PDA

View Full Version : Reed should double his receptions

justasportsfan
06-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet. Here it is anyways.

http://nfl.com/news/story/6444233

4. Josh Reed, Buffalo -- Drew Bledsoe is the QB, Peerless Price is gone and the defense will get the ball back for the offense more this year. Reed will enter his second season with enough experience to make the jump up to starter. With Eric Moulds opposite him, Reed should double his receptions in 2003.

ryven
06-23-2003, 03:38 PM
That should be with out a doubt well atleast until other teams will admit he can and probably be one h@ll of a WR and start covering him more but he will still make those tuff catches.

TigerJ
06-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Reed doesn't have much speed, but he knows how to run routes and get separation. He'll get his catches and he doesn't have to depend on "sneaking up on teams."

WG
06-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Way too much emphasis on #s of receptions, attempts, completions, and yards.

Reed will be fine. But the more we throw, the worse off our team will be. A good healthy # of tosses for us will be in the 450-500 (max) range. Anything more than that and it'll mean something's wrong. Coaching perhaps, but it'll mean we're not doing the best we can or we have a slew of injuries.

The more we run the ball and let our D take charge, the better off we'll be!

MDFINFAN
06-24-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Way too much emphasis on #s of receptions, attempts, completions, and yards.

Reed will be fine. But the more we throw, the worse off our team will be. A good healthy # of tosses for us will be in the 450-500 (max) range. Anything more than that and it'll mean something's wrong. Coaching perhaps, but it'll mean we're not doing the best we can or we have a slew of injuries.

The more we run the ball and let our D take charge, the better off we'll be!

Don't count on your D just yet, these are new players, and have to adjust first...Your O may still need to carry you for awhile..with Drew as QB, there's no reason Josh shouldn't improve his numbers...Your OL still has some questions on the run game..I still believe Henry's yards were a result of your throwing so well last year..If you start the run first approach, I'm not sure yet on how well you will do.

Jan Reimers
06-24-2003, 06:05 AM
The D and a power running game will allow us to pass less often than last year. The passing attack will be more effective, regardless of the number of catches or yards by Reed or even Moulds. Reed will have a big season, however.

justasportsfan
06-24-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Don't count on your D just yet, these are new players, and have to adjust first...Your O may still need to carry you for awhile..with Drew as QB, there's no reason Josh shouldn't improve his numbers...Your OL still has some questions on the run game..I still believe Henry's yards were a result of your throwing so well last year..If you start the run first approach, I'm not sure yet on how well you will do.

Against the fins, I'd count on our D. We beat your team with less talent and same situation as far as having new players. Jenkins, Robinson, Fletcher, Wire ring a bell?

R. Rich
06-24-2003, 09:23 AM
I think I'll be rooting for Josh Reed the most of any player this year, just so he perfoms the way most people expect he will (including me) and that he shuts all this "We'll miss Peerless/We need a speed receiver" crap up! He can handle being the #2 guy, and I believe he'll show us that all season long.

The_Philster
06-24-2003, 03:58 PM
I don't think it's a requirement that we have a speed guy at #2 anyway. Eric is plenty fast (He's listed at 3rd behind Moss and Coles as far as deep speed in TSN's 2003 Annual) and if we really need another speed guy thrown in, we have Jett. Sure he won't catch much...but he should at least take a defender out of coverage so that Moulds and Reed can get open.

HenryRules
06-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Philster, while I agree that we don't need a speed receiver as a #2, I think we need one as a #3 (and I think Jett will fill this role) ... if we have a possession/underneath receiver as our 3rd (in addition to Reed as our 2nd), then the D will pretty much know that Moulds is running a deep route when we go 3 wide (or else everyone will be running underneath, which would also be easier to cover), making it much easier for them to cover him ... having a speed receiver in the top 3 can allow us to really mix things up with Moulds all the time and take advantage of his versatility.

Just my two cents.

MDFINFAN
06-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Against the fins, I'd count on our D. We beat your team with less talent and same situation as far as having new players. Jenkins, Robinson, Fletcher, Wire ring a bell?

You beat last year's team with less..but also our team had less, if you played last's years first team O, I don't think you win, but that's hindsight, remember the 1st O last year was avg. something like 27.1 points a game when the Denver diaster hit, then we played you with a less than O...minus a starting QB and both WR's. Didn't get them all back for the rest of the season..and it showed in our record and point production.

Demon
06-25-2003, 12:25 AM
What worries me, is from that list, besides Ike Hilliard who was hurt last season, everyone else sucks. Is this the list "best of the best of sucky players"? I hope not.

None the less, i think Reed will have a excellent season, but most of the other guys on that list won't have as good seasons as Kirwan says they will.