PDA

View Full Version : Time of reflection

Extremebillsfan247
05-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Remembering back before the draft with all the talk about the QBs at the top and who the Bills could end up with, I have since had time to go back and reflect. There were times when I actually contemplated what it might mean for the Bills to take that leap of faith and draft Cam Newton should he fall to the Bills at 3. After watching his reaction to being drafted by Carolina, and seeing the video of him meeting the Owner of that organization, I am soooooooo glad we didn't have the opportunity to draft this dude. lol If you want to know what I'm getting at, visit the Carolina main page and watch the Newton videos. It's really changed my perspective on this guy. It will really make you appreciate Dareus coming to Buffalo even more. At least it did for me. Go Bills. lol

sdbillsfan2
05-18-2011, 01:28 PM
He didn't seem all that glad to meet the owner.It was almost like he didn't want to be there.
I agree Darius showed a lot more enthusiasm @ OBD.
I have a feeling after awhile Cam will be referred to as "Fig" Newton
for his Fumbles, Interceptions and Groundballs.
He better hope those knees and legs hold up.

ddaryl
05-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I think the quote where he said "I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon" pretty much summed it up...

the guys head is not fully engrossed into the game.... Time will tell but I'm glad Carolina drafted him.

thesquirrelking
05-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Thank God he ended up in Carolina. If the Bills had drafted him I would've puked. :puke:

ServoBillieves
05-18-2011, 08:09 PM
So many people wanted Clausen last year as the immediate answer.

A few people wanted Cam Newton this year to make an immediate impact.

We'll see where both of those end up from now on.

Dr. Who
05-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Very few people who were interested in Newton thought he was going to make an immediate impact. You don't strengthen your case by making ridiculous assertions.

HHURRICANE
05-19-2011, 07:53 AM
The Bills got the best player in the draft.

I would have lost my mind had we taken Newton.

jamze132
05-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Newton has all of the skill in the world, but MTV got the best of him.

mjt328
05-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Running/athletic quarterbacks have been expected to "revolutionalize" the position for decades.
Randall Cunningham didn't, Kordell Stewart didn't, Michael Vick didn't and Vince Young didn't.

The position has and will always be about PASSING first, and scrambling ability second.

Night Train
05-21-2011, 06:46 AM
The position has and will always be about HYPE first and actual ability second.

Perception is king.