PDA

View Full Version : Perloff's way early 2012 mock draft

Jeff1220
05-05-2011, 06:40 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/05/03/2012.mock.draft/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

1. Buffalo Bills: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
The Bills did well drafting Marcell Dareus, but still have too many holes on defense to improve next season. You won't find a single 2012 mock draft that doesn't list Luck No. 1. Other than injury, the only possibility he'll fall is if the bar is set too high and experts pick him apart.

I know it's waaaaay early, but I don't see the Bills as the worst team in the league. They might be in line for Barkley, but to see them picking #1...?

sqad5
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
yesssssssssssssssss, but i still want to win alot of games hopefully

psubills62
05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I have to say that we actually have a decent shot at getting the #1 pick if Fitz goes down with an injury. If not, we should be picking around 7-9, in my opinion.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-05-2011, 06:48 PM
no matter where we end up we should trade to get Luck

X-Era
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/05/03/2012.mock.draft/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

I know it's waaaaay early, but I don't see the Bills as the worst team in the league. They might be in line for Barkley, but to see them picking #1...?5% chance.

psubills62
05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
no matter where we end up we should trade to get Luck
I've said this several times now and with how much time there is until the 2012 draft, I'm sure I'll say it many more times (just opining, not piling on you, WSS): no matter who is drafting #1 overall, they won't trade it for anything.

We could give up 10 first round picks and they wouldn't trade it. Just like the Rams wouldn't trade the #1 pick they used on Bradford to the Steelers for Roethlisberger and picks. No team is going to pass up that opportunity. That's one reason why Belichick won't be getting Luck unless he tanks the season.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I've said this several times now and with how much time there is until the 2012 draft, I'm sure I'll say it many more times (just opining, not piling on you, WSS): no matter who is drafting #1 overall, they won't trade it for anything.

We could give up 10 first round picks and they wouldn't trade it. Just like the Rams wouldn't trade the #1 pick they used on Bradford to the Steelers for Roethlisberger and picks. No team is going to pass up that opportunity. That's one reason why Belichick won't be getting Luck unless he tanks the season.
I agree with you completly. No way we get Luck :schmoll:

Bangarang
05-05-2011, 08:40 PM
I really hope we're not the worst team in football. Even if it does mean we get Luck. Every year, there are college QBs who emerge and people fall in love with.

X-Era
05-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I really hope we're not the worst team in football. Even if it does mean we get Luck. Every year, there are college QBs who emerge and people fall in love with.I'm starting to think losing the whole season may be a real possibility which puts us back at picking 3rd.

I really hope these guys get together and get this thing done but man, they aren't even talking yet... This could drag on forever.

Extremebillsfan247
05-05-2011, 08:45 PM

I know it's waaaaay early, but I don't see the Bills as the worst team in the league. They might be in line for Barkley, but to see them picking #1...?Yeah, I just don't see the Bills doing badly enough in 2011 for that to even be remotely possible. If they are that bad, we will be replacing a lot more front office personnel than just Modrak. This entire coaching staff in all likely hood would get fired including Gailey. We would essentially be forced to start from square 1 all over again.

CleveSteve
05-06-2011, 09:18 AM
it would take a series of early injuries for the Bills to be picking #1.

AZ, CAR, DEN, CIN should all be significantly worse than BUF this year

WAS, JAX, CLE, TEN all have a significant chance of being as bad as or worse than BUF.

PTI
05-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Worst team will either be Buffalo or Carolina. Easily. Bills have 3 wins, maybe on the schedule.

Ed
05-06-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm starting to think losing the whole season may be a real possibility which puts us back at picking 3rd.

I really hope these guys get together and get this thing done but man, they aren't even talking yet... This could drag on forever.
If that's the case and we do lose the whole season, at least trading up to #1 for Luck would become a realistic possibility. Unless Carolina decided to draft Luck and then try to trade Newton.

trapezeus
05-06-2011, 09:51 AM
the bills could be the worst of the bunch that need a QB. CArolina, tennesse, vikings, jax could do worse than us, but are they really going to draft a top QB two years in a row? Who knows. i think the bills are sitting pretty to get luck based on which teams have been drafting QB's early. i think the bills have a top 10 pick.

mysticsoto
05-06-2011, 09:51 AM
it would take a series of early injuries for the Bills to be picking #1.

