PDA

View Full Version : No 2011 Season?

james6253
05-20-2011, 10:07 AM
I'd hate to think there will be no football in 2011. This lack of free agency is seriously annoying already .

Is it only me, or does it seem like no one cares about the fans. The media seems to cover the players and the owners. It's always owners this, players that. What about the fans?

If not for us, their business would not exist. We all know this but still we, the fans, have no voice in this situation. I'm sick and tired of this. Fans should voice their opinion and prove that it's our dollars that fuel this sport. Maybe someone will listen then. I found this simple way to do it online http://www.fanswantfootball.org

It's interesting what fans of other teams and fans of football in general have to say. Anyway, I hope they can fix this situation soon.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-20-2011, 10:28 AM
We a should all hope for the best but plan for the worst No football can very well happen seeing how money is the root of ALL evil

better days
05-20-2011, 11:08 AM
I want the season to start as much if not more than anyone because I don't know how many more seasons I have left in me.

That said, I would rather lose the entire season than see a short term fix & we have to go through this again in a couple years or have the agreement be bad for the game so the NFL becomes like MLB or the NBA.

If there is no season, I will watch NCAA Football & the NHL.

Extremebillsfan247
05-20-2011, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't worry too much other than suffering from a mild state of boredom while we wait, A deal will get done even if in a temporary state. The NFL, and NFLPA are well aware of the risk involved here. Once both sides start feeling the pinch of losing money, they will definitely move quickly to get something done. No football in 2011 would cost both sides potentially hundreds of millions. I doubt any side is willing to risk that much money being lost for only a minor gain on the ground of negotiation. In a worst case scenario, a temporary fix will be put in place to kick the can down the road, and we do this all over again in 2012. That's my opinion and where I see this heading.

OpIv37
05-20-2011, 11:23 AM
News flash: the NFL doesn't give two ****s about the average fan.

They create a "Fan Code of Conduct" and crack down on tailgate parties to create a "family friendly" environment, then make the cost of the game so high that people can't afford to take their families.

They have the "flex scheduling" policy, which helps ensure that NBC gets a good game for the national TV audience, but it's at the expense of die-hard fans who want to attend the games (especially for those who have to travel long distances).

Unfortunately, the bulk of the NFL's money no longer comes from fans who buy merch and attend 1 or 2 games a year, or even fans who buy season tix. It comes from corporate luxury boxes and TV contracts. The NFL stopped caring about the average fan a while ago. And while this situation took years to develop, I blame Roger Goodell for accelerating it.

I love watching football and I love the Bills, but the blatant greed and disrespect for the average fan is pushing me away from the NFL.

justasportsfan
05-20-2011, 11:27 AM
We a should all hope for the best but plan for the worst No football can very well happen seeing how money is the root of ALL evil
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with

OpIv37
05-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with

or, another way to say it:

Money can't buy happiness, but not having money can sure make one miserable.

mjt328
05-20-2011, 12:32 PM
I think there will be a 2011. But I'm thinking 12-14 games instead of the full set.
I've been saying since last year that the lockout was going to stretch into the season. Nobody believes me. I think they underestimate the greed of those involved.

Unless the courts start making all the decisions (which could completely screw up the NFL), the owners will continue to have all the leverage in this thing. They are prepared for no season, and they will gladly go for that over giving into the players demands.

The players are dumb as rocks and are basically fighting on principle. But after missing a couple paychecks, they are eventually going to run out of money and will have to come crawling back to the table.

The last buffalo fan
05-20-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm paying $95 bucks for this season, so it better happens!

alohabillsfan
05-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I can fill the void rather easily, I would be happy if the owners could say " 2011 is officially CANX" we invite the players to accept this generous offer to play in 2012.

Jeff1220
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
If there's no football, life goes on. The fall is busy enough time of year as it is. Sure I'd sorely miss it, and still come on BZ to talk about it, but there are plenty of other things to fill my life if there's no football.

Novacane
05-20-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't think it would be a bad thing for both sides to see the fans can survive and life will go on if they don't play.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
just so you know the quote "money is the root of all evil" is a complet MISquote...
the actual quote is biblical and states that it is THE LOVE of money that is the root of evil.... money intself is not evil...I use it all the time for allot of good things.... it is the wanton desire for more and more money that is the root of evil.

:)

Ingtar33
05-20-2011, 11:11 PM
it's looking like there will be no training camp or preseason at least.

but then i predicted this last fall... there is no way both sides seriously talk to eachother until we're about 2-4 weeks out from the start of the season.

Michael82
05-21-2011, 01:00 AM
This is going to be a crappy summer. I'm going to miss training camp. But I feel that there still will be a full season.

Billz_fan
05-21-2011, 01:04 AM
How many here lived through the previous NFL strikes ?? I have been through all of them and yes, life goes on and we will survive. I was perfectly happy watching college ball and the year they brought in replacement players I never watched a game. I/we fans were pissed. We wanted them to play but after a few weeks everyone realised that we all weren't going to die and just said "F" em by the time they came back it took the fans a few weeks to come back.

The players will be the first to break ranks in any sustained stoppage. Most of the players are a few paychecks away from trouble just like any of us.

I personally would laugh if they ruined the season. They need us more than we need them. It may not feel like it but it's true. We will go on and most of us will actually save some money that would have been spent on football. The players will loose loads of paycheck money and the owners.........well they loose even more. They are just better equipt to wait it out.

ZEUS
05-21-2011, 05:07 AM
I live in Florida. Usually I'm fishing on Sunday mornings in the fall/winter. I always get off the water in time to watch the games. Most of the time I wish I had stayed out. I'm originally from Rochester and have been a Bills fan for a very long time, but I'm really getting tired of hearing the team is moving. Bad drafts. Bad free agent signings (T.O.) etc. Now the whole NFL labor dispute. The only thing that gives me hope was this past draft. It seems these guys are serious about putting out a winning team. If they wasted their 1st round pick on a QB I would have been done with them. I won't be heart broken if there is no season. I'll put the $300.00 for the Sunday Ticket torwards fishing gear, bait, and beer.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-21-2011, 06:07 AM
LOL Zeus... Im from Florida and now live in Rochester.... Im your opposite LOL

Night Train
05-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Let's see what happens on June 3rd with the court rulings before declaring last rites on the NFL.

This just in. It's MAY and opening wekend is the 2nd weekend in Sept.

alohabillsfan
05-21-2011, 10:18 AM
HA, Rochester to Jax here!

TigerJ
05-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I would not say owners and players don't care about fans, but it's well down on the list of priorities for both owners and players, except they know if they think about it fans are where their money ultimately originate.

YardRat
05-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I hope they bring in scab players again if the impasse reaches the regular season. It was actually a little entertaining the last time.