PDA

View Full Version : The Bills' Top Ten Prospects

Jeff1220
05-19-2011, 09:35 AM
http://www.chrissteuber.com/billstop10.html

This guy actually sounds like he's paying attention.

jamze132
05-19-2011, 09:42 AM
That's actually not a bad assessment. But, and this is just me and the rest of Bills fans everywhere, I would replaced Maybin with Arthur Moats.

mysticsoto
05-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Danny Batten and especially Marcus Easley probably deserve mention also...

k-oneputt
05-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Danny Batten and especially Marcus Easley probably deserve mention also...

Why ? Neither one has played and both are coming off injuries.

I would put McKelvin before carrington, troup, and maybin. And I'm not a big McKelvin fan either.

mysticsoto
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Why ? Neither one has played and both are coming off injuries.

I would put McKelvin before carrington, troup, and maybin. And I'm not a big McKelvin fan either.

Troup and Carrington haven't done much with the little they've played. Maybin has done nothing in 2 yrs. Why put them?

Both Batten and Easley looked good and were showing alot before they went down with injuries - that's why.

Reminds me of when I reported that Fred Jackson had returned from Europe, and was looking really good. The naysayers responded that he was camp fodder...

Saratoga Slim
05-19-2011, 11:02 AM
I think this list, and the fact that you can easily add Moats, Easley, Batten, Nelson, Hairston and several others to it, underscores that fact that we're an extremely young team whose outlook is really dependant on that youth to make a big impact soon.

better days
05-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Troup and Carrington haven't done much with the little they've played. Maybin has done nothing in 2 yrs. Why put them?

Both Batten and Easley looked good and were showing alot before they went down with injuries - that's why.

Reminds me of when I reported that Fred Jackson had returned from Europe, and was looking really good. The naysayers responded that he was camp fodder...

It was stupid to pick Maybin that high, but at 23 years old he is still very young & growing. Maybe he will show us something this year.

mysticsoto
05-19-2011, 12:11 PM
It was stupid to pick Maybin that high, but at 23 years old he is still very young & growing. Maybe he will show us something this year.
I wonder where we'd be if we had drafted Orakpo like pretty much every sane Bills fan thought we'd draft when it was clear we were going to have our pick of any DE we wanted.

I think this year was the 1st time in a long time where after our 1st pick I did not yell, "WHAT???" and instead yelled, "YES!!!"

Captain gameboy
05-20-2011, 06:40 AM
I really hope the Wanny hire is a major influence that is realized early.

There's a lot to like about a lot of these defensive players, but gosh we were bad.

TigerJ
05-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Steuber has an interesting bio himself. He started out as a sports journalist, began looking at football prospects as a media prognosticator (a la Mel Kiper) and is now a director of pro player personnel for an Arena football team. Maybe DraftBoy will yet wind up as an NFL GM. Regarding his listing, I'd have to say the odds are stacked well against Aaron Maybin finally makeing his turnaround, but if he did, it would be really nice.

DraftBoy
05-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Steuber has an interesting bio himself. He started out as a sports journalist, began looking at football prospects as a media prognosticator (a la Mel Kiper) and is now a director of pro player personnel for an Arena football team. Maybe DraftBoy will yet wind up as an NFL GM. Regarding his listing, I'd have to say the odds are stacked well against Aaron Maybin finally makeing his turnaround, but if he did, it would be really nice.

Chris is a very good guy. He actually works for the Arena team here in Georgia (Georgia Force) and was working with NFL Draft Scout until that occured. Prior to being with NFLD Scout, he was with Scout.com/Fox Sports as their National Draft Analyst.

He has great connections, and he and I hashed it over the list when he released it a few weeks ago. Good eye for talent, and good evaluator.

DraftBoy
05-20-2011, 07:29 AM
I think this list, and the fact that you can easily add Moats, Easley, Batten, Nelson, Hairston and several others to it, underscores that fact that we're an extremely young team whose outlook is really dependant on that youth to make a big impact soon.

I think that's a good point, I mean read the discussion in this thread, you have literally 5 prospects who have shown little to nothing as of yet (Troup, Carrington, Easley, Batten, and Maybin) some because of injury, some because of lack of PT, and some because they have yet to show the ability to warrant getting any PT. Then you have this year's entire rookie class, plus two young defensive backs who have had their fair share of struggle (McKelvin, and Byrd).

We are a young team, and we could go either way right now.