AZ, CAR, DEN, CIN should all be significantly worse than BUF this year

WAS, JAX, CLE, TEN all have a significant chance of being as bad as or worse than BUF.

I'm not sure Denver will be on that list. They are likely to go after GB's DT Cullen Jenkins come FA to shore up that Dline. Elvis Dumvervil should be returning from IR also and alongside Von Miller will be 2 excellent pass rushers.

I'm not saying they are going to the superbowl, but I don't think they'll be among the bottom feeders...

Ed
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure Denver will be on that list. They are likely to go after GB's DT Cullen Jenkins come FA to shore up that Dline. Elvis Dumvervil should be returning from IR also and alongside Von Miller will be 2 excellent pass rushers.

I'm not saying they are going to the superbowl, but I don't think they'll be among the bottom feeders...
I think Denver is definitely in play to be picking in the top 5 again. They have a new coaching staff with new schemes that they can't even begin to implement until the lockout ends. Their defense still has a long way to go and if Tebow ends up starting who knows. No one in Denver is expecting any kind of miraculous turnaround in one year.

And if Denver has a shot at Luck, you can bet Elway will make the strongest push of anyone to get him.

TacklingDummy
05-06-2011, 10:49 AM
1. Buffalo Bills: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
The Bills did well drafting Marcell Dareus, but still have too many holes on defense to improve next season. You won't find a single 2012 mock draft that doesn't list Luck No. 1. Other than injury, the only possibility he'll fall is if the bar is set too high and experts pick him apart.

Wrong.

3 Buffalo Buffalo Andrew Luck* QB Stanford

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2012

mysticsoto
05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I think Denver is definitely in play to be picking in the top 5 again. They have a new coaching staff with new schemes that they can't even begin to implement until the lockout ends. Their defense still has a long way to go and if Tebow ends up starting who knows. No one in Denver is expecting any kind of miraculous turnaround in one year.

And if Denver has a shot at Luck, you can bet Elway will make the strongest push of anyone to get him.
The good thing is, if they are among the bottom we don't have to worry about them taking a QB. :D Same with Carolina.

Edit: LOL! I wrote the above before I clicked on the link above that has Buffalo taking Luck at #3 and Denver & Carolina picking above them...

justasportsfan
05-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Worst team will either be Buffalo or Carolina. Easily. Bills have 3 wins, maybe on the schedule.

I would be willing to make a wager that the bills won't be picking first in next years draft.

PromoTheRobot
05-06-2011, 11:33 AM

There is only one scenario I can see the Bills being able to draft Luck, short of losing every game. If there is no season, and the NFL decides to keep the same draft order, CAR will not draft Luck because they just drafted Newton. The Bills would at least have a shot at trading up to #1. But I feel pretty strongly if there is a 2011 season we won't be bad enough to be #1 pick. Not even close.

PTR

Ickybaluky
05-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Even if a team that has the #1 doesn't need a QB, if Luck is there they are going to auction it off for a great deal. If Luck comes out, he goes #1. QBs are too important, and he is the best one to come out in years. If a team at #1 doesn't want him, someone will give several picks, probably 2 of them 1sts, to get him.

That said, it isn't guaranteed Luck declares for the draft next year. He has said he likes Stanford, and will play it out there. He stayed this year as a redshirt junior despite his head coach leaving and being guaranteed to go #1 overall. He may just decide to stay next year as well.

TacklingDummy
05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
I have a feeling Luck won't be drafted #1. Alot can happen in a year.

Akhippo
05-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Washington - Tough division, no qb at all. Very likely #1. F Shanahan
Raiders - Weak division, came on strong. New head coach. 6 wins min.
Broncos - Weak division, Better if Orton plays. New head coach. 6 wins min.
Seattle - Weak division.
Cards - Should get Kolb to win division.
Browns - Tough division. Shaky 2nd year QB. 4 wins min.
Panthers - May be the worst team again. It will be auctioned off.

The Bills will be in the mix for at least one more year. If not Luck, Barkley or another riser should be the pick.

Luisito23
05-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Unless Carolina decided to draft Luck and then try to trade Newton.

That's exactly what will happen if the Panthers pick 1st. again...Changes of that are slim to none though.

Mr. Pink
05-06-2011, 04:43 PM
The Bills won't be picking number 1 come April 2012.

