PDA

View Full Version : REAL free agent seen in Buffalo.

Oaf
05-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Sorry if this was already posted.
:couch:

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills-players-begin-lockout-workouts

Losman joined the Bills players for one of their recent UOTAs. Means nothing, just interesting.. Wonder what the players thought of him.

mikemac2001
05-22-2011, 09:16 PM
No hate toward Jp
Good guy tried hard didn't work out

I don't think many qbs would succeed in that situation

ublinkwescore
05-22-2011, 10:15 PM
In all honesty people, what if Losman's demise was just crappy coaching by Dick Moron and co.? is there no one interested in seeing if maybe Gailey can make something of him? what could it possibly hurt for vet minimum?

Don't Panic
05-23-2011, 03:54 AM
I'll say this... I think JP has a better chance of sustaining his career than Trent Edwards does.

Jan Reimers
05-23-2011, 04:42 AM
He would be a better backup to Fitz than anyone we currently have on the roster.

Mr. Miyagi
05-23-2011, 05:29 AM
I move to vote for the return of JP as a backup.

Unlike Jauron, Gailey would know what to do with him.

TMu11
05-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Id take him back.

He's got that mobility Chan loves to use

YardRat
05-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Interesting how the number of players expected to attend went from 30+ to 25. Wonder how many will actually show up.

X-Era
05-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Get a real backup and then I'm good with JP if he signs to the vet minimum.

acehole
05-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Blasphomy!

lol.

I'll say this... I think JP has a better chance of sustaining his career than Trent Edwards does.

scartown
05-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Interesting how the number of players expected to attend went from 30+ to 25. Wonder how many will actually show up.

Paul Hamilton from WGR says there's about 33 guys out there today. He also said Maybin looks like he's lost weight and looks like a WR now. This infos from tweets by @JoeB_WGR.

trapezeus
05-23-2011, 10:34 AM
yay, the worst QB in the last 10 years came back to clean up some more streets.

X-Era
05-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Paul Hamilton from WGR says there's about 33 guys out there today. He also said Maybin looks like he's lost weight and looks like a WR now. This infos from tweets by @JoeB_WGR.That's great. Maybin's issue always was that he was too heavy.

Can you cut a player during a lockout?

X-Era
05-23-2011, 11:51 AM
yay, the worst QB in the last 10 years came back to clean up some more streets.I wonder if his voice has finally changed yet.

trapezeus
05-23-2011, 11:52 AM
hopefully maybin is living a very modest lifestyle. losing weight doesn't sound like he's long for the bills training camp whenever it starts.

X-Era
05-23-2011, 11:57 AM
hopefully maybin is living a very modest lifestyle. losing weight doesn't sound like he's long for the bills training camp whenever it starts.He's got one shot left at this point and it's if he never has his hand in the dirt.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Have you seen Brian Brohm play?

trapezeus
05-23-2011, 01:18 PM
brian brohm wasn't drafted in the 1st round and gave away two high picks to get him.

Brian brohm was never supposed to get it and didn't have a body of work as pathetic as losman's. losman's best year was a bad year where he seemed like he was kind of getting it. he didn't.

maybe a different coaching staff could have dones something different with him. but his inaccurate short passes and inability to ever grasp what the defense was giving him didn't make me find his long ball impressive. it was sad that he had all the skill and couldn't put it together.

Philagape
05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
He finally found a defense he can read!

Johnny Bugmenot
05-23-2011, 01:57 PM
brian brohm wasn't drafted in the 1st round and gave away two high picks to get him.

