PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones vs Matt Barkley

BuffaloBlitz83
05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Let the debate begin! We are going to be out of the Luck sweepstakes. Landry Jonesssssssssssss

Mr. Miyagi
05-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Uh....jumping the gun just a wee bit?

DraftBoy
05-09-2011, 11:42 AM
So far Id say neither, but there is an entire season to see how both grow.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-09-2011, 11:48 AM
What about the kid from Florida, Brantly? He could be one of those players that blossoms this year.

mikemac2001
05-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Nah 19-0

fitz MVP

Place youre bet folks

DraftBoy
05-09-2011, 12:11 PM
What about the kid from Florida, Brantly? He could be one of those players that blossoms this year.

He struggled badly last year under Meyer, he's not a good fit for a spread system more classic style passer.

Will have to hold off freshman and media darling Jeff Driskell to even keep his starting gig this year.

That being said better pro prospect than college QB.

Slim
05-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Foles or Cousins could take a step forward as well.

Ed
05-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Nah 19-0

fitz MVP

Place youre bet folks
Yeah, I'm thinking Fitz is going to have an MVP caliber season and earn himself a nice big extension. So we'll probably be out of any kind of franchise qb sweepstakes because we'll already have our guy locked up long term for his prime.

Can't wait! Go Bills!

Extremebillsfan247
05-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking Fitz is going to have an MVP caliber season and earn himself a nice big extension. So we'll probably be out of any kind of franchise qb sweepstakes because we'll already have our guy locked up long term for his prime.

Can't wait! Go Bills!
If Fitz can repeat what he did last season we could probably win between 7-8 games with a better defense. On a side note, if we are to start scouting for QBs for next years draft, it might be a good idea to follow the teams that play from Texas east and from North Carolina south. That is the corner of the country the Bills have drafted from the most in the combined 2 drafts since Nix took over as GM.

justasportsfan
05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm sure Nix and Whaley are already on it. They probably sent the paparazzi to stalk them out.

Ed
05-09-2011, 02:30 PM
If Fitz can repeat what he did last season we could probably win between 7-8 games with a better defense. On a side note, if we are to start scouting for QBs for next years draft, it might be a good idea to follow the teams that play from Texas east and from North Carolina south. That is the corner of the country the Bills have drafted from the most in the combined 2 drafts since Nix took over as GM.
So who are the best SEC and ACC QB's?

k-oneputt
05-09-2011, 02:58 PM
So far Id say neither, but there is an entire season to see how both grow.

Let me quess, neither one is a first round talent and you will have some guy from Idaho or Delaware ranked ahead of them.

PTI
05-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Bills will without a doubt be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

DraftBoy
05-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Let me quess, neither one is a first round talent and you will have some guy from Idaho or Delaware ranked ahead of them.

No unlike yourself, I like to see more than just school they went to as justification for where they should be picked. God forbid we actually watch their film.

Extremebillsfan247
05-09-2011, 03:37 PM
So who are the best SEC and ACC QB's?
Mike Glennon from NC State could be one to keep an eye on this coming NCAA season.

cgbm
05-09-2011, 03:37 PM

Can't wait! Go Bills!

EN PRY NOT

k-oneputt
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
No unlike yourself, I like to see more than just school they went to as justification for where they should be picked. God forbid we actually watch their film.

And I assume you will think Barkley's and Jones' film will suck and they will be a 3rd rd grade, and they will then both get drafted in the 1st rd.
And playing in two of the best conferences against other NFL players will surely downgrade them in the "scouts" eyes because, you know, that super sleeper pick from Delware is better. And they will have to try and make a name for themselves with the "were smarter then you pick".

Demon
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Don't want Barkley, mainly because of the busts who have come out of USC and also, i don't believe a player who has played his entire life in California has a fair chance to succeed in the Northeast. I do like Landry Jones a lot though.

Jones will be a top 5 pick if he enters.

k-oneputt
05-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I'll take either one. Foles too.

Mike13
05-09-2011, 07:16 PM
He struggled badly last year under Meyer, he's not a good fit for a spread system more classic style passer.

Will have to hold off freshman and media darling Jeff Driskell to even keep his starting gig this year.

That being said better pro prospect than college QB.

If Steve Adazzio had a brain they would have used more pro-style sets.
and thats why he is out of a job.

Buffalo Thriller
05-09-2011, 07:33 PM
How about we focus on having a season in 2011, before we worry about what our QB situation in the draft will be...

ZAZusmc03
05-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Couldn't agree more. I was calling for Addazios head after the first 2 games. How do you take a supremely talented pocket passer and try making him run a tebow offense. I look forward to them actually adjusting the o to work for Brantle this coming season.

DraftBoy
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
And I assume you will think Barkley's and Jones' film will suck and they will be a 3rd rd grade, and they will then both get drafted in the 1st rd.
And playing in two of the best conferences against other NFL players will surely downgrade them in the "scouts" eyes because, you know, that super sleeper pick from Delware is better. And they will have to try and make a name for themselves with the "were smarter then you pick".

