• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Go after the one who is cut...

Broncos | Unsure if Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow will be on roster
    Wed, 11 May 2011 10:50:55 -0700

Denver Broncos executive vice president of player personnel John Elway said he is not sure if QBs Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow will both be on the opening day roster because of the new coaching staff have not seen them practice yet.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz1M94jY5kR
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: Go after the one who is cut...

They have room for them both for one more year. Orton is still their best QB.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese

Comment

• CleveSteve
      • Apr 2011

I think if one is gone it's because they're traded.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'd take Tebow.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I don't want either of those guys. Tebow is unproven and his skill set isn't right for the NFL, and Orton is no better than Fitz.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

Me too....If he is good enough to back up fitz he will be ready following year...just dont know where he is at at this point ...
            Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            I'd take Tebow.
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• PTI
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I don't want either of those guys. Tebow is unproven and his skill set isn't right for the NFL, and Orton is no better than Fitz.
              Their career numbers are no where near comparable, Orton is hands down better across the board in every way. Incredibly inaccurate statement.

I can go over every number if you want to. I will just start with Orton is 32-29 as a starter, and that includes 3-10 from last year. Fitz is 12-23-1. Orton is career 71 TDs and 48 INTs with 16 fumbles lost, Fitx is 44 TDs and 42 INTs and 13 fumbles lost.
              Last edited by PTI; 05-12-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

People here in Denver are expecting Orton to be traded since his value is at its highest point right now. They should get a pretty decent pick or two for him. There's no way either of them get cut though.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                  Their career numbers are no where near comparable, Orton is hands down better across the board in every way. Incredibly inaccurate statement.

I can go over every number if you want to. I will just start with Orton is 32-29 as a starter, and that includes 3-10 from last year. Fitz is 12-23-1. Orton is career 71 TDs and 48 INTs with 16 fumbles lost, Fitx is 44 TDs and 42 INTs and 13 fumbles lost.
                  Except that Orton got to play on the Bears and the Broncos and Fitz had to deal with the Bills and the Bengals. The Bears in particular had really good D when Orton was there- a luxury Fitz has never had.

This is your problem: you don't understand the concept of a team sport. To you, every stat and every win or loss falls solely on the QB. There are many, many other factors that affect W-L and many other factor's that affect a QB's stats.

We aren't going to win a SB with Fitz and we aren't going to win one with Orton either. The QB this team needs simply isn't available right now. It's that simple.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Except that Orton got to play on the Bears and the Broncos and Fitz had to deal with the Bills and the Bengals. The Bears in particular had really good D when Orton was there- a luxury Fitz has never had.

This is your problem: you don't understand the concept of a team sport. To you, every stat and every win or loss falls solely on the QB. There are many, many other factors that affect W-L and many other factor's that affect a QB's stats.

We aren't going to win a SB with Fitz and we aren't going to win one with Orton either. The QB this team needs simply isn't available right now. It's that simple.
                    Last year both defenses sucked, both had records that sucked, and Orton's numbers blew Fitz's out of the water. They both played 13 games. Denver had a worse running game on offense and worst defense in the NFL as a total and 31 against the run. Orton was better.

Comment

• Stewie
                      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                      • Aug 2002

I have to agree that Orton is a better QB than Fitz, all things equal. But I don't think that means we should run out and get him.. Fitz knows the system, knows the guys, has the locker room, and that means something.

If either of those guys were available and willing to sign for backup money with if-you-end-up-starting incentives, I'd have no problem upgrading QB2.

...but, I still think Denver goes into the season like they did last year; Orton starts and Tebow sees more action than a typical backup QB.
                      Last edited by Stewie; 05-12-2011, 09:44 AM.
                      Originally posted by Topdog
                      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                      I love Weiner.
                      also cheese

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                        Last year both defenses sucked, both had records that sucked, and Orton's numbers blew Fitz's out of the water. They both played 13 games. Denver had a worse running game on offense and worst defense in the NFL as a total and 31 against the run. Orton was better.
                        once again: why would a team with a good passing game run the ball? You're very good at regurgitating stats and very bad at analyzing them.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DrGraves
                          • Mar 2008

i just had a nightmare last night that we went with fitz and he threw 4 picks opening day. bring in tebow please!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Tebow would be better than any of the undrafted rookies that Nix said he might bring in and Orton has way better nos than Fitz did last year with a far worse running game than we had.

I would bring in either.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PTI
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Denver can't get rid of Tebow. He is a jersey selling machine!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X