X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdbillsfan2
    • Apr 2005

What's happening to civility

Is it just me ,or is there a new trend going around this board ? There seems be more malcontents , not with the team , but against each other. It's seems like when ever someone goes out of their way to add something to the forum . they either get flamed or criticized .
    T-Long came on to see if anyone had any questions for an interview . He didn't have to do it. He is trying to get answers to OUR questions.
    But instead he get's comment like "who cares" Crappy player !well I CARE!
    The same thing happens toPat Moran . It's not right ! If you don't agree with them fine. But there is a line between posting an opinion. and attacking the effort .

We have more then a few who go out of there way to make this board the best. We have guys like Db, clump ,Mikey (to name a few) who put in the extra effort. ( I know I left out a bunch of people ) I don't agree with everything every body says. but that is what makes this board. Debate the issues, not the effort.
    I'm sure it runs through these guys minds that they might get torched, but they still put in the extra effort. It's easy to throw out the cheap shots, but not many of us are willing to go the extra mile.
    Without the Coach Sals, t-longs, patmorans, Db, clumps , and Michael82 this board would still be okay, but not the same. I come here first ,before I look anywhere else to get caught up on Bills news.
    Do these guys always get it right ? NO..but neither does ESPN. The difference is
    They aren't charging us ESPN insider fees.
    Jokes are one thing (am sill laughing @ the Maybin dress joke ) but how bout we give the guys doing the work around here a little more credit ?
    Not anyone (contrary to popular belief )can start a blog or web page. It takes more then the vast majority are willing to invest , and more talent then you think.

With the lock out ,things have come to a stand still . Let's not shoot the messengers .
    OK , I've said my piece . don't like it ? too bad !
    The one perk to being one of the older posters is, I don't need to impress anyone.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: What's happening to civility

Everyone's a tough guy behind a keyboard
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

the ignore feature works wonderfully... If people are chronic douche bags place them on ignore. if enough people do this maybe some will get the idea and change tactics.

but I know for a fact lots of people on this forum like it this way. They like the controversy and the callouts... not sure why but they celebrate it.

Comment

• dog14787
        • Oct 2010

Compared to BB.com and twobillsdrive, the zone is a much more civil place to post, but OP is right,
        Lets show some restraint/ respect to our more high profile posters. :pirate2:

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

heck its alot nicer around here then in the past but i sure do agree with you SD...
          however you left my illustrious name out of your list of leading posters... I mean who can forget such memorable threads as "Is JP the real deal?" and "Is Trent Edwards the real deal?" and how about my finest moment: "Is Ryan Fitzpatrick the real Deal?"
          good god man, get your act together!

LOL
          Last edited by THE END OF ALL DAYS; 05-16-2011, 01:44 PM.
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• dog14787
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
            the ignore feature works wonderfully... If people are chronic douche bags place them on ignore. if enough people do this maybe some will get the idea and change tactics.

but I know for a fact lots of people on this forum like it this way. They like the controversy and the callouts... not sure why but they celebrate it.

Yup, kind of a mental punching bag of sorts, for some posters

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Why so Serious?
              heck its alot nicer around here then in the past but i sure do agree with you SD...
              however you left my illustrious name out of your list of leading posters... I mean who can forget such memorable threads as "Is JP the real deal?" and "Is Trent Edwards the real deal?" and how about my finest moment: "Is Ryan Fitzpatrick the real Deal?"
              good god man, get your act together!

LOL

Sorry !!!! Whacha say ? I had you on ignore ! lol j/k

Seriously......there are many many great posters and a few no so great , but at least they're respectful .

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

It's been a while since I have been here. I would only abuse the guy who suggested bringing JP back.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Why don't you just shut the hell up?

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2
                  Is it just me ,or is there a new trend going around this board ? There seems be more malcontents , not with the team , but against each other. It's seems like when ever someone goes out of their way to add something to the forum . they either get flamed or criticized .
                  T-Long came on to see if anyone had any questions for an interview . He didn't have to do it. He is trying to get answers to OUR questions.
                  But instead he get's comment like "who cares" Crappy player !well I CARE!
                  The same thing happens toPat Moran . It's not right ! If you don't agree with them fine. But there is a line between posting an opinion. and attacking the effort .

We have more then a few who go out of there way to make this board the best. We have guys like Db, clump ,Mikey (to name a few) who put in the extra effort. ( I know I left out a bunch of people ) I don't agree with everything every body says. but that is what makes this board. Debate the issues, not the effort.
                  I'm sure it runs through these guys minds that they might get torched, but they still put in the extra effort. It's easy to throw out the cheap shots, but not many of us are willing to go the extra mile.
                  Without the Coach Sals, t-longs, patmorans, Db, clumps , and Michael82 this board would still be okay, but not the same. I come here first ,before I look anywhere else to get caught up on Bills news.
                  Do these guys always get it right ? NO..but neither does ESPN. The difference is
                  They aren't charging us ESPN insider fees.
                  Jokes are one thing (am sill laughing @ the Maybin dress joke ) but how bout we give the guys doing the work around here a little more credit ?
                  Not anyone (contrary to popular belief )can start a blog or web page. It takes more then the vast majority are willing to invest , and more talent then you think.

With the lock out ,things have come to a stand still . Let's not shoot the messengers .
                  OK , I've said my piece . don't like it ? too bad !
                  The one perk to being one of the older posters is, I don't need to impress anyone.
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

Doesn't the guy who doesn't care and the guys who think not so happy thoughts about other individuals have the same right as the guys who care and love everyone?

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Great post, sdbillsfan2! I wish you would post more often.

Comment

• Bangarang
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Philagape
                        Everyone's a tough guy behind a keyboard
                        Keep talkin' and see if something doesn't happen to you. Test me bro.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bangarang
                          Keep talkin' and see if something doesn't happen to you. Test me bro.

I got a blister on my thumb, does that count?
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

civility went out the window when my thread, blasting JP Lossman after the loss to the Lions, mysteriously vanished.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

a thread like this usually pops up during offseason.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X