PDA

View Full Version : Some of the Bills' youngsters may be ready to sprout

justasportsfan
05-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Good pass rushers are always welcome here and Carrington is a pass rusher who had 19 sacks in his last two seasons at Arkansas State. Moats had 29 sacks in his last three seasons at James Madison. Rookies, especially those from small colleges, rarely develop quickly in the NFL but Troup, Carrington and Moats have the potential of providing significant help as pro sophomores to needy areas.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article416765.ece

Jan Reimers
05-09-2011, 11:16 AM
I've often posted about how players develop between their first and second, second and third, and even third and fourth years. I think this could really be the case with Troup, Carrington and Moats, and you may see more from Coleman, McKelvin and some other guys as well.

I would like to think that Maybin might also "get it" in his third year, but I have serious doubts.

trapezeus
05-09-2011, 11:21 AM
maybin has to get it this year. this is going to be the easiest for him to make tackles. the middle should be stout, ILB should be getting pressure up the middle. The run should be coming his way alot. If he can't hack it early, just cut him.

i think troup seems to be working very hard in the offseason, and carrington is going to get less playing time but be fresher. the front 7 could have their basic core if it works this season.

Mr. Miyagi
05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I won't lie. I'm rooting for Maybin to succeed. If he finally turns the corner and become a decent pass rusher, it'd be like suddenly we had an extra 1st round pick this year.

ddaryl
05-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I won't lie. I'm rooting for Maybin to succeed. If he finally turns the corner and become a decent pass rusher, it'd be like suddenly we had an extra 1st round pick this year.

who wouldn't be rooting for him to succeed. It would be like cutting our own throat to want him to fail.

We're all frustrated with the pick and the player... but I would hope everyone is still hoping he finds his groove.

acehole
05-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Lets hope...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article416765.ece

Night Train
05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
We'll water them with Beer, if they fail to sprout.

TigerJ
05-10-2011, 09:51 AM
maybin has to get it this year. this is going to be the easiest for him to make tackles. the middle should be stout, ILB should be getting pressure up the middle. The run should be coming his way alot. If he can't hack it early, just cut him.

i think troup seems to be working very hard in the offseason, and carrington is going to get less playing time but be fresher. the front 7 could have their basic core if it works this season.
Yeah, this is clearly Maybin's last chance, and I think he has to do it in preseason, because if he doesn't make an impression early, the Bills will cut his behind before the season starts.

OpIv37
05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
I've often posted about how players develop between their first and second, second and third, and even third and fourth years. I think this could really be the case with Troup, Carrington and Moats, and you may see more from Coleman, McKelvin and some other guys as well.

I would like to think that Maybin might also "get it" in his third year, but I have serious doubts.
I'd like to believe this. I really would. But every off-season, I make a dire prediction about how the team will fare in the upcoming season, and every off-season, someone informs me that we will do better due to player improvement.

Yet, every year, we still wind up drafting in the top 10. It's partially a result of poor draft picks who don't develop. It's partially a result of inflated expectations on this board. It's partially a result of the fact that this team needs more help than player improvement alone, and they consistently fail in FA.

I'm hoping these three guys can improve and make the D better, but I'm not counting on it. I'm especially concerned about Troup- I really didn't see the improvement from him over the course of the season that everyone seems to be discussing.

Raptor
05-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Batten!Batten!Batten!