PDA

View Full Version : ECF Game 2:

The King
05-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Did anyone see that game last night... holy crap!

There's no doubt in my mind that Tampa is the better team, but if the B's can battle like they did last night we can squeak out this series. Tyler Seguin has shown up to the big leagues... 5 points (3 goals, 2 assists) in two games.

The King
05-18-2011, 07:35 AM
I also was very surprised to see them call the goal that went in off Timmys face... I thought that was supposed to be blown dead.

OpIv37
05-18-2011, 08:26 AM
I can't watch. I just can't tolerate watching Boston teams win.

trapezeus
05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
i concur with Op...it's enjoyable watching boston teams lose. especially the bruins since they are the last connection to boston being a town of lovable losers. most of the town has become annoying since their cheaterific superbowls, boring baseball and basketball championships.

the bruins are there to keep them sane. i know you are a big fan, bedard, but i can't bring myself to cheer for them.

G Wolly
05-18-2011, 02:05 PM
I didn't see it hit him in the face.

From what I saw, it hit his chest or something. So I assumed that it was caused when (whoever it was) fell on top of him which caused his mask to come off.

But the refs need to decide one way or the other to blow it dead or continue.

In terms of Enroth and Thomas last night, they let play continue. But when Boucher throws off his mask away from the play, they call it dead.

The King
05-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Look at my avatar... hit him right above the eye and went in.

G Wolly
05-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Yea. I watched the game and I saw it.

But from the overhead replay, at least to me, it looked like it didn't.

Plus, his left eye was bleeding, which was on the opposite side of the shot.

Thomas said he didn't even know if it hit him in the face, he was just trying to make the stop.

But either way, it was a heck of a goal off his face, heck of a game.

mightysimi
05-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Here is the explanation why they didn't blow dead.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366138

The gist is it is only blown dead when your team has possession or if there is no scoring chance if the other team has the puck.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2011, 05:35 AM
I am not sure why you would think Tampa is the better team.

The King
05-19-2011, 07:13 AM
I am not sure why you would think Tampa is the better team.

They're just much more explosive... those two goals in the first period were insane there isnt one player on the Bruins that can score like that.

The Bruins are grittier and they're definitely capable of beating the Lightning but Tampa Bay has more to work with IMO.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2011, 10:20 AM
They're just much more explosive... those two goals in the first period were insane there isnt one player on the Bruins that can score like that.

The Bruins are grittier and they're definitely capable of beating the Lightning but Tampa Bay has more to work with IMO.

I would take the grittier, tougher team in a seven game series any day.

The King
05-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Let's hope.

SkateZilla
05-19-2011, 12:21 PM
I also was very surprised to see them call the goal that went in off Timmys face... I thought that was supposed to be blown dead.

Same here:

rulebook says,

-Goals cannot be scored off the goalies helmet/face. (to prevent players from taking shots at the goalies head).

-Pucks that deflect off the goalies facemask are whistled dead,

- If a Goalies Helmet becomes removed, play is whistled.

Then Again how many times in the last month of the season did enroth have to play without a helmet...

Frasier gave his $.02

SabreEleven
05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Same here:

rulebook says,

-Goals cannot be scored off the goalies helmet/face. (to prevent players from taking shots at the goalies head).

-Pucks that deflect off the goalies facemask are whistled dead,

- If a Goalies Helmet becomes removed, play is whistled.

Then Again how many times in the last month of the season did enroth have to play without a helmet...

Frasier gave his $.02

Really? Did you make this one up? Miller got hit plently of times in the helmet over the last part of the month and they NEVER blew the play dead.

chernobylwraiths
05-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Really? Did you make this one up? Miller got hit plently of times in the helmet over the last part of the month and they NEVER blew the play dead.

Remember Hasek used to head butt pucks away?

I can't believe that part of a "rule" either because I see it all the time.

G Wolly
05-19-2011, 02:32 PM

There's a difference between facemask and helmet.

But I think that rule was misread.

If a puck hit a goalie in the mask, it may break something at which point the goalie gets the attention of the ref to stop play and get it fixed.

Otherwise, it's not always easy to tell during play if it gets up and hits the helmet until he slumps over, or a strap breaks off.

The King
05-20-2011, 10:24 AM
The Bruins pulled it all together last night. Very refreshing to see.

SkateZilla
05-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Actually i think this was an International Rule...