BillsMan80
09-08-2002, 04:00 PM
Balls
1. Travis Henry
2. Drew Bledsoe
3. The Defense

Goats
1. Special Teams

No one else was that bad to earn a goat.

Shiny Chicken
09-08-2002, 04:01 PM
I think the O-line deserves a ball too...

don137
09-08-2002, 04:07 PM
Game Balls:
Travis Henry- dominant
Drew Bledsoe- looked like Kelly
OL- Both Drew and Travis couldn't of done as well without them
DL- Even though Vinnie had too much time most of the day they played a lot better than I thought they would

Goats-
Special Teams- nuf' said
Price- Head wasn't in the game at times (giving up running route one time that cost a potential big gainer and going in motion clueless costing us a delay of game.

Billsouth
09-08-2002, 04:13 PM
i think your probably being too critical of price. he made some nice catches. he is not used to having a qb that has both the time and the arm to improvise and throw a deep ball on a break off route. it was just the first game afterall,

but our fing special teams once again suck!!!!!
17 points and 2 kickoffs for tds. i'm sorry that means instant termination for the special teams coach. our special teams were worse today than the home rome throw back days. Do we not have anyone with speed on our kickoff team. it makes no sense having your safetys on special teams being bryson and morris because all kick returners can outrun them.

don137
09-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know if any of the players we picked up after the final cut played on special teams today?

TigerJ
09-08-2002, 04:32 PM
I'm going to be a little stingier about distributing game balls. DB played pretty well, but did have the two ints. Some of that has to do with DB and his receivers getting more familiar with each other so the make the same reads. We don't want the receiver reading out and DB reading in. Also while Travis Henry had a big game and undoubtably deserves a game ball, the line which shares credit for that also has to share blame for 4 sacks and numerous big hits and pressures on DB. I'd give a ball to Moulds for his big 4th quarter. I think I could give a ball to the D-line for containing a good Jets running game pretty well. I think they got a couple sacks too.

Goats? Too easy-the kickoff coverage team.

BillsMan80
09-08-2002, 04:37 PM
The one guy I noticed on Special Teams was Denman with great coverage on punts.

BillyT92679
09-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Balls
Travis!!!
Eric Moulds
Peerless Price

Special Teams (obviously)
Secondary (did nothing of substance all game; was surprised at how poor Clements and Winfield played)

shelby
09-08-2002, 06:16 PM
Henry gets the game ball, no doubt...
Moulds had a good day.
Edwards, for that nice sack.

special teams get the :whip:
Price did not impress me

but...special mention on both sides of the ball for limiting the number of penalites;)

BillyT92679
09-08-2002, 06:27 PM
I still cannot fathom the anti-Peerless sensibility.
He caught several terrific passes, including a 4th down catch to keep the final drive alive. Yet there is disdain for him. It's enervating after a while.

JayWood
09-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Game Balls go to Travis, Drew, and The D Line. Goats go to the damn Special Teams!! And I would not hesitate to give Ruben one of those goats either. He did help Travis get into the endzone for his last touchdown, but other than that huis holding penalty, and then stepping on Drew's foot, well i think he could have played better, on a OL that really didnt do that bad

Butch
09-08-2002, 06:50 PM
Balls:

1. OL minus Reuben
2. Travis Henry
3. Drew Bledsoe

Goats:

1. Special Teams
2. Reuben Brown
3. Nate Clements

TedMock
09-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Price had 7 catches for 80 yards. That's pretty good for your 2nd receiver. He let up on 1 play, it happens. How can anybody say 7 for 80 is a bad game? Don't be a hater. He looked good no matter how much you hate him. Moulds caught 8 for 112. We'll be fine.

Novacane
09-08-2002, 06:57 PM
Game balls
Henry
Bledsoe

Goats...........man this is a tough one? Oh yeah!......the UNspecial Teams!

The_Philster
09-08-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Henry gets the game ball, no doubt...
Moulds had a good day.
Edwards, for that nice sack.

special teams get the :whip:
Price did not impress me

but...special mention on both sides of the ball for limiting the number of penalites;)

10 penalties is NOT what I consider limiting the number of penalties. I want 5 or 6 per game max :angry:

shelby
09-08-2002, 07:19 PM
sure beats 13;)

:D

TigerJ
09-08-2002, 08:07 PM
For what it's worth, it seems Ruben is confirming hhis goat like play. He said in the locker room that this was his worst game as a Bill and that his techique was terrible. That being the case, Ruben, do you suppose you could start taking training camp and practice a little more seriously?

don137
09-08-2002, 08:52 PM
I never said I hated Price. He did do many good things but there where a few times where his head was somewhere else and not in the game. A player needs to be in the game 100% of the time while on the field. His head wasn't in the game at times. IMO that is inexusable.

HenryRules
09-08-2002, 09:02 PM
One thing that's gone unmentioned when talking about Drew's play ... DID ANYONE SEE THAT BLOCK IN THE 1ST Q??? That was far and away the best hit of the game. We didn't gain much on the reverse (I think we lost a yard), but Bledsoe laid out one of the Jets DLs. The crowd went nuts after that play.

HenryRules
09-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Another game ball that I think deserves to be handed out ...
Jerry Gray. I think his coaching has to be given a lot of credit for the way the Bills contained the Jets O.

colin
09-08-2002, 09:40 PM
Travis Henry on O in a big way. The line played great and our WRs are gonna be the best in the NFL by the season's end. Drew was good, but the INTs hurt.

On D don't hate Clements, he did well, just not super well. How many playes did he get burned on, and Testi barely ever threw at him. The D ball goes to Pat Williams, he is a better lineman than Washington and one of the best DTs in the AFC.

We are gonna be good people, no more negative talk.

venis2k1
09-08-2002, 10:06 PM
i expect us to play ALOT better next week. Reuben will play with his head. We will not have a repeat with this special teams fiasco, the coaches are going to make sure they know what they are doing. Coy Wire will play smarter. And teams will now recognise that the bills have a ligitimate run game, this is huge. it makes drew's job ALOT easier.

LtBillsFan66
09-10-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
I still cannot fathom the anti-Peerless sensibility.
He caught several terrific passes, including a 4th down catch to keep the final drive alive. Yet there is disdain for him. It's enervating after a while.

It's starting to make me sick. What more does he have to do to to win some of these guys over? I think he had a terrific game. Ok one mistake on a route - ONE!

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2002, 11:21 PM
goat: ruben, special teams
game ball: oline, dline, Drew, Thenry.

lordofgun
09-10-2002, 11:24 PM
balls: Drew, Henry, ENTIRE D, Peerless, Moulds

bums: Prioleux (should have had a tackle on BOTH of the kickoff returns) Hollis (missed an easy FG. we wouldn't have needed OT.)

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2002, 11:27 PM
HOLLIS YOU BUM!!!!!