PDA

View Full Version : My take on the lockout

T-Long
05-20-2011, 05:12 PM
When is enough, enough?

Football fans across the world are growing sick and tired, watching billionaires argue with millionaires over an astronomical amount ranging near $9 billion.

Ever since the players decertified from the union and thus the owners implemented the current lockout, there has not been much movement since. Sure, Judge Susan Nelson did rule that the lockout be lifted, but what did that solve? Nothing. The players got let into the facility for a whole day and then were locked back out when the NFL appealed to the Eighth Circuit court, who then put a temporary stay on the whole mess.

Full story (http://thefanhub.com/1227/1181/elsewhere/nfl/nfl-lockout-enough-is-enough.html)

Extremebillsfan247
05-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Full story (http://thefanhub.com/1227/1181/elsewhere/nfl/nfl-lockout-enough-is-enough.html)
Here is something some people don't realize about this lockout. Next years draft is in very real jeopardy of not being a draft at all. The only way now to be sure that there is a draft in 2012 is if a new CBA is implemented before the 2011 season is wiped out. No season means no draft. if the NFLPA gets what they want by getting the lockout lifted, it does almost the same thing because then your talking about Millions of dollars in anti trust lawsuits against the NFL by the players if the 2012 draft happens. That means next years entire draft class could end up in an undrafted free agent pool free to sign with who ever they want to sign with.

Night Train
05-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Good piece.

My take = This lockout sucks.

alohabillsfan
05-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Ehh, I hope the owners dont screw up again... wait them out, it will not take long...

psubills62
05-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Here is something some people don't realize about this lockout. Next years draft is in very real jeopardy of not being a draft at all. The only way now to be sure that there is a draft in 2012 is if a new CBA is implemented before the 2011 season is wiped out. No season means no draft. if the NFLPA gets what they want by getting the lockout lifted, it does almost the same thing because then your talking about Millions of dollars in anti trust lawsuits against the NFL by the players if the 2012 draft happens. That means next years entire draft class could end up in an undrafted free agent pool free to sign with who ever they want to sign with.
Long way to go yet. I'd be downright shocked if there was no season at all. Neither the NFL nor the players are taking this seriously, but they will when September and October roll around and suddenly missing games is a reality.

delectrolux
05-21-2011, 08:41 AM
The owners and the players both want a season next year, BUT they are both willing to cancel it for what they see as their own greater good. Any hockey fan can tell you it CAN happen. The NHL lost a season in a sport where the fan base is smaller, the salaries are smaller and the revenues are lower, and everybody survived. Why wouldn't the NFL look to that lost season as an example that not only will the fans be back, but all will be forgiven after the first kickoff?