I'm liking this pick more and more.

More highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFjO_tPQG0

alohabillsfan
05-06-2011, 04:40 AM
The QB looked faster

elltrain22
05-06-2011, 05:18 AM
With the dreads, he's like a poor man's Marshawn Lynch, but he's not a knuckle-head.

Thief
05-06-2011, 06:25 AM
With the dreads, he's like a poor man's Marshawn Lynch, but he's not a knuckle-head.With the dreads? Seriously? That is your assessment maker?

Mr. Miyagi
05-06-2011, 07:55 AM
With the dreads? Seriously? That is your assessment maker?
Plus the fact that he's black, clearly.

At times I have trouble myself telling apart Obama and George Foreman.

Buckets
05-06-2011, 08:26 AM
The QB looked faster

A lot faster!

Night Train
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
In the 5th round, I like this pick a lot. Bowling ball build at 210 lbs. and seems like his best is still to come.

ServoBillieves
05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
What fridge was he dragging? Kenmore? Samsung? That was pure blocking helping him out. I can agree with the vision, but he'll need much more help at the next level before getting swarmed on.

Buffalogic
05-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Marshawn Lynch with Joique Bell's speed.

Mr. Pink
05-06-2011, 04:44 PM
How anyone can get excited over someone who's at best a 3rd string RB baffles me.

Danny Duberstein
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
How anyone can get excited over someone who's at best a 3rd string RB baffles me.

lol, yeah, I know what you mean.

I normally get super-pissed off when people gush about 3rd stringers (Xavier Omon, Joque Bell, ect), but I really like this kid. I think he could be a solid KR for us, so we can keep our CB's fresh.

And old-man Freddy will get hurt eventually. It's science. And Spiller is clearly not an every-down back. White has played running back, receiver and cornerback at UNC, and he was a special teams stand-out.

He has a decent shot to contribute.

ct bills fan
05-06-2011, 08:29 PM
yep - decent value but hell, any normal college RB could have scored on that play. I would have liked seeing an OLB, OL or even a QB drafted there instead. Still, it's a 5th rd pick so who the f knows.

baalworship
05-06-2011, 08:45 PM
His versatility could help him be the next Sammy Morris. Would not be the worst thing in the world.

ct bills fan
05-06-2011, 08:58 PM
What fridge was he dragging? Kenmore? Samsung? That was pure blocking helping him out. I can agree with the vision, but he'll need much more help at the next level before getting swarmed on.

Very good ST player too I think I remember being said??

Demon
05-06-2011, 11:30 PM

There's never been a 5th round running back who has had impact for a team ?

Running backs are a weird breed, because you use so many during a season, and theres always so many of them who end up being stars for your team on short term basic but it means the world to your team....

Google James Starks. I doubt he'll ever be a star, but, he had a massive impact for the Packers last year.

BertSquirtgum
05-07-2011, 12:31 AM
because our team isn't named after a big **** stain, it was awesome when you weren't here for the last few months. go back to the **** stains board.

wmoz11
05-07-2011, 01:25 AM
At best? No. At worst, according to our roster, he's our 3rd string back. His ability to catch passes (former WR) and ability to pass block makes him valuable.

This allows CJ to get normal carries on 1st and 2nd down - same goes for FJ. When it's 3rd and 5, we don't have to show our hand by putting Spiller out there (obvious pass). We can go with a run or pass with White there since he has the ability to both protect and come out of the backfield.

McBFLO
05-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I loved the pick when I heard it, and still do. Kid's got a chance to contribute on special teams for the next year or two while Freddy is finishing up his career here and while CJ matures. Could be the "2" in a 1-2 punch with CJ in a couple years.

elltrain22
05-07-2011, 04:45 PM
With the dreads? Seriously? That is your assessment maker?

Okay, let me be more specific. The dreads make him look like Marshawn, but his running style is also similar. He hits the hole hard, drives his legs well when he's gang tackeled, and has that explosive burst much the same way as Lynch. Not only that, but he's good at catching the ball out of the backfield, and a pretty good blocker ala Lynch. I really think that this pick was to offset the loss of Lynch. I didn't mean to say all that was similar were his dreads, but Lynch and White both run very similar styles.

YardRat
05-07-2011, 05:13 PM
He could replace three spots on the roster (Jones, Caulcrick and Ganther), making the remaining two available for other positions (LBer and o-line or d-line?).

mrbojanglezs
05-07-2011, 06:49 PM
white is alright