PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons: Bills Zone

northernbillfan
06-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Well it's almost been a year, and we can take any critisim you throw at us, er at least I can. What do you like and what do you dislike about the Zone.

Pro: Keeping tabs on the Buffalo Bills ALL year long.

Con: Log just jinxed the team

Tatonka
06-23-2003, 07:35 PM
pro - the appearance of the site.. looks great jj.

con - wish the threads had the little box at the right hand corner of each post, so you can check the box on several different people and hit enter.. and you have quotes from all of those you just checked.. makes it easier responding to several different people.

Tatonka
06-23-2003, 07:35 PM
oh.. on orangemane.. i saw they have at the bottom of the threads a box that says.. other posts similar to this one.. and lists some other posts.. cool feature.

Michael82
06-23-2003, 07:36 PM
:blamelog:

Stewie
06-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Con - You don't pay me enough to visit the site. :P

Voltron
06-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Pro: Meeting all these great people! (heck I even got tickets here!)

Con: The summer months with no news :(

shadowfax
06-23-2003, 08:58 PM
i admit to spending considerably more time at twobillsdrive, but that's just because i've been there for a long time and I know a lot of people who post there.

JJames graphic design and especially his videos make this place stand out. Meester James, if you did that for every game and had more more more of that sorta thing, you'd seduce everyone over here.

The thing I don't like about this site is the graphic signature allowance, which in my opinion borders on the absurd. SOme of the posters here have signature images that must be 200K. Seems like a terrible waste of bandwidth and page real estate. Simplicity is key, and with a little clean up, this site would be the best designed team site i've ever seen.

And I would pay pay pay using pal pal pal if JJJamezzzz would agree to keep making more more more of them there vidjo's.

PA Season Ticket Holder
06-23-2003, 09:07 PM
JJamez videos rock. Sometimes I just turn them on to jam to the tunes.

lordofgun
06-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
i admit to spending considerably more time at twobillsdrive, but that's just because i've been there for a long time and I know a lot of people who post there.

JJames graphic design and especially his videos make this place stand out. Meester James, if you did that for every game and had more more more of that sorta thing, you'd seduce everyone over here.

The thing I don't like about this site is the graphic signature allowance, which in my opinion borders on the absurd. SOme of the posters here have signature images that must be 200K. Seems like a terrible waste of bandwidth and page real estate. Simplicity is key, and with a little clean up, this site would be the best designed team site i've ever seen.

And I would pay pay pay using pal pal pal if JJJamezzzz would agree to keep making more more more of them there vidjo's.

Hey man, thanks for the suiggestions, etc. The nice thing about thsi board is that you can turn signatures, avatars, etc. off in your profile. Fancy stuff for fancy people and simple stuiff for the ******s out there. :D :jk:

Tatonka
06-23-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Hey man, thanks for the suiggestions, etc. The nice thing about thsi board is that you can turn signatures, avatars, etc. off in your profile. Fancy stuff for fancy people and simple stuiff for the ******s out there. :D :jk:

i was just gonna tell him that he can clean it up himself if he wants :D:date:

Tatonka
06-23-2003, 11:34 PM
and the graphic sigs and avatars are one thing i absolutely love here.. it makes me feel like i know people a little better..

mikemac2001
06-23-2003, 11:37 PM
pro - great up to date news

Con- Tatonka

Tatonka
06-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by mikemac2001

Con- Tatonka :confused2

Bills41
06-24-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro: All Buffalo Bill news and talk, all the time. Oh and that log guy is one evil bastard.

Con: I keep missing GOD when he's around.

Demon
06-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Pro: Awsome posters, great knowledged fans, ton of info.

Con: Tons of user namers that i don't even know what they mean or how to even say them lol. Another con is all the soccer haters here :(

shelby
06-24-2003, 04:21 AM
pro: the most addictive Bills message board ever.

con: the most addictive Bills message board ever.

:urock:

northernbillfan
06-24-2003, 09:04 AM
:lol:

R. Rich
06-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Pro: Cool site, lots of information, nice people here

Con:

WG
06-24-2003, 09:38 AM
LOL Shelby!!!

Pro: All the posters who make this site what it is. You all conduct yourselves w/ civility and grace, even in the face of some very impassioned and heated debate, which makes it all the more fun to "mix it up."

It'll be neat to see all the new people come on board this fall.

This is like we're on sedatives right now. A lot of folks are simply enjoying the lull prior to diving in head first for 6 months! :D

THATHURMANATOR
06-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Pro: -keeps me informed on my Bills and has some really funny people
- Lordofgun

Cons: -Work productivity down.
-Mike389382

lordofgun
06-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Pro: Hard-working, dedicated admins :snicker:

Con: Power-hungry mods :shakeno:

:D

WG
06-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Pro: keeps me informed on my Bills and has some really funny people

Cons: -Work productivity down.
-Lordofgun

You work?

Turf
06-24-2003, 10:01 AM
OK, since you asked................

Here's my sole gripe.

