PDA

View Full Version : Johnny White 5th rd pick out of UNC...reminds me alot of T.Henry

bigbub2352
05-22-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFjO_tPQG0

very similar running styles

hopefully will compliment spiller and jackson

YardRat
05-23-2011, 05:19 AM
How many kids does he have?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-23-2011, 10:58 AM
he actually reminds me of trent richardson from alabama

Jaybird
05-23-2011, 11:01 AM
seems to have more speed then henry, and better receiver out of the backfield

PromoTheRobot
05-23-2011, 11:05 AM
These videos are fun but just remember this is college. 99% of the guys on defense will be selling insurance and not playing pro ball.

PTR

OpIv37
05-23-2011, 11:11 AM
He reminds you of Travis Henry? Someone please give the dude a case of condoms.

Or, better yet, a vasectomy.

Bill Cody
05-23-2011, 02:43 PM
I wish noone brought T Hen up, I hate even hearing his name. He played like a warrior for several years but I rmember him now mostly as a guy that quit on the team, was as dumb as a stump and cared more about weed than football. And also as a guy with zero morals. So let's hope Johnny White isn't another T Hen.

OpIv37
05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
I wish noone brought T Hen up, I hate even hearing his name. He played like a warrior for several years but I rmember him now mostly as a guy that quit on the team, was as dumb as a stump and cared more about weed than football. And also as a guy with zero morals. So let's hope Johnny White isn't another T Hen.

do you blame him for quitting on the team? They friggin drafted gimp-kneed McGahee to sit on the bench for a year after Henry was coming off of back-to-back 1300+ yard seasons where he averaged over 4 ypc. And this was behind a **** OL on a pass-happy Kevin Gilbride offense.

I won't defend his drug use or careless womanizing, but I can't blame him for quitting on the team when the team treated him like that.

mysticsoto
05-23-2011, 03:54 PM
do you blame him for quitting on the team? They friggin drafted gimp-kneed McGahee to sit on the bench for a year after Henry was coming off of back-to-back 1300+ yard seasons where he averaged over 4 ypc. And this was behind a **** OL on a pass-happy Kevin Gilbride offense.

I won't defend his drug use or careless womanizing, but I can't blame him for quitting on the team when the team treated him like that.

Agreed. McGahee was a total waste of a pick not only for that yr since he was clearly not going to contribute, but for years to come!!!

mjt328
05-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him ahead of Spiller on the depth chart in a year or two.

Bill Cody
05-23-2011, 04:40 PM

I'm truly surprised you would say this. I think Henry had a right to be disapointed in the McGahee pick in some ways but absolutely positively no way does that give him a pass to quit. These guys are pros, they get paid to do a job. The idea that because a team drafts another player at your position you get a pass to quit is outrageous. The only correct response was to play as hard as he could- either he shows he deserves to stay as the starter or he gets moved to another team, either way he gets paid a lot more than by quitting.

Now I'm not defending the McGahee pick, I wanted Eric Steinbach in that slot, but I will say this- I know why Donahoe wanted an upgrade at half back. 1) T Hen had already failed one drug test 2) The team was aware of T Hen's "fertility" 3) T Hen was a poor receiver 4) T Hen although a productive runner, was not a "home run threat" and defenses did not respect his ability to break a long one. McGahee was thought to be an upgrade in all those areas. Turns out he was nearly as dumb as T Hen and not a good choice. But the fact is if McGahee had started from game 1 in 2002 we make the playoffs easily- T Hen going through the motions AS THE STARTER in the first 5 games got us off to a 1-5 start, that's just a fact.

acehole
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Why do all of the guys we seem to pick at running back look like the Morlocks, from time machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXFjO_tPQG0

very similar running styles

hopefully will compliment spiller and jackson

NOT THE DUDE...
05-23-2011, 06:21 PM
i cant blame donahoe on the mcgahee pick. the dude was a freak before he hurt his knee. he was 226lbs and ran a 4.28 at miami. he also benched 400lbs and squated 515. he was a monster. he was not even close to the same player after the knee injury. his speed was unreal and then it was gone. kinda sad...

YardRat
05-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Nobody gets a pass for quitting, unless the circumstances are health or family related.