Zero chance.

Extremebillsfan247
05-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Zero chance.
I wouldn't say zero chance but odds are that its extremely slim. There are some pretty awful teams out there that make Buffalo look like a playoff contender by comparison. In fact I think it's a slim chance that they even pick in the top 5 in 2012 let alone 1st overall. I think they belong somewhere in the bottom 14 or 15 teams in the league. But this is a very strong young nucleus that Nix and Gailey are slowly stringing together. It wont be long before they start putting wins together. In fact, it could even happen as early as 2011. JMO

Buffalogic
05-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Bills are not picking number one next year lol. There's way too many bad teams for that to happen. Trade the entire draft for luck Ditka style!

baalworship
05-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I am so sick of Andrew Luck and these threads for a person that won't be on the Bills that I hope he turns into the next Trent Edwards.

X-Era
05-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Zero chance.I went with 5% chance. We will be hurdling toward December 23rd of 2012 and the earth may start shifting on it's axis before that, maybe as early as April... so I guess it's remotely possible. :D

alohabillsfan
05-07-2011, 08:44 AM
It does not matter, there will be multiple franchise QB's available in 2012...... Wait for it.

trapezeus
05-10-2011, 10:23 AM
i feel like the last couple years, we've heard reporters dog buffalo, we all jump in say it can't happen, and then in late november we are all like, "this team blows."

maybe they are right. we're going to suck this year. i'm ok with that. one more solid draft to fill in pieces and grab a great qb, this team might finally be only a couple FA in key spots to be a contender. i know 2 years feels like a long time, but i'll take it over constant 7-9 teams that have no hope.

k-oneputt
05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
If Fitz stays healthy and they catch some breaks they win 6-8 games.
If Fitz misses a lot of action then they very well will be in the running for a top-3 pick again.
We don't even have a back-up qb, and even when they do finally bring someone in he won't be much. And if Levi Brown is that qb they won't even win 3 games.

better days
05-10-2011, 12:28 PM
This mock has the Bengals picking 7th. Now if Palmer is QB that would seem likely but it is not likely Palmer will be the QB, not Carson anyway.

I would not be surprised to see the Bengals with the #1 pick, if not then Carolina will make it #1 two years in a row.

Carolina would be the one team that may be willing to trade out of the #1 spot.

Bangarang
05-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Luck lost a lot of weapons this year. I believe he lost 3 of the starting o-lineman, his top 2 receivers, Marecic, and Harbaugh. He has an uphill battle.

Ed
05-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I actually find the link he has in the article to his Way Early 2011 mock more interesting than his projection for next year. He had the Bills picking Gabbert at #9. I didn't think anyone had Gabbert projected as a first rounder this time last year, let alone top 10. It's interesting to look at the other picks now too since the draft is over. He had Aaron Williams going #13 ahead of Patrick Peterson at #15. He also had Ponder going to the Vikings, just later in the first round.

CleveSteve
05-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I actually find the link he has in the article to his Way Early 2011 mock more interesting than his projection for next year. He had the Bills picking Gabbert at #9. I didn't think anyone had Gabbert projected as a first rounder this time last year, let alone top 10. It's interesting to look at the other picks now too since the draft is over. He had Aaron Williams going #13 ahead of Patrick Peterson at #15. He also had Ponder going to the Vikings, just later in the first round.

That is a really good draft. The odd thing about it to me, though, is the despite the really good accuracy of first rounders, and in some cases, draft slots, 3 straight picks who were available when the 7th round started.

X-Era
05-13-2011, 03:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/05/03/2012.mock.draft/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2I know it's waaaaay early, but I don't see the Bills as the worst team in the league. They might be in line for Barkley, but to see them picking #1...?I'm starting to think the season may be toast due to the lockout which puts us at 3 again. Still out of the #1 spot but the Panthers would be very likely to trade out (Newton). Without a move up Luck is out of the question for us no matter what.

Buckets
05-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Does anyone beside me have bad vibes about another Califoria QB from Stamford?

Crisis
05-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Does anyone beside me have bad vibes about another Califoria QB from Stamford?

yeah those stanford QBs like john elway sure do suck

SABURZFAN
05-16-2011, 04:13 PM
I would be willing to make a wager that the bills won't be picking first in next years draft.

it can only happen if Fitz goes down. JMO