• Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Bills veteran QB to be...

Tyler Thigpen?

Per Rotoworld:

Bills beat writer Joe Buscaglia considers Tyler Thigpen a "natural fit" as Ryan Fitzpatrick's backup if the four-year veteran hits the open market.

Thigpen's free agency hinges on the labor outcome. While he's struggled mightily in short stints under center, Thigpen flourished under Chan Gailey's shot-gun spread late in 2008. A reunion with Gailey would benefit both sides while providing insurance should Fitzpatrick go down with an injury or take a step back in 2011.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills veteran QB to be...

It makes the most sense and once I saw he was available, I figured he was the one Gailey would lock in on.

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

Joe Buscaglia probably has just as many sources as Pat Moran, which is zero, he's just a young, up-and-coming sports radio host AND he isn't reporting we have interest or from sources, he's giving HIS opinion. His opinion should have as much weight as yours or mine.

Not saying Thigpen to Buffalo just won't or can't happen, but, this is a no story. A young radio host is giving his opinion....
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

Fitz needs to be challenged. I'm not sure Thigpen could do that. I'd like to see the Bills go after a QB who would not only fill a backup roll, but is good enough to compete for the starting roll as well. Fitz has to know that to continue being the lead man, he needs to bring his best every Sunday or risk losing it to the guy holding the clipboard. JMO

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

I am surprised that Thigpen isn't already on this roster. Granted, he's been with the Fins since Gailey got here, so that may be why it hasn't happened yet.

Comment

• Bangarang
            • Sep 2010

That doesn't say that Thigpen will be the veteran pick up. It just says he'd be a natural fit for the team. Whatever I guess.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
              • Jan 2010

it was just his opinion, I agree with him as being a fit, he didn't base it on any "source" just his opinion

Comment

• Buddo
                • Mar 2007

I'd prefer someone like Gradkowski tbh. Always seems to play decently when he comes in for someone, then just gets pushed further down the pecking order, when the Raiderz try and find another QB.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                  • Jul 2002

Doug Flutie? In reality, Thigpen makes sense if the agreement makes him an UFA. I think Young is a longshot, but worth considering

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
                    Joe Buscaglia probably has just as many sources as Pat Moran, which is zero, he's just a young, up-and-coming sports radio host AND he isn't reporting we have interest or from sources, he's giving HIS opinion. His opinion should have as much weight as yours or mine.

Not saying Thigpen to Buffalo just won't or can't happen, but, this is a no story. A young radio host is giving his opinion....
                    Agreed. Thigpen certainly has the advantage of familiarity with Gailey's system, and Gailey certainly knows Thigpen, but there are likely to be other QBs in free agency that have better resumes and more upside. Gailey might choose the familiarity route but it's definitely not a done deal.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      Agreed. Thigpen certainly has the advantage of familiarity with Gailey's system, and Gailey certainly knows Thigpen, but there are likely to be other QBs in free agency that have better resumes and more upside. Gailey might choose the familiarity route but it's definitely not a done deal.
                      On the flip side, some people are making so much out of Thigpen to Buffalo making so much sense because Thigpen only had success under Chan Gailey, but, who's to say that Gailey even wants him back? Maybe Gailey knows Thigpen of 2008 was hitting his peak and 18td, 12int, 2600 yards isn't anything to go writing home about.

Maybe, Gailey is going to want to aim higher?
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X