What do you guys think about Paul Posluszny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOSaints213
    • Mar 2011

What do you guys think about Paul Posluszny?

I heard that he has everything you want in a LB, but he is too soft (not aggressive enough) and injury prone.... Also, is he at a 1st round tender?

The main reason I ask is because of this:
    The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing

It's written by a guy who may or may not have insider sources, so I'm not going to say this is legit, but it definitely got me thinking...
  • Thief
    • Sep 2009

Re: What do you guys think about Paul Posluszny?

I heard the writer of that article has a small penis. That is all.

Comment

• wmoz11
      • Sep 2008

"Injury-prone" gets thrown around a lot. He only missed 6 games the last 3 years. I'm going to try to stay away from this topic since I've been a giant Poz homer since his college years.

Just want to mention that in 2009, before the scheme change, he had 110 tackles, 3 ints, 1 sack, and 3 FFs. There were very, very few ILBs that caused that many turnovers and had that many tackles. And that was only in 12 games.
      Last edited by wmoz11; 05-07-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• NOSaints213
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by wmoz11
        "Injury-prone" gets thrown around a lot. He only missed 6 games the last 3 years. I'm going to try to stay away from this topic since I've been a giant Poz homer since his college years.

Just want to mention that in 2009, before the scheme change, he had 110 tackles, 3 ints, 1 sack, and 3 FFs. There were very, very few ILBs that caused that many turnovers and had that many tackles. And that was only in 12 games.
        Yeah, he's a pretty exciting player. He would play SAM for us in a 4-3 (if you guys were to let him go). And you are right... 6 missed games in 3 years isn't bad at all.

Question: What did you guys tender him at?

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
          • Feb 2009

He is a above average linebacker but he is no where near the "franchise changing" Player that the author claims

Comment

• tcb5033
            • Dec 2009

Poz is easily our best linebacker and we would be fools to let him get away. I'll admit that he needs to improve shedding the initial block, but he can recover and make plays as well as anyone.

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

I hope he remains a Bill. Like many of the Bills player of the past decade, he hasn't turned out quite as well as most had hoped, but I think he would light it up with an improved D line - which I think is due to happen in 2012, with the addition of Dareus, the consistent motor of K.Williams, added experience of Carrington and Troup, and a healthy Dwan Edwards.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Slow, doesn't shed blocks well, can't cover backs out of the backfield, can't blitz, has shed the injury prone status he had earlier in his Bills career.

Sadly, he is the teams best linebacker.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                  • Jun 2003

i concur with FTY, but think Moats is our best LB despite being extremely raw.
                  www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                    • Sep 2010

Poz is one of my favorite players.
                    Originally posted by OpIv37
                    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

Easy to confirm...ask sabs mom.

Originally posted by Thief
                      I heard the writer of that article has a small penis. That is all.
                      Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

What is the tender?

What round pick if another teams signs him?

Originally posted by NOSaints213
                        I heard that he has everything you want in a LB, but he is too soft (not aggressive enough) and injury prone.... Also, is he at a 1st round tender?

The main reason I ask is because of this:
                        The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing

It's written by a guy who may or may not have insider sources, so I'm not going to say this is legit, but it definitely got me thinking...
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• NOSaints213
                          • Mar 2011

Question:

I know you guys are still looking for a QB. Chase Daniel was a highly touted QB in college, but the knock is that he is short (reminds me a lot of Brees). Naturally, we grabbed him and have been letting him train behind Drew for the last few years. Would you guys consider a trade of Daniel + a 2nd round pick for Poz?

Comment

• wmoz11
                            • Sep 2008

The tender stuff only applies if we don't get a new CBA and we revert back to the 2010 league rules.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Poz is one of the better linebackers in this league, and is a great leader in the locker room, making him a perfect fit . He attacks ball carriers and is solid in pass coverage and deserves to have a chance to play for a contending team.

In comes the New Orleans Saints, who happento be in need of a high-character, play-making linebacker to play along side of pro bowler Jonathan Vilma. I’ll tell you this — every team needs a man of this caliber — he is a franchise-changing player.

The Saints have been looking for a play-maker at linebacker that has pass coverage skills. Posluszny has the ability to lock up with tight-ends and running backs out of the back field in coverage.

OMG...Whoever wrote that article really has no clue about the POS, and apparently has never even seen him play.

Granted, he could be a solid contributor when surrounded with better talent, but unless your LB corps absolutely sucks balls (and ours does, BTW) he will always be the weaker link in the front seven.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X