• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

My interview with Aaron Maybin

It has yet to be published on NFL.com, but The Fan Hub has it out. I figured, why wait? Hope you all enjoy...

Maybin Interview
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: My interview with Aaron Maybin

Good stuff!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i feel like you could have asked him some much tougher questions..
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

not to **** on your interview.. you did a good job.. just feel like there were a lot of questions thrown out there that could have gotten to the stuff we really want to hear from him.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mindbender
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Tatonka
          i feel like you could have asked him some much tougher questions..
          My guess is T-Long has pretty significant time restrictions or number of questions restrictions. I wouldn't want to piss off Maybin by being antagonistic the entire interview (5-6 questions or so). That's a good way to get him to not answer ANY questions and probably ruin any chances of future interviews.

I think this probably was the most antagonistic you could get in an interview like this:

Long: In a recent interview with Tim Graham of ESPN.com, head coach Chan Gailey was asked about you personally. He had this to say: "He's got to understand about pass-rush. He's got to understand about leverage and changing direction and not running past the quarterback and all those little things that go into a great pass-rusher's feel for beating an offensive tackle and getting to the passer. He's got to be a better special-teams player. He's got to be better versus the run." What is your response?
          "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

the kid has shown some flashes. he has speed, quickness, and seems to be working on his size and power/technique. i think its just a matter of him working on his technique and developing a legit power rush. its easier said than done. i remember eric moulds was considered done after 2 years, and he broke out. keep in mind that in preseason, during some games e.g. against jonathan scott he had 2 major pressures, against jeff backus he had his first sack in preseaon where he blew by him, in his first preseason game against max starks he had some pressure. its not like he hasnt shown potential. i just want him to get up to 265lbs and develop more power. that would help out his speed rush quite a bit... jmo if aaron maybin does have a breakout year, ie 8+ sacks, he would help out this team so much. i just think we are set with merriman, kelsay, moats, batten, coleman, and maybe even kirlew.... well see...

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2010

also keep in mind it took cameron wake, who is the same size and from penn state 5 years to break out. same for harrison. either way this is maybins last chance

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                the kid has shown some flashes. he has speed, quickness, and seems to be working on his size and power/technique. i think its just a matter of him working on his technique and developing a legit power rush. its easier said than done. i remember eric moulds was considered done after 2 years, and he broke out. keep in mind that in preseason, during some games e.g. against jonathan scott he had 2 major pressures, against jeff backus he had his first sack in preseaon where he blew by him, in his first preseason game against max starks he had some pressure. its not like he hasnt shown potential. i just want him to get up to 265lbs and develop more power. that would help out his speed rush quite a bit... jmo if aaron maybin does have a breakout year, ie 8+ sacks, he would help out this team so much. i just think we are set with merriman, kelsay, moats, batten, coleman, and maybe even kirlew.... well see...
                Shown flashes of what? The highlight of his 2-year career has been drawing a holding penalty on Jonathan Scott. Aaron Maybin is done, barring injuries to other guys he won't even be on the opening day roster.

BTW, good job with the interview Terry. I know you have time restrictions on these things and also if you're name isn't Peter King or SalPal you can get cut off real quick from an interview with the wrong question. Good stuff

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                  the kid has shown some flashes.

Uh..................no he hasn't.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

BTW, good job with the interview Terry. I know you have time restrictions on these things and also if you're name isn't Peter King or SalPal you can get cut off real quick from an interview with the wrong question. Good stuff

Exactly why I don't get on you guys for not asking the real tough questions that we would all like to hear Maybust answer. You guys are trying to build a name for yourselves. If you ask to tough of questions you'll never get another interview,

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Good job.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Good job on the interview. Sounds like a class guy, too bad he absolutely blows on the field.

Comment

• Buddo
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          Good job on the interview. Sounds like a class guy, too bad he absolutely blows on the field.
                          Pretty much this.
                          I think that's what makes it more frustrating with him tbh. He doesn't just say the right things, he tries to do them. Let's hope something 'clicks' for him, and he can actually contribute this year - that doesn't mean I'm of the opinion he will, just that it would be good all round, if he could.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                            • Jul 2005

Look I really doubt this guy ever gets it but there are some things that may benefit him and help him out.

1. The coaches are not giving him anything this either makes players quit or work harder

2. He is working on his weakness and appears to be getting bigger. The one question I wish Long had asked him was how big is he now and how big does he want to be at start of training camp

3. The guy just turned 23, so he does have the ability to grow into his body if he is eating correctly and lifting to put on weight

4. Bottom line I am not expecting anything out of him but I do hope the he makes this team and does make some sort of contribution, because we need all the contributions we can get

Everyone wants to say year 3 he will break out like stevie. I have to disagree because when Stevie did play in his first two years he showed glimpses. Maybin has two plays that make you notice him. The holding call he drew and the time he destroyed that running back on screen and threw him like a rag doll for a no gainer. He showed good speed, fluid hips, and change of direction on that play. Other than that he has looked lost. Which, as he said in his own words could be from learning the scheme.

In closing I would be very careful writing players off or putting all your eggs in their basket at this point with this team. We are really young and have not done anything yet.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Maybin pretty much has to know he has screwed up his pro career so far, so he has to be pretty brave to even do an interview. I think Terry asked about as tough a question as he could reasonably be expected to ask when he quoted Gailey's assessment of Maybin and asked him to respond. If you're a no name journalist trying to build your resume, you're pretty much toast if you start ripping on the guys you manage to get as interviews. You'll earn a negative reputation among sports figures and then nobody will talk to you.
                              Nice job, Terry.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X