Brees who people were starting to consider being washed up in San Diego, went to New Orleans, and totally revamped his career. Young can win football games when is head is in the game. Maybe a new team could help him regain that focus like the Saints did for Brees. I'm not saying it will happen, but that it could happen. JMO

Philagape
05-06-2011, 05:19 PM

Bring Vince in.

Totally different baggage. I doubted his playing ability because of his time away and his age. I didn't care at all about the dogfighting, that's unrelated to the game. His football character is fine.

Young, on the other hand, has the kind of baggage that can undermine the team.

Mr. Pink
05-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Sometimes, all a player like Young needs is a change of scenery. It worked for Drew Brees who people were starting to consider being washed up in San Diego, went to New Orleans, and totally revamped his career. Young can win football games when is head is in the game. Maybe a new team could help him regain that focus like the Saints did for Brees. I'm not saying it will happen, but that it could happen. JMO

Plus he won't be brought in to be the bonafide starter. Have an open competition in camp between him and Fitzpatrick, whoever wins, gets the job.

If Young loses the competition and he appears to be a problem because of it, just cut him.

I don't see how taking a chance on a guy who all he does is put his team in position to win football games is a bad thing...especially on a team that has shown over the past decade that it has issues winning football games.

BuffaloBlitz83
05-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Buffalo fans act like Fitz is THE RULER OF WESTERN NY smh Vince Young has more talent in his toe nail than Fitz, A competition isn't asking for much. do you guys think fitz can beatYoung in a QB Competition?

baalworship
05-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I am sort of tempted to see any mobile QB brought in just because of Gailey.

kelly2reed4six
05-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Plus he won't be brought in to be the bonafide starter. Have an open competition in camp between him and Fitzpatrick, whoever wins, gets the job.

If Young loses the competition and he appears to be a problem because of it, just cut him.

I don't see how taking a chance on a guy who all he does is put his team in position to win football games is a bad thing...especially on a team that has shown over the past decade that it has issues winning football games.

just go away....please.

kelly2reed4six
05-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Buffalo fans act like Fitz is THE RULER OF WESTERN NY smh Vince Young has more talent in his toe nail than Fitz, A competition isn't asking for much. do you guys think fitz can beatYoung in a QB Competition?

seriously....wtf sent the ****** koolaid to buffalo?!?!

PromoTheRobot
05-07-2011, 10:58 AM

No we don't. We know what Fitz can do...hold down the fort till the Bills get "the guy." I can guarantee you won't find "the guy" at the QB flea market.

PTR

psubills62
05-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Bring Vince in.
I'm amazed when people simply assume Vick (or any other player, like Ngata) would have been just as good as they are now if they had originally come to Buffalo.

Vick has credited both McNabb and Andy Reid and the Philly coaches several times for helping him become as good of a passer and overall QB as he became last year. He went to a strong locker room that had a fairly established team already. I can't believe anyone would think he'd be just as good here. In my opinion, if Vick came to Buffalo, he never would have progressed beyond what he looked like his first year in Philly: slow and ineffective.

YardRat
05-07-2011, 11:25 AM

You do remember the Johnson/Flutie thingie, don't you?

PromoTheRobot
05-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm amazed when people simply assume Vick (or any other player, like Ngata) would have been just as good as they are now if they had originally come to Buffalo.

Vick has credited both McNabb and Andy Reid and the Philly coaches several times for helping him become as good of a passer and overall QB as he became last year. He went to a strong locker room that had a fairly established team already. I can't believe anyone would think he'd be just as good here. In my opinion, if Vick came to Buffalo, he never would have progressed beyond what he looked like his first year in Philly: slow and ineffective.

It's more amazing how many people think the NFL is really like a Madden game, where every player has a "number" and that is how good/bad they will ever be, period. The whole notion that coaching, mentoring, motivation and injury play a role in a player's career is a complete mystery to them.

PTR

Thief
05-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh no, he's a locker room cancer! What is this, "Days of Our Lives"? The dude wins games. We need a backup. Is he better than Fitz? Who cares, he is better than Brown, I know that. Pay him backup money. If we start out 0-4, maybe we can see what Young can do.

PromoTheRobot
05-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh no, he's a locker room cancer! What is this, "Days of Our Lives"? The dude wins games. We need a backup. Is he better than Fitz? Who cares, he is better than Brown, I know that. Pay him backup money. If we start out 0-4, maybe we can see what Young can do.

That's how the Philadelphia Flyers handled their goalie situation. Ask Peter Laviolette how that worked out.

PTR

ublinkwescore
05-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I would rather bring back JP Losman than go with Vince Young.

trapezeus
05-09-2011, 03:21 PM
vy gives up when the going gets tough. he's trash talked a very respected coach who has done some really good things over his 13 eyar career.

So isn't it hard to believe that VY will be all team oriented with a coach who may be as demanding but with less credentials?

And if they bills don't see him as the guy, why have him for ayear? it does nothing. just to have the competition for a year?

For all the people who are pro vince young, please at least admit that it's a big gamble given his history.

PTI
05-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Monster gamble. Without a doubt. You know what little I think of Fitz though, so I would do it.

Extremebillsfan247
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Well, he doesn't quite have a cereal named after him yet, but yeah. lol :rockout:

acehole
05-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Vince Young is a strange dude...good skill set but as we know you need much more then that to be an nfl qb.

no thanks..

seriously....wtf sent the ****** koolaid to buffalo?!?!

Night Train
05-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Todays word of the day = Desperation

TMu11
05-10-2011, 05:21 AM
I really think we finally have a team forming cohesion and are finally sticking with their guy (Fitz) who the team has been rallying around. To bring in yet another subpar QB creates the same situation we've been in time and time again. We don't need another QB controversy, and we most certainly don't need Young.

Bill Cody
05-10-2011, 11:38 AM
(sing it with me)

"ALL WE ARE SAYING, IS DON'T GIVE VINCE A CHANCE"