Brian brohm was never supposed to get it and didn't have a body of work as pathetic as losman's. losman's best year was a bad year where he seemed like he was kind of getting it. he didn't.

maybe a different coaching staff could have dones something different with him. but his inaccurate short passes and inability to ever grasp what the defense was giving him didn't make me find his long ball impressive. it was sad that he had all the skill and couldn't put it together.
My point is this: there's a difference between the biggest bust and the worst. At least JP could throw a touchdown pass every now and then.

justasportsfan
05-23-2011, 02:22 PM

Trent was worse. Sorry.

mikemac2001
05-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Trent was the worst. Sorry.

ya i have never been so upset to watch the bills play.......trent and DJ made the games non-entertaining

justasportsfan
05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
ya i have never been so upset to watch the bills play.......trent and DJ made the games non-entertaining

Trent made Rob Johnson look decent.

naugem
05-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Trent was the worse. Sorry.

Yep, at least Losman looked like he was trying to do something.

mjt328
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Yep, at least Losman looked like he was trying to do something.

Agreed.

Losman usually had me shaking my head in disappointment. Edwards had me screaming at the television in anger.
How could a guy be in the NFL who was scared to throw anything beyond 5 yards?

acehole
05-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I dont think trend ever made 11th best passer or close to it....the jury was out and now in JP lossman was the better qb of the two.

But that isn't saying a whole lot.

I will add JP lossman has what Gailey likes in a qb btw.

Hmm...I cant imagine what will happen if the front office takes a flyer on him.....

Would be hell to pay on this board for the Trent Edwards fan club members here.

Who was that kid who compared Edwards to Joe Montanna?

Funny how they scurried away when reality set in.

Trent was the worse. Sorry.

ServoBillieves
05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
It really makes me upset that I think that having JP back is a good idea. He did try his hardest, he did have a cannon arm, and when he wanted to he was accurate...

I'll toss my hat in the "I would take JP back at vet minimum as a backup to Fitzy" ring

acehole
05-23-2011, 05:13 PM
It really makes me upset that I think that having JP back is a good idea. He did try his hardest, he did have a cannon arm, and when he wanted to he was accurate...

I'll toss my hat in the "I would take JP back at vet minimum as a backup to Fitzy" ring

and you call me sad?

Sheesh.

Oaf
05-23-2011, 05:23 PM
IDK, Trent and JP both had their moments (2008, 2006 respectively). That said, I saw Fitz make throws last year that neither could have hoped to make.

justasportsfan
05-23-2011, 05:43 PM

until gailey signs JP, I wouldn't go that far

justasportsfan
05-23-2011, 05:44 PM
IDK, Trent and JP both had their moments (2008, 2006 respectively). That said, I saw Fitz make throws last year that neither could have hoped to make.

Fitz has what JP doesn't.Smart football brain.

Crisis
05-23-2011, 07:37 PM
are things so bad that we're clamoring over JP LOSMAN again?

wow

Patti120
05-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Somehow I read this entire post w/out throwing up in my mouth. Uh oh, I'm now throwing up in my mouth!

better days
05-23-2011, 09:14 PM

GREAT Post.

Spiderweb
05-25-2011, 04:22 PM

To this I would have to disagree. Losman was basically no less accurate than the wildly erratic Fitz. JP had by far the superior arm strength and velocity on his throws. In short, physically JP has it all over Fitz.

What JP fails with is his decisions as he seemed incapable of making one far too often. His pocket "presence" was deplorable and by 2008 what ever progress he had shown in 2006, was nothing but a distant memory.

Fitz has far superior "intangibles". Now if we could just get Fitz consistently accurate, we could end all QB conversations for a while.

casdhf
05-25-2011, 04:46 PM
JP lost me after that Jets play.

wozrob11
05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
One thing about losman's first round pick.Was it just atlanta that saw something in matt schaub ? or was it commen knowledge because wow he was taken in the third round and well...... just imagine if!!!!! hindsight is 20/20

djjimkelly
05-25-2011, 08:31 PM

worst qb of the last 10 years he has the best one season record in the last 10 years

i just love the haters

jauron was a fool with our qb situation

BillsFever21
05-25-2011, 09:41 PM

JP wasn't good but he was better then Trent Edwards for us. JP had a decent season when he had 20+ TD's between passing and running and showed some promise. It's not like he was the sole reason we were losing games. We went from around a .500 team with him to a 4 or 5 win team with Edwards.

