PDA

View Full Version : Local Video on Jasper

methos4ever
05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Big Mike's still working....

http://www.wbbjtv.com/sports/Champion-of-Character---Michael-Jasper-121738419.html

elltrain22
05-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Man this kid has tons of potential. I am really optimistic about this kid.

ddaryl
05-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Hard not to like the guy and hope he makes it...

Just hope he doesn't become a Peters ass once he he starts to develop... but I really get the impression he won't..

X-Era
05-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Haven't been this stoked about a late round guy in a long while.

Night Train
05-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Excellent watch. Thanks !

TigerJ
05-13-2011, 03:37 PM
It's certainly a fun story to follow. I hope he can make something of this chance. I have no idea whether he actually will though. There are way too many "ifs."

acehole
05-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Reminds me of Ted Washington...all the best of luck.

Big Mike's still working....

http://www.wbbjtv.com/sports/Champion-of-Character---Michael-Jasper-121738419.html

NOT THE DUDE...
05-13-2011, 03:48 PM
could be a great pick!

jamze132
05-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Guy doesn't look anywhere near 375! That's amazing for a guy his size! If he makes it, he's going to be a force at DT.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-14-2011, 06:04 AM
seems a good dude.... hope he suceeds on and off the field

NOT THE DUDE...
05-14-2011, 06:57 AM
i think he should play at 360

mayotm
05-14-2011, 08:19 AM
He moves remarkably well for his size. He's certainly an interesting prospect. I'm rooting for him.

Goobylal
05-15-2011, 08:42 AM
i think he should play at 360
He said his goal is to get to 360# by training camp (whenever that is!).

And looking at him, he's got everything you'd want in a NT. And he's been playing football since he was 4. It will probably take a year to get him up to speed, but he could be another Jason Peters, but hopefully with a better attitude.

Pinkerton Security
05-16-2011, 08:14 AM
With the 245 pick in the NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills selected the Bethel lineman. But unlike most others, his focus wasn't souly on making it to the NFL.

"I just focused on getting to college," Jasper Said. "And once in college things took flight for me and I just tryed to make the best of it.

Doesn't anyone proofread these things?? Good story though.

OpIv37
05-16-2011, 08:37 AM
I think is biggest problem is going to be keeping the weight off. He was over 400 lbs earlier this year, and lost about 35-40 lbs before the draft after talking to Bills scouts at the combine.

now, he's talking about dropping about 20 more. He's huge enough that he should still be strong at the lower weight, and he'll probably be quicker and have more stamina too. I just wonder how quickly he'll balloon back up in the off-season or if he has an injury and has to sit on his ass for a while.

tomz
05-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I think is biggest problem is going to be keeping the weight off. He was over 400 lbs earlier this year, and lost about 35-40 lbs before the draft after talking to Bills scouts at the combine.

now, he's talking about dropping about 20 more. He's huge enough that he should still be strong at the lower weight, and he'll probably be quicker and have more stamina too. I just wonder how quickly he'll balloon back up in the off-season or if he has an injury and has to sit on his ass for a while.

I am pretty sure I read that he lost the weight over the course of the last year after a challenge from a Bill's scout. Looks like he has seriously dedicated himself to this lifestyle. A full year and a 65 pound drop (from 440) represents a pretty strong commitment. He is clearly NOT sitting around.

justasportsfan
05-16-2011, 02:40 PM

Pay me league minimum and I'll stay whatever weight they want me to.

mysticsoto
05-17-2011, 08:24 AM

The hardest part of losing weight is getting over that initial hump. After having lost 70 lbs, I think he's way over that hump. He seems to either be in or have a strong workout regimen. Once you make it a pattern in your life, it will stick...

Having him develop behind hard working Kyle and apparently, hard working Troup should be a bonus for him!!!

Goobylal
05-18-2011, 08:16 AM
I am pretty sure I read that he lost the weight over the course of the last year after a challenge from a Bill's scout. Looks like he has seriously dedicated himself to this lifestyle. A full year and a 65 pound drop (from 440) represents a pretty strong commitment. He is clearly NOT sitting around.
Jasper said that he used to eat everything fried and that by cutting that out and making wiser food choices, he was able to lose the weight. As you said, it was a lifestyle change, and that's the only way to effect any meaningful and lasting weight loss. And consider that he did it without eating the variety of good and tasty foods that he'll get with the Bills, not to mention he'll also have a training staff keeping on him.

mjt328
05-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I've never seen a 375 lb. guy look that muscular.
Wow!

Goobylal
05-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I've never seen a 375 lb. guy look that muscular.
Wow!
It's impressive. Take a look at Terrence Cody without his shirt on. Ewww.