• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

Maybin's infant son died last year?

Link

That's horrible...can't even imagine.

AM: I mean life will do that to you. I have been put in a situation where this past year I struggled and learned a lot more about myself than I ever knew that I would. This year, the day before my daughter was born - she had a brother but I lost..I lost her brother. My son died the day before she was delivered so in losing a child..you, really grow to understand what’s important in life.

MP: Wow, I’m so sorry to hear that. How were you affected by the loss?

AM: In my opinion nobody…nobody should ever have to know what that feels like but once you understand the pain of a loss like that everything really means a lot more to you. You realize what’s important in life and the things that aren’t important just kinda tend to fade from existence. You really just tend to focus all of your time and energy into stuff that really means something to you.

MP: I can’t even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. How do you cope with such tragedy and remain so positive?

AM: I understand that I have responsibility. With most people they have the luxury of “aiight if things fall apart in life I can sit around and I can think about how bad things are .” That works for people when you’re by yourself. I might be by myself as far as .you know, being single but I’m responsible for my family.
    Hat tip to Buffalo Rumblings. Hadn't heard of this before.
    Last edited by Mindbender; 05-19-2011, 08:29 AM.
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Re: Maybin's infant son died last year?

Wow. Thanks for posting this. That is a terrible thing to go through, and further proves that while it is easy to criticize somebody; you have no idea what they are going through, personally.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mindbender
      Yeah, I read that yesterday when he posted the link on Twitter. Pretty deep conversation. Some sad stuff in there too.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
        Wow. Thanks for posting this. That is a terrible thing to go through, and further proves that while it is easy to criticize somebody; you have no idea what they are going through, personally.
        I don't think you can let Maybin off the hook for two years because of this, though. Plenty of other athletes (and people in general) have gone through similar situations and they were still expected to get results (and many still did).

That being said, it's a horrible thing to go through and for the first time I actually do have some sympathy for him. And to his credit, he didn't use it as an excuse- at least not publicly- because this is the first any of us are hearing about it. He could have deflected a lot of criticism if he had said something sooner, but instead he took it in stride.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

could be part of the reason he didn't dress for some games? not entirely the fact that he flat out sucks. which he does.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

That's an eye opener.

Comment

• Mindbender
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by jamze132
              That's an eye opener.
              I'd say. Not that he can blame performance on this but it puts things into perspective.
              "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• mikemac2001
                is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I don't think you can let Maybin off the hook for two years because of this, though. Plenty of other athletes (and people in general) have gone through similar situations and they were still expected to get results (and many still did).

That being said, it's a horrible thing to go through and for the first time I actually do have some sympathy for him. And to his credit, he didn't use it as an excuse- at least not publicly- because this is the first any of us are hearing about it. He could have deflected a lot of criticism if he had said something sooner, but instead he took it in stride.

Yes he should be able to preform at his job but hes not as aged as some people. he is still very young and hard to say how he should handle it or how it should affect him. hes 23 years old i don't think anyone should or would be ready for a childs' death at that time in there life.

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• TMu11
                  • Mar 2010

Like Op said, I really give this guy credit for not using this as an excuse during the season for performance failures
                  Last edited by TMu11; 05-19-2011, 02:27 PM.
                  After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• LVGrown
                    Vegas Growed
                    • Jul 2002

So let me get this right ... those of you that are parents wouldn't skip a beat if you lost a child? And who are we to determine how anybody else should be coping with the loss of a child. Im not real high on the guy either, but damn ... some of you can be pretty ruthless.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

I'm really surprised in this day and age we are just hearing about this now.

Comment

• superbills
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                        Very true, but from a strictly football standpoint the guy was an awful mess out there. Hopefully, he can surprise us all and go out there this year with a clear head and live up to the expectations we had for him when he was drafted.
                        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                        Ronald Reagan
                        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• McBFLO
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by LVGrown
                          So let me get this right ... those of you that are parents wouldn't skip a beat if you lost a child? And who are we to determine how anybody else should be coping with the loss of a child. Im not real high on the guy either, but damn ... some of you can be pretty ruthless.
                          I couldn't agree more.
                          Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by LVGrown
                            There's some real "hardasses" around here.

Comment

• dasaybz
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Really? Name 1 athlete that had a son die on him and then went out that year and created great results.

Comment

Working...
                              X