Edwards was injured as much as he was healthy and couldn't even barely break double digits on TD's. He showed some early promise for 4 games and then went downhill from there after yet ANOTHER injury. After that point he only won a few more games as a starter. He was completely awful. He didn't even give us a chance to win.

I have no ill feelings towards JP. He tried and played hard. It's not like he was drafted and just didn't care. He just didn't improve on his encouraging season. It didn't help the following season they drafted Trent and put him in there thinking he was the savior though. JP should have had at least that next year. Edwards was even worse in his career with Buffalo.

I'd take him back on the roster as a backup.

BillsFever21
05-25-2011, 09:46 PM
I dont think trend ever made 11th best passer or close to it....the jury was out and now in JP lossman was the better qb of the two.

But that isn't saying a whole lot.

Hmm...I cant imagine what will happen if the front office takes a flyer on him.....

Would be hell to pay on this board for the Trent Edwards fan club members here.

Who was that kid who compared Edwards to Joe Montanna?

Funny how they scurried away when reality set in.

Who knows who compared him to Joe Montana. There were many on here who thought he was the steal of the draft just because Marv drafted him and were both from an IVY league school and because Walsh said in a comment before that he thought he had potential.

Edwards was the most gutless and scared QB I've ever seen play on a regular basis. He was afraid to play the game and was worried about even attempting throws down the field or in the middle of the field. It was nothing but dink and dunks. Even on 3rd and 10 when we had to have a 1st down he would try a 3 yard dump off that didn't have any chance of making the 1st down.

Philagape
05-25-2011, 10:24 PM
When they were both at their best, Trent was better.

It's no coincidence that in 2008, they went 0-4 in every game JPUFL stepped on the field, and 7-5 when he didn't.

better days
05-25-2011, 10:49 PM
When they were both at their best, Trent was better.

It's no coincidence that in 2008, they went 0-4 in every game JPUFL stepped on the field, and 7-5 when he didn't.

When they were at their best, JP was better. He had the best year between the two of them.

Philagape
05-25-2011, 11:02 PM
When they were at their best, JP was better. He had the best year between the two of them.

By what measure? Rating? No. Record? No. Offensive points? No.

justasportsfan
05-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Trent was a better play not to lose qb under Dick .

Crisis
05-26-2011, 03:07 AM
if edwards didn't get killed during the arizona game, there would be no comparison.

it's obvious that play killed any confidence trent had.

Thief
05-26-2011, 06:06 AM
By what measure? Rating? No. Record? No. Offensive points? No.OMG, give it up. They both sucked, but Edwards definately sucked more. Admit and move on.

:surf:

better days
05-26-2011, 08:40 AM
By what measure? Rating? No. Record? No. Offensive points? No.

In 2006, JP had two 300 yd games. Trent has never had one in his life. Losman also threw 19 TD's that year, more than Edwards ever has. Losman had an 84.9 QB rating that year & has a 75.6 QB rating for his career. Trent's QB rating for his career is 75.4

wmoz11
05-26-2011, 08:46 AM
The frustrating thing about Trent is that he had all the potential and talent in the world, at one time. He had size, good arm, smarts, confidence, etc.

He could never put it together because he lost his balls and confidence. And that just made everything else that he had insignificant.

JP was limited by his brain and accuracy.

justasportsfan
05-26-2011, 09:04 AM
In 2006, JP had two 300 yd games. Trent has never had one in his life. Losman also threw 19 TD's that year, more than Edwards ever has. Losman had an 84.9 QB rating that year & has a 75.6 QB rating for his career. Trent's QB rating for his career is 75.4

lets not forget it's easier to rack up qb stats when you're dinking and dunking. Look at the most acurate qb in bills history. Rob Johnson.

better days
05-26-2011, 09:17 AM
if edwards didn't get killed during the arizona game, there would be no comparison.

People like to use that as an excuse for Trent, but the fact is his best game came right after the Arizona game.