You know what assuming does, except it doesnt make an ass out of me. That's a well established and previously known fact.

Just wait for my analysis. Im sure you'll be sitting on pins and needles.

DraftBoy
05-09-2011, 10:23 PM

Eh, the team wasn't set up to run that kind of an offense either. The argument could be made that maybe you make Moody a more featured ball carrier and maybe it works but the process of switching over wouldnt of been uglier than last year ever was.

BuffaloBlitz83
05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Don't want Barkley, mainly because of the busts who have come out of USC and also, i don't believe a player who has played his entire life in California has a fair chance to succeed in the Northeast. I do like Landry Jones a lot though.

Jones will be a top 5 pick if he enters.

You shouldn't prejudge every player from west coast. Look at Aaron Rodgers. Grew up in California. Went to Cal. Dominated in the NFL playing in Green Bay. Is a SB Champion. You'd be fired if you passed on Aaron due to where he was brn and raised and played college and let him kick ass somewhere else

k-oneputt
05-09-2011, 10:47 PM
You know what assuming does, except it doesnt make an ass out of me. That's a well established and previously known fact.

Just wait for my analysis. Im sure you'll be sitting on pins and needles.

You not gonna make a list like this years where you put Devlin and Enderle before Locker and Mallett are you ?

I'll do it for you,
1. Luck
2. L. Jones
3. Barkley
4. Foles

Now don't mess it up with any of your stupid picks from Idaho or Delaware.

PS... I already know who your darling pick will be , K. Moore. Good luck with that. And for the people who don't watch college football, they will be all over that after he throws for a gazillion yards next season and completes 70 % of his passes.

BuffaloBlitz83
05-09-2011, 10:50 PM
You not gonna make a list like this years where you put Devlin and Enderle before Locker and Mallett are you ?

I'll do it for you,
1. Luck
2. L. Jones
3. Barkley
4. Foles

PS... I already know who your darling pick will be , K. Moore. Good luck with that. And for the people who don't watch college football, they will be all over that after he throws for a gazillion yards next season and completes 70 % of his passes.

Enderle and Devlin ahead of Luck??? Really

DrGraves
05-09-2011, 11:05 PM
welcome back mitch!

Demon
05-09-2011, 11:08 PM
You shouldn't prejudge every player from west coast. Look at Aaron Rodgers. Grew up in California. Went to Cal. Dominated in the NFL playing in Green Bay. Is a SB Champion. You'd be fired if you passed on Aaron due to where he was brn and raised and played college and let him kick ass somewhere else

True, but theres more examples of misses then makes. For our own sake, because, thats what i care about, we didn't do really well with Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards or JP Losman. As in Rodgers case, he was able to sit for several seasons, and he wasn't picked in the top 10. If we pick a QB with the 6th overall pick, Barkley or Jones, i doubt it's so he can sit behind Fitzpatrick for several seasons. Also, i doubt he'd receive less pressure.

Football is football and anyone can play anywhere, but it takes a lot of patients and time, essp. for those out of the element. In this case, they wouldn't have that time.

Also, maybe it's pure coincidence, but, Buddy Nix has drafted ZERO west coast players yet in his 2 drafts.

CleveSteve
05-09-2011, 11:16 PM

PS... I already know who your darling pick will be , K. Moore. Good luck with that.

It's not sexy if they win too many games. My guesses are Kirk Cousins or Stephen Garcia.

k-oneputt
05-09-2011, 11:23 PM
It's not sexy if they win too many games. My guesses are Kirk Cousins or Stephen Garcia.

Probably right. Moore will be to high profile and so will Cousins. Garcia is in and out of Spurriers doghouse and DB doesn't like those guys.
With a little consulting with big brother Russ Lande.......they will come up with some small school kid that will start in the top-5 and then gradually work his way out of there.

C'mon DB who is it for next season ?

DraftBoy
05-10-2011, 07:04 AM

I'll do it for you,
1. Luck
2. L. Jones
3. Barkley
4. Foles

You need to read more and assume less, Ive already given my opinion on Kellen Moore as a NFL QB prospect.

That's not how my top 4 look right now, but that's because only one of those players is a Senior.

DraftBoy
05-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Probably right. Moore will be to high profile and so will Cousins. Garcia is in and out of Spurriers doghouse and DB doesn't like those guys.
With a little consulting with big brother Russ Lande.......they will come up with some small school kid that will start in the top-5 and then gradually work his way out of there.

C'mon DB who is it for next season ?

Cousins is solid, top 10, but top 5 not sure.

Sorry but you have to wait just like everybody else. No special treatment.

wozrob11
05-10-2011, 08:30 AM
some thing out of the blue but what about kellen moore from boise state i hate boise with a passion but is he a first rounder ? and if so give me some feed back

CleveSteve
05-10-2011, 08:58 AM
:yle: (closest I could find to a *trap* smiley)

some thing out of the blue but what about kellen moore from boise state i hate boise with a passion but is he a first rounder ? and if so give me some feed back