People collecting zone bucks for non football related chat.
Most people that have ungodly amounts of zone bucks acquire them in the chat areas of this board.
I feel it takes away from the prime focus of this board, which is Bills football.
I think posting in the non football related areas should not earn any zone bucks.

THATHURMANATOR
06-24-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

You work?

OUCH.....

WG
06-24-2003, 10:19 AM
LOL

TypicalBill
06-24-2003, 10:22 AM

:madcurse:

i'll show you power hungry!

:dance:

northernbillfan
06-24-2003, 10:52 AM

I officially issue you a warning, and am giving you a yellow card. Oh, and I'm editing your post moving it to the Twilight Zone, and banning you for a week.

Unless you apologize.

lordofgun
06-24-2003, 12:25 PM
I'm going back to BBI. :ontome:

LtBillsFan66
06-24-2003, 12:39 PM
You want a list of cons? I would have to lift my self imposed ban on saying anything against that gay ban-happy teal site. You know - the con artists. I won't stoop to their level though.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-24-2003, 12:51 PM
PROS - Posters on this board seem to have a sense of humor and have the interest in talking with other Bills fans.
The site is great looking

CONS - I haven't been here long enough but I am sure I will find one or two you SOBs!!!!

BFBills
06-24-2003, 02:11 PM
SOB's.....where....??????i don't see know SOB's.....:ontome:

pro:ummmm....alot of smilles' :)

con: people don't give me enough Zone Bucks and you guys don't make my "State your predictions HERE" threads stickry!!!!!

Gunzlingr
06-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Pros: The people here rock! There are few exceptions to that rule. Addictive, Addictive, Addictive!

Cons: The half-wit that thinks he runs the show :D, not enough hot naked chicks posting pictures of themselves, and those that refuse to bow to the Mod staff's unbending will :snicker:

lordofgun
06-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
Cons: The half-wit that thinks he runs the show

Dozer :shakeno:

BFBills
06-24-2003, 02:28 PM
i havn't seen dozer in a while...where did he go?

Michael82
06-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BFBills
SOB's.....where....??????i don't see know SOB's.....:ontome:

pro:ummmm....alot of smilles' :)

con: people don't give me enough Zone Bucks and you guys don't make my "State your predictions HERE" threads stickry!!!!!

Here's 500 Zonebucks, bro! :up:

Get yourself a new avatar and have some fun with the money. :D

WG
06-24-2003, 02:39 PM
I'm going back to BBI. :ontome:

Think they'll have ya...?

WG
06-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by BFBills
i havn't seen dozer in a while...where did he go?

He's out getting a sex change. He's recovering.

He said this board was taking too much time out of his day and the only way to "kick the habit" was to go under the knife! Or at least that's what he said! Perhaps it was DazyDog's decision however...

:scared:

So we'll see...

Either way, wish him luck!

EricStratton
06-24-2003, 02:45 PM

Sure

Michael82
06-24-2003, 02:51 PM

He's out getting a sex change. He's recovering.

He said this board was taking too much time out of his day and the only way to "kick the habit" was to go under the knife! Or at least that's what he said! Perhaps it was DazyDog's decision however...

:scared:

So we'll see...

Either way, wish him luck!

I thought he was getting a boob job? ::ontome:

BFBills
06-24-2003, 02:55 PM
thanks mike!

lordofgun
06-24-2003, 02:56 PM

Of course. I have mass appeal.

WG
06-24-2003, 02:58 PM

Of course. I have mass appeal.

So then, are you Catholic now...? :D

Originally posted by Mike32282
I thought he was getting a boob job? ::ontome:

IDK, it may have been a package deal. Not sure; Sex change, boob job, teeth cleaning, and bikini area waxing all for one low price!

Guess we'll know soon, eh!

osky
06-24-2003, 03:08 PM
It'll be neat to see all the new people come on board this fall.

Did he say "neat?" I believe he just said "neat."

We love you LOG

Michael82
06-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Wys said neat!?!?!? :eek: :yikes:

lordofgun
06-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BogusTrumper
We love you LOG

LOG:dance:ES, BT

ryven
06-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Well this forum is great it has a great bunch of members no one degrade the other and as for the rest you stay up with news it brings everything I want to know to one spot so all i have to do is come and start reading again this a great bord and a great forum so thx for the great job.

Bledsoe2Henry
06-27-2003, 01:24 PM
I think you guys got yourselves a good site. I like the way it looks. Plus I have been to other sites and there is trolls and lots of people who just like to cause trouble and spam. I don't see that here. :up:

Pros = Very sharp design and good graphics. Lots of intelligent Bills fans to talk to. No trolls.

Cons = I'm new here and haven't found any yet. :D

Throne Logic
06-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Pro: Good moderation; it's the key to any good board.

Con: No free food.

lordofgun
06-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Con: No free food.

I see you haven't been to a tailgate party yet. :D

BillsNYC
06-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
Pros: The people here rock!

BillsNYC says thank you.