PDA

View Full Version : Biscuit Speaks Out re:Lock-Out

YardRat
05-22-2011, 06:49 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial-page/from-our-readers/another-voice/article429264.ece

For much of my NFL career, I played for the Buffalo Bills. I was a part of some teams that experienced great success—we played in four consecutive Super Bowls, in fact. We had a special group of men in that locker room during those years, men whom I still call friends and teammates to this day.

Anyone who has worn a Bills uniform, particularly those of us fortunate to be a part of the franchise’s glory years, knows what the Bills mean to the City of Buffalo and all of Western New York. It is a proud franchise with a fervent fan base.

I still enjoy interacting with Bills fans who remember our Super Bowl seasons, which reminds me how important the team is to Buffalo.

That’s why, as a former player and a fan of the game, I am concerned about the team’s future and the state of the NFL.

trapezeus
05-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Now the players play to the fans heartstrings. Solid pr move. Still annoyed that both sides have decided to use the relocation angle to gather buffalo fan interest.

better days
05-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Now the players play to the fans heartstrings. Solid pr move. Still annoyed that both sides have decided to use the relocation angle to gather buffalo fan interest.

I agree with you. Owners & players both are concerned about their own interests, not that of the fans of the game.

That said, I think small market teams will have a harder time being competitive & staying where they are if the players win this war.

trapezeus
05-22-2011, 01:59 PM
the players can win without the owners having to take away revenue sharing and salary caps. Players are asking to stay at the same level salary wise. the growth of the nfl is expected to get to $20Bn in the next 5 years. plenty of money for everyone.

buffalo will continue to have a team if the NFL knows what's good for them. you need to have a couple cities where the game means everything. that helps get the tv contracts. you have a bunch of big market teams that suck, guess what happens to the fans. they disappear. there are other things to go for for their dollar.

KC, Buffalo, Greenbay, DEtroit, etc, these towns make the nfl what it is.

i've made peace with the team leaving. if it happens, i really hope the nfl gets what it deserves.

feldspar
05-23-2011, 12:05 PM
I love Biscuit, but this is definitely a biased take on it.

Yeah, the owners imposed the lockout, but the players forced it, and they did it deliberately. The lockout was imposed after the players walked away from the bargaining table, decertified, and filed an anti-trust lawsuit. The players are not innocent in this. The two sides can't come to terms, and I don't agree that it's all the owners' fault.

mjt328
05-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Both sides are partially at fault for this mess.
And both sides have good points in their arguments.

Now what we need is some give-and-take, for the good of the game.

tat2dmike77
05-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Ray Lewis get's it. I saw his interview with Sal P on ESPN he said everyone on both sides needs to set aside thier ego's and settle this.

This is a trickle down affect all the way down to bartenders in smalltown USA who make more tips on Sundays during football season.

If the Buffalo team were to move i am fine with it. Yes i will be livid but the NFL will lose me as a fan the NHL and NCAA are enough to entertaine me during the winter months.