Early in his career teams had little film & no book on Trent, that is when he played his best. After teams started to get film of Trent's play & learned how to defend him is when his play started to suffer.

djjimkelly
05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
i think in the end jauron put such a leash on JP it ruined what he was supposed to be.

JP was supposed to be big ben light make plays on the run improvise and so on.

fairchild and jauron cut jps balls off after JPs one solid year as the starter

evans was never better then with JP

the running game was better under JP that 0-4 year JP played the pats twice and 2 other power houses he also won the jets game for trent.

separate hatred gentlemen there really was no comparison jauron ****ed up no the bills organization ****ed up by bringing in levy and jauron the JP saga was supposed to play put much differently.

Bill Cody
05-26-2011, 11:47 AM
i think in the end jauron put such a leash on JP it ruined what he was supposed to be.

JP was supposed to be big ben light make plays on the run improvise and so on.

fairchild and jauron cut jps balls off after JPs one solid year as the starter

evans was never better then with JP

the running game was better under JP that 0-4 year JP played the pats twice and 2 other power houses he also won the jets game for trent.

separate hatred gentlemen there really was no comparison jauron ****ed up no the bills organization ****ed up by bringing in levy and jauron the JP saga was supposed to play put much differently.

once a licker always a licker

Bill Cody
05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
BTW Matt Moore will likely be available from Carolina. I'd feel a lot better with him as a backup than Just Punt.

Extremebillsfan247
05-26-2011, 02:47 PM
I like JP, he's a cool dude off the field. But on the field, he has his share of problems. His window of opportunity in this league has all but closed on him. He is currently at the point in his career where he knows where ever he goes, he will be lucky to make some teams. Buffalo will be no exception. His days of leading a team anywhere are over.

Even as a backup at this point is questionable. Would you really trust this team in his hands should Fitz go down to injury? I'm not sure I would. Although it is true that some veteran presence would help on this team to fill a role as a backup, taking JP Losman on would be a step backward and not forward. JMO

better days
05-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I like JP, he's a cool dude off the field. But on the field, he has his share of problems. His window of opportunity in this league has all but closed on him. He is currently at the point in his career where he knows where ever he goes, he will be lucky to make some teams. Buffalo will be no exception. His days of leading a team anywhere are over.

Even as a backup at this point is questionable. Would you really trust this team in his hands should Fitz go down to injury? I'm not sure I would. Although it is true that some veteran presence would help on this team to fill a role as a backup, taking JP Losman on would be a step backward and not forward. JMO

JP & Trent should just battle it out in the UFL where they both belong. Now that would give us something to watch with the NFL on Hiatus.

justasportsfan
05-26-2011, 03:17 PM
JP & Trent should just battle it out in the UFL where they both belong. Now that would give us something to watch with the NFL on Hiatus.

do you think someone in the UFL would take Trent?

better days
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
do you think someone in the UFL would take Trent?

Good point.

BillsFever21
05-26-2011, 07:06 PM

That's because he was a gutless pussy at playing the QB position. Many QB's take big hits and suffer a concussion and/or injury. The mentally tough ones come back from it and excel. The weak ones don't like Edwards.

Look at Aaron Rodgers. Dude has had a few concussions and even having one last season he came back a couple weeks later when the team needed him in a win out or miss the playoffs type scenario. He won them their last few games and took them on to a SB victory and played some of the best football of his career.

Trent was just gutless. He was gutless before the Arizona game and he was even more gutless after that injury. Even before that game he was afraid to throw the ball down the field or into tight spaces. The only types of passes he would attempt were 3 yards passes or maybe a 10+ yard pass if the guy was wide open.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-26-2011, 08:36 PM
That's because he was a gutless pussy at playing the QB position. Many QB's take big hits and suffer a concussion and/or injury. The mentally tough ones come back from it and excel. The weak ones don't like Edwards. Yes, because there is no lingering physical damage from a concussion. Ever. It's all mental, and anyone who suffers brain damage from a concussion is just a pussy.

