• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Perloff's way early 2012 mock draft

1. Buffalo Bills: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    The Bills did well drafting Marcell Dareus, but still have too many holes on defense to improve next season. You won't find a single 2012 mock draft that doesn't list Luck No. 1. Other than injury, the only possibility he'll fall is if the bar is set too high and experts pick him apart.
    I know it's waaaaay early, but I don't see the Bills as the worst team in the league. They might be in line for Barkley, but to see them picking #1...?
  • sqad5
    • Dec 2004

Re: Perloff's way early 2012 mock draft

yesssssssssssssssss, but i still want to win alot of games hopefully
    >

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I have to say that we actually have a decent shot at getting the #1 pick if Fitz goes down with an injury. If not, we should be picking around 7-9, in my opinion.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

no matter where we end up we should trade to get Luck
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220
          http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2

I know it's waaaaay early, but I don't see the Bills as the worst team in the league. They might be in line for Barkley, but to see them picking #1...?
          5% chance.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Why so Serious?
            no matter where we end up we should trade to get Luck
            I've said this several times now and with how much time there is until the 2012 draft, I'm sure I'll say it many more times (just opining, not piling on you, WSS): no matter who is drafting #1 overall, they won't trade it for anything.

We could give up 10 first round picks and they wouldn't trade it. Just like the Rams wouldn't trade the #1 pick they used on Bradford to the Steelers for Roethlisberger and picks. No team is going to pass up that opportunity. That's one reason why Belichick won't be getting Luck unless he tanks the season.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
              I've said this several times now and with how much time there is until the 2012 draft, I'm sure I'll say it many more times (just opining, not piling on you, WSS): no matter who is drafting #1 overall, they won't trade it for anything.

We could give up 10 first round picks and they wouldn't trade it. Just like the Rams wouldn't trade the #1 pick they used on Bradford to the Steelers for Roethlisberger and picks. No team is going to pass up that opportunity. That's one reason why Belichick won't be getting Luck unless he tanks the season.
              I agree with you completly. No way we get Luck
              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Bangarang
                • Sep 2010

I really hope we're not the worst team in football. Even if it does mean we get Luck. Every year, there are college QBs who emerge and people fall in love with.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bangarang
                  I really hope we're not the worst team in football. Even if it does mean we get Luck. Every year, there are college QBs who emerge and people fall in love with.
                  I'm starting to think losing the whole season may be a real possibility which puts us back at picking 3rd.

I really hope these guys get together and get this thing done but man, they aren't even talking yet... This could drag on forever.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2

Yeah, I just don't see the Bills doing badly enough in 2011 for that to even be remotely possible. If they are that bad, we will be replacing a lot more front office personnel than just Modrak. This entire coaching staff in all likely hood would get fired including Gailey. We would essentially be forced to start from square 1 all over again.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                      • Apr 2011

it would take a series of early injuries for the Bills to be picking #1.

AZ, CAR, DEN, CIN should all be significantly worse than BUF this year

WAS, JAX, CLE, TEN all have a significant chance of being as bad as or worse than BUF.

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Worst team will either be Buffalo or Carolina. Easily. Bills have 3 wins, maybe on the schedule.

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                          I'm starting to think losing the whole season may be a real possibility which puts us back at picking 3rd.

I really hope these guys get together and get this thing done but man, they aren't even talking yet... This could drag on forever.
                          If that's the case and we do lose the whole season, at least trading up to #1 for Luck would become a realistic possibility. Unless Carolina decided to draft Luck and then try to trade Newton.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

the bills could be the worst of the bunch that need a QB. CArolina, tennesse, vikings, jax could do worse than us, but are they really going to draft a top QB two years in a row? Who knows. i think the bills are sitting pretty to get luck based on which teams have been drafting QB's early. i think the bills have a top 10 pick.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by CleveSteve
                              it would take a series of early injuries for the Bills to be picking #1.

AZ, CAR, DEN, CIN should all be significantly worse than BUF this year

WAS, JAX, CLE, TEN all have a significant chance of being as bad as or worse than BUF.
                              I'm not sure Denver will be on that list. They are likely to go after GB's DT Cullen Jenkins come FA to shore up that Dline. Elvis Dumvervil should be returning from IR also and alongside Von Miller will be 2 excellent pass rushers.

I'm not saying they are going to the superbowl, but I don't think they'll be among the bottom feeders...

Comment

Working...
                              X