Slim
05-23-2011, 07:35 PM

My brother and Travis used to be very close friends, and are still friends to this day. And i totally disagree with the sentiment that Travis quit on the Bills. Travis was one of the most humble, generous Bills players I have met over the last decade. Obviously the problem with Travis was he suffered lapses in judgment all the time. That being said Travis fights depression very bad, and always has. And one thing Travis would turn to when he was depressed was weed, which was a horrible mistake. It's unfortunate though that Travis is dumped upon by a lot of Bills fans when probably the most popular Bill's player of all time (Jimbo) had a hard time keeping his nose clean in his early years in Buffalo, same thing goes for Marino in MIA.
As far as the kids goes, Travis isn't the only professional athlete who fathers numerous children with different woman. Although Travis has a stupid amount of kids. Luckily, as far as I still know, he's married and not planning on having any more kids.
While Travis was in Buffalo he truly was a warrior, the man played a whole season on a broken leg and got rewarded by the Bills takes Willis in the first round. And after that the coaching staff and front office pushed Buffalo out of Buffalo so they could please the crowd favorite (Willis).

OpIv37
05-23-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm truly surprised you would say this. I think Henry had a right to be disapointed in the McGahee pick in some ways but absolutely positively no way does that give him a pass to quit. These guys are pros, they get paid to do a job. The idea that because a team drafts another player at your position you get a pass to quit is outrageous. The only correct response was to play as hard as he could- either he shows he deserves to stay as the starter or he gets moved to another team, either way he gets paid a lot more than by quitting.

Now I'm not defending the McGahee pick, I wanted Eric Steinbach in that slot, but I will say this- I know why Donahoe wanted an upgrade at half back. 1) T Hen had already failed one drug test 2) The team was aware of T Hen's "fertility" 3) T Hen was a poor receiver 4) T Hen although a productive runner, was not a "home run threat" and defenses did not respect his ability to break a long one. McGahee was thought to be an upgrade in all those areas. Turns out he was nearly as dumb as T Hen and not a good choice. But the fact is if McGahee had started from game 1 in 2002 we make the playoffs easily- T Hen going through the motions AS THE STARTER in the first 5 games got us off to a 1-5 start, that's just a fact.

wtf are you talking about? we started 2002 5-3. And the reason for the 3 losses was because the D was ridiculously bad. Our O was putting up record numbers.

Anyway, the problem with the team was the OL. They brought in a statuesque QB in Bledsoe and had Henry but NEVER gave them the support they needed in the run game. On top of that, they had Gilbride calling passes on 3rd and 1, and then they drafted McGahee.

They gave Henry no support. If it was just drafting McGahee, I'd agree with you that he should have been more professional. But this was the final straw. Why should Henry play his ass off when it's clear that the team had no intention of supporting him?

bigbub2352
05-23-2011, 10:22 PM
just said running style boys and girls...

Bill Cody
05-24-2011, 09:59 AM
wtf are you talking about? we started 2002 5-3. And the reason for the 3 losses was because the D was ridiculously bad. Our O was putting up record numbers.

Anyway, the problem with the team was the OL. They brought in a statuesque QB in Bledsoe and had Henry but NEVER gave them the support they needed in the run game. On top of that, they had Gilbride calling passes on 3rd and 1, and then they drafted McGahee.

They gave Henry no support. If it was just drafting McGahee, I'd agree with you that he should have been more professional. But this was the final straw. Why should Henry play his ass off when it's clear that the team had no intention of supporting him?

I meant 2004, McGahee sat out 2003. And I already said I wanted OL instead of McGahee. Let's not debate stuff we agree on we're talking about Henry. My main point stands and I am truly surprised at your take: Henry did not act the part of a pro making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to play a kids game.

Drafting another player at your position doesn't give a player the right to take his ball and go home, totally ridiculous. Despite the horrid OL in 2004 we're probably 12-4 that year with either McGahee for 16 games or a fully committed T Hen. The answer to why Henry should have played hard is quite simple: because that was his job and that's what pro's do.

justasportsfan
05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
As far as I can remember, Henry didn't quit on the team. At least not on the field. His problems were off field issues that I think even the FO didn't like.

methos4ever
05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Don't forget Travis also was under contract because he ran out of money and they gave him an extension to float him more - so his problems ran him out of Buffalo (along with not wanting to share with Willis) not just Willis.

OpIv37
05-24-2011, 02:17 PM
I meant 2004, McGahee sat out 2003. And I already said I wanted OL instead of McGahee. Let's not debate stuff we agree on we're talking about Henry. My main point stands and I am truly surprised at your take: Henry did not act the part of a pro making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to play a kids game.

Drafting another player at your position doesn't give a player the right to take his ball and go home, totally ridiculous. Despite the horrid OL in 2004 we're probably 12-4 that year with either McGahee for 16 games or a fully committed T Hen. The answer to why Henry should have played hard is quite simple: because that was his job and that's what pro's do.

I don't entirely disagree, except that drafting another player at his position was only one of many slights.

I don't know what you do for a living so I can't give you a relative example, but if you are producing at your job and then your boss starts taking away your opportunities to succeed, then cuts the resources to have to help you, then complains when your production goes down, then hires someone to groom as your replacement, after a while you're going to stop being professional too. In the regular world, we have the option to quit and find another job. In the sports world, Henry was locked into the contract.