In essence, that's what you're conveying here, and it's incredibly ignorant.

It is entirely plausible that either 1) the injuries Rodgers sustained were far more minor, and/or 2) Rodgers is more physically resistant to concussion-related brain damage than Edwards is.

Concussions are serious injuries, and not all people heal from them the same way, if at all. To dismiss it as being a pussy, as you put it, is downright offensive to those who have had to deal with concussions.

BillsFever21
05-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Yes, because there is no lingering physical damage from a concussion. Ever. It's all mental, and anyone who suffers brain damage from a concussion is just a pussy.

In essence, that's what you're conveying here, and it's incredibly ignorant.

It is entirely plausible that either 1) the injuries Rodgers sustained were far more minor, and/or 2) Rodgers is more physically resistant to concussion-related brain damage than Edwards is.

Concussions are serious injuries, and not all people heal from them the same way, if at all. To dismiss it as being a pussy, as you put it, is downright offensive to those who have had to deal with concussions.

Many QB's and players have had multiple or serious concussions and able to come back from them. He either wasn't tough enough or didn't have the determination and to come back from it.

The concussion wasn't what ruined him to begin with. He was horrible and played scared before that concussion. That's just an excuse for some who thought he was the real deal. Whether he had the concussion or not he would've never amounted to anything.

He was just an injury prone QB that also couldn't play through injuries. Not just while he was in the NFL but dating back to college. He NEVER finished an entire season in college or the NFL without missing games due to injury. The concussion from the Arizona game was just another of his mounting injures. He just wasn't tough enough to play the game.

CleveSteve
05-27-2011, 03:29 PM
One thing about losman's first round pick.Was it just atlanta that saw something in matt schaub ? or was it commen knowledge because wow he was taken in the third round and well...... just imagine if!!!!! hindsight is 20/20

SI said "late fifth round," "third stringer," "lacks a big-league arm."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/47945.html

NFLDraftScout said 3rd-4th round (where he was selected)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58687&draftyear=2004&genpos=QB

Scott Wright's Draft Countdown had Schaub listed as the 72nd prospect in the draft. 5th QB (Losman 4th QB, 55th overall).

http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2004/2004-Top-Overall.php

better days
05-27-2011, 05:35 PM
SI said "late fifth round," "third stringer," "lacks a big-league arm."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/47945.html

NFLDraftScout said 3rd-4th round (where he was selected)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58687&draftyear=2004&genpos=QB

Scott Wright's Draft Countdown had Schaub listed as the 72nd prospect in the draft. 5th QB (Losman 4th QB, 55th overall).

http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2004/2004-Top-Overall.php

Well, Schaub will soon be 30 years old. I put him in the same category as Romo. Guys that are overrated & have not really done anything.

Extremebillsfan247
05-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Many QB's and players have had multiple or serious concussions and able to come back from them. He either wasn't tough enough or didn't have the determination and to come back from it.

The concussion wasn't what ruined him to begin with. He was horrible and played scared before that concussion. That's just an excuse for some who thought he was the real deal. Whether he had the concussion or not he would've never amounted to anything.

He was just an injury prone QB that also couldn't play through injuries. Not just while he was in the NFL but dating back to college. He NEVER finished an entire season in college or the NFL without missing games due to injury. The concussion from the Arizona game was just another of his mounting injures. He just wasn't tough enough to play the game.
Are you trying to say there is nothing wrong with concussions? that you have to be a tough guy to come back from them? I think Muhammad Ali would have disagreed with that. Concussions are what caused his degenerative state also known as Parkinsons disease. Concussions are nothing to joke about. They can cause serious life long irreversible damage to the brain and sometimes death. Concussions are also known for causing things like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. That's just what doctors currently know about. Depending on the severity of the concussion, they can be pretty devastating events. It has nothing to do with how tough you are. I can guarantee you that.

SABURZFAN
06-21-2011, 05:47 PM
are things so bad that we're clamoring over JP LOSMAN again?

wow

the Lickers can't let their hero go.