PDA

View Full Version : Will Aaron Maybin be on the opening day roster?

Stewie
05-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't think he will.

Mindbender
05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm an optimist. Every year I think it's our year.

BillsFanInNM
05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
I think he will make it, not that he deserves it, only because they'll need him for the #'s game and he is making very little $$.

trapezeus
05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
i don't think he makes it based on chan's comments in the press.

I've never really heard a player get routinely called out like chan has for maybin. and it's not like maybin has been useful the handful of times he got out on the field. he's invisible.

of course, i'd love to see maybin turn it on this year and really find his stride because the defense needs his position to be strong, but i'm not sure he can do it.

Stewie
05-10-2011, 10:17 AM

I've never really heard a player get routinely called out like chan has for maybin. and it's not like maybin has been useful the handful of times he got out on the field. he's invisible.

of course, i'd love to see maybin turn it on this year and really find his stride because the defense needs his position to be strong, but i'm not sure he can do it.

Bingo. Chan has made it pretty clear that Aaron is trying, he just isn't good enough. I don't expect that to change.

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2011, 11:03 AM
If Vernon Gholston is still with the Jets, Maybin will still be given chances.

k-oneputt
05-10-2011, 11:05 AM
If Vernon Gholston is still with the Jets, Maybin will still be given chances.

Well he's not

Night Train
05-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I voted " No " despite the fact he costs the Bills little now but just doesn't seem like he'll ever be strong enough to play OLB.

Try him at TE as a last resort.

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Well he's not
Gholston got cut?

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Not a bad idea. If we're going to have to pay him anyway, why not. The only concern is whether he's smart enough to learn the routes.

better days
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Well, I heard Chan say they have not given up on him but he needs to produce now. I think the Bills will give him every chance to do so & think he will be on the opening day roster. Now if he does not produce he could be gone soon after that.

seanbillsfan
05-10-2011, 12:28 PM
I say yes because we have no depth.

TMu11
05-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I just appreciate the fact there is an option for those of whom that do not understand the question. Better yet, someone chose it....

mysticsoto
05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Seems unlikely. If he couldn't make it on for the past 2 yrs with less talent on the team at the same position, it's going to be twice as hard now that we've drafted better talent for the scheme we will use.

Extremebillsfan247
05-10-2011, 03:57 PM
I don't think he will.
Yes, barring year ending injury, he will be on the roster on opening day, when ever that is. I'll bet 5000 zone bucks on it.

Novacane
05-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes, barring year ending injury, he will be on the roster on opening day, when ever that is. I'll bet 5000 zone bucks on it.

I'll take that bet. Maybin will not be on the roster.

BertSquirtgum
05-10-2011, 05:46 PM
maybin sucks. i hope he starts to not suck though. however unlikely that is. poster boy for why you don't pick a one year wonder.

tcb5033
05-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I voted yes to be optimistic. I hope he's somewhere right now busting his ass to make the roster, and if he's not then he doesn't deserve to be on the team.

In reality though, I think he gets the boot. I don't think he's worth the investment and sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

Demon
05-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Big Dave has big plans for Maybin.

BertSquirtgum
05-10-2011, 08:43 PM
:monkeyp:Maybin

TigerJ
05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
I think the odds are against it, but it really is up to him. Being a first round draft pick will get you a couple seasons of grace, but if you don't show something on the field, it can't last forever.

BillsFever21
05-11-2011, 01:03 AM
If he doesn't show anything in camp there is a good chance he won't make the roster. A lot of it may depend on whether his contract entitles him to a big roster bonus if he makes the team this year or not.

If there is no big roster bonus and he shows anything in camp then he would probably make the team with a short leash. His initial bonus was already paid so his year salaries should be low. I'm not sure if or how big his roster bonus may be.

Stewie
05-11-2011, 08:04 AM
My take on the results is that Bills fans are equally divided, slightly in favor of Maybin, and mostly due to optimism and hope.

I don't think he makes it past the final cuts. I hope I'm wrong.

The only way he makes this team is by having great practice sessions and showing some results in the preseason. He better hope to god there is one.

tampabay25690
05-11-2011, 09:30 AM
I say YES.
From what I remember he is only a $800,00 hit for a salary this year.
I think he is strictly used as a Nickle package rushing END....
Hopefully they can find a thing for him....

Mr. Pink
05-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes but he shouldn't be.

X-Era
05-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I really think he will be. Unless we add a significant FA, I think he gets another shot. The only other killer would be if he has some bonus that we don't know about.

ZAZusmc03
05-12-2011, 06:33 AM
I think he will be, I can see an injury in preseason or.camp that allows him to Leach on for another season. But I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say ill be rooting for him to produce this season.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-12-2011, 07:58 AM
That'd be a perfect spot for him. In Chan's offense, the TE is invisible. Maybin would fit right in.

NorthCarBills
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Yes, but if for defensive reasons, he'll be hanging on the roster by a string.

As another previously stated, he could be tried at TE and have a chance to do better there. Maybe gain a bit more roster security via that scenario.