• Oct 2003

Tom Gibbons Director of Pro Personnel

and Chuck Cook Director of College Scouting. per vtext
    www.blzbus.com
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Tom Gibbons Director of Pro Personnel

hmmm. i know nothing of these guys? is this good news , bad news or nothing to blink an eye at?

Comment

• methos4ever
      • Apr 2004

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/65801895553417216 @JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora The Buffalo Bills today announced that Tom Modrak has been relieved of his duties as Vice President of College Scouting.

Don't forget Buddy may poach now-Charger, formerly ex-Bill scouts who have been ingrained in the scouting style he wants here:

The official source for Los Angeles Chargers news, schedules, stats, scores, tickets and more.

Quote:
      Mike Biehl was promoted to assistant director of college scouting in April 2008 after serving as a college scout from ’01. He scouts the Midwest region of the country and handles other key player assignments. Biehl spent the 1998-00 seasons working in the personnel department for the Buffalo Bills.

Biehl was born in Champaign, Illinois. He attended Paxton (Ill.) HS, where he played baseball and basketball, and he graduated from Illinois State University with a bachelor’s degree in finance and a master’s in sports management.

Mike and wife, Kim, have a son, Nathan, and a daughter, Kendall, and they make their home in Tolono, Illinois.

The official source for Los Angeles Chargers news, schedules, stats, scores, tickets and more.

Quote:
      Gibbons evaluates college players in the Northeast region of the country. He was hired by the Buffalo Bills in 1992 as an administrative assistant in scouting and spent 12 years (1995-03) as a college and pro scout. Prior, he spent 1990-91 as a graduate assistant at the University of Pittsburgh.

Gibbons is a graduate of Indiana (Pa.) University where was a four-year letterwinner as both a linebacker and tight end. In 1989, he joined the Indians’ staff as tight ends coach.

Gibbons was born in Dunkirk, N.Y. He and his wife, Kristin, have two sons, E.J. and Thomas, and reside in Hamburg, N.Y.

Comment

• methos4ever
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
        hmmm. i know nothing of these guys? is this good news , bad news or nothing to blink an eye at?
        I posted about one of em before Whaley's promotion - ex-Bills scouts who left in the migration West. Good stuff.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Sad...
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Could they be any worse than Modrak and Guy (who was fired when Whaley came in)?

Nix-Gailey-Whaley-Gibbons-Cook sounds a lot better to me than Brandon-Jauron-Modrak-Guy, who were our top football people just a few years ago.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• methos4ever
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Sad...
              These are exec positions DB. You can still get a job as an area/regional scout!

Comment

• methos4ever
                • Apr 2004

Chuck Cook is entering his second season as a member of the Dolphins’ scouting staff after spending the past 12 seasons as the Director of College Scouting for the Kansas City Chiefs. The 2009 season will mark the 26th season Cook has spent elevating talent at the NFL level. He is responsible for scouting the Southwest in the Dolphins’ system.

While in Kansas City, Cook was most recently in charge of coordinating the Chiefs’ college scouting and preparation for the annual NFL Draft after being promoted to the position in May of 1997. Prior to his elevation, he spent 13 years as a regional scout for the Chiefs focusing primarily on the Southeast region of the United States. Cook joined the NFL ranks in 1984 when he was originally hired by Kansas City after serving as an offensive assistant with the USFL’s Arizona Wranglers (1982-83). He began his coaching career at the University of Wyoming during the 1980-81 seasons.

Cook starred as a wide receiver, running back and defensive back at Southern Miss and was inducted into the school’s Hall of Fame in 1993. Following his collegiate career, he was a member of training camps with the New York Giants and New York Jets prior to embarking on his off-field career. Cook followed the path of his father, Hamp, who served as a scout for the New Orleans Saints for many years.

A native of Andalusia, Alabama, Cook earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Southern Mississippi. He and his wife, Carla, have twin daughters, Carley and Cori, and a son Colby.
                Seems like Buddy's boys are getting re-united in Buffalo...

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I like that Buddy Nix is bringing some old boys back to Buffalo. He needs guys that he feels comfortable with.
                  Last edited by Michael82; 05-11-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

i don't care about any of this bull****. i want to hear about the lock out ending and teams getting ready for some mother ****ing football.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

The Bills front office is like a pension plan for Buddy's fishing buddies.

Comment

• Bangarang
                        • Sep 2010

Has anybody called Ralph cheap yet? If not.......Ralph is cheap.
                        Last edited by Bangarang; 05-11-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Alright Gibbons time to fire your southeast area scout!
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ferg2butler
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by methos4ever
                            I posted about one of em before Whaley's promotion - ex-Bills scouts who left in the migration West. Good stuff.
                            I remember , great call. I wonder if he tried to get Biehl too

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

Interesting, Bills are just gutting out their scouting department. They just let 2 more guys go, Regional scout Rashaan Curry and college scouting administrator Michael LaFlamme according to Tim Graham of ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                              X