Acting professional is a two-way street, and there was a lot of unprofessional nonsense going on in the organization when Henry was here. It's excellent when someone can be the bigger man and remain professional under those circumstances, but it shouldn't be expected. Humans can only take so much.

Night Train
05-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Back to the original idea before turning it into a social self serving rant about Henrys off-field failings....that doesn't apply... :rolleyes:

Yes. In running style, that's a good observation. He does resemble him.

Bill Cody
05-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Back to the original idea before turning it into a social self serving rant about Henrys off-field failings....that doesn't apply... :rolleyes:

Yes. In running style, that's a good observation. He does resemble him.

Social self serving rant? Is that you Newt?

Bill Cody
05-25-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't entirely disagree, except that drafting another player at his position was only one of many slights.

I don't know what you do for a living so I can't give you a relative example, but if you are producing at your job and then your boss starts taking away your opportunities to succeed, then cuts the resources to have to help you, then complains when your production goes down, then hires someone to groom as your replacement, after a while you're going to stop being professional too. In the regular world, we have the option to quit and find another job. In the sports world, Henry was locked into the contract.

Acting professional is a two-way street, and there was a lot of unprofessional nonsense going on in the organization when Henry was here. It's excellent when someone can be the bigger man and remain professional under those circumstances, but it shouldn't be expected. Humans can only take so much.

OP think this through. The organization KNEW Henry was smoking every bowl he could find and banging every chick with a pulse. He had already been suspended for drug use. Why on God's green earth should we defend Henry one itsy bitsy bit for quitting? Yeah he had had produced but Donahoe knew the kid was a time bomb. He knew that when Henry came begging for an extension after he had "burned" through his rookie contract money! Seriously are you kidding me? Henry was/is/will be a BUM.

OpIv37
05-25-2011, 09:48 AM
OP think this through. The organization KNEW Henry was smoking every bowl he could find and banging every chick with a pulse. He had already been suspended for drug use. Why on God's green earth should we defend Henry one itsy bitsy bit for quitting? Yeah he had had produced but Donahoe knew the kid was a time bomb. He knew that when Henry came begging for an extension after he had "burned" through his rookie contract money! Seriously are you kidding me? Henry was/is/will be a BUM.

I'm not so much defending Henry as saying that there is plenty of blame to go around. Henry's a ticking time bomb and needs to be replaced? Fine- they replace him with McGahee who's so gimp-kneed that he couldn't even play for a year and has a work ethic that's just as bad as Henry's. What happens? 3 years later we draft Lynch to replace McGahee and 3 years after that we draft Spiller to replace Lynch. Aaaaarrgggghhh.

Henry's problems aside, the org didn't treat him well and didn't deal with the situation well.

Bill Cody
05-25-2011, 09:51 AM
BTW I like the pick and have said so. I compared his style to Marion Barber. If anyone is annoyed at the fact that I went off on Henry understand this:

1) 2004 was the last time the Bills sniffed the playoffs so it's kind of a sore spot with me, as is Henry (obviously).

2) It's the offseason and there's literally nothing to talk about. If I want to rant cut me some slack please. If not:crack:

Bill Cody
05-25-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm not so much defending Henry as saying that there is plenty of blame to go around. Henry's a ticking time bomb and needs to be replaced? Fine- they replace him with McGahee who's so gimp-kneed that he couldn't even play for a year and has a work ethic that's just as bad as Henry's. What happens? 3 years later we draft Lynch to replace McGahee and 3 years after that we draft Spiller to replace Lynch. Aaaaarrgggghhh.

Henry's problems aside, the org didn't treat him well and didn't deal with the situation well.

As I said I was not in favor of the McGahee pick but that's another issue. Donahoe did not draft well here and his priorities were off.

But look at how Henry fared when he left here. He did the same stuff and the Titans reacted in the same way. We owed Henry nothing more than we gave him. Nothing. It's a pity there wasn't a Johnny White in the 2003 draft and we took him instead of McGahee. With any luck White will be worthy of the jersey.

trapezeus
05-26-2011, 04:52 PM
i see a long haired thurman in his running style. catches the screen, runs inside for not a big guy and bounces off of people. very compact when he needs to be.

BillsFever21
05-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Henry was into more then just weed. Isn't he currently sitting in prison for cocaine trafficking.

Part of the reason why the Bills drafted McGahee was because they knew Henry had many personal issues that would hinder his playing time and production in the league in the long term.

Then sure enough after he went to the Titans he only played a short time before being suspended again for drug use. Had one more chance and then was suspended for a year for another violation. After that he really fell off the cliff and must be when he started trafficking cocaine.