PDA

View Full Version : Fitz finally The Man for Bills

justasportsfan
05-25-2011, 01:28 PM
"It was a good first day of throwing, I'll tell you that," Fitzpatrick said. "It is like riding a bike. We were kidding out here. Just throwing some of that stuff to Lee [Evans], I could do it with my eyes closed. Even David Nelson. He's become a guy that we've worked enough now that I'm getting real comfortable throwing the ball to him. ... The thing that's good with the quarterbacks and receivers, we can come out here and work on our timing and that does help us going forward."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article432472.ece

Mr. Miyagi
05-25-2011, 03:10 PM
This sounds good.

TigerJ
05-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I admit to being a Fitzskeptic. However, Ryan has this year to show what he can do. If he can maintain the gunslinger attitude but cut down a bit on the wild throws and misreads, I'll be happy to jump on the bandwagon.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-25-2011, 08:26 PM
gawd... are we doomed to settle for a journeyman qb for the rest of our frickin lives?

TacklingDummy
05-25-2011, 09:30 PM
SUPER BOWL!!!

SABURZFAN
05-28-2011, 12:07 PM
BRING BACK LOSSMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :couch:

mjt328
05-28-2011, 06:51 PM
I admit to being a Fitzskeptic. However, Ryan has this year to show what he can do. If he can maintain the gunslinger attitude but cut down a bit on the wild throws and misreads, I'll be happy to jump on the bandwagon.

I agree. This season is his big chance. If he doesn't put up Pro Bowl numbers and wins, the Bills have to start looking at other options. No more excuses.

The Bills front office doesn't believe they have been in a position to draft a franchise quarterback in the last 2 drafts. And there is a chance they've been right.
Jimmy Clausen was so bad, the Panthers drafted another quarterback this year. Colt McCoy had his moments, but nobody can say he looks like a future Pro Bowler. I didn't like this year's draft class either and I don't think they will be any better.

Nighthawk
05-29-2011, 12:22 PM
he's all we got, doesn't mean he's any good...just sayin'

better days
05-29-2011, 02:11 PM
he's all we got, doesn't mean he's any good...just sayin'

Well, it means Chan & Buddy think they can win with him which means he is not as bad as the last 3 or 4 QB's that started for the Bills.

Luisito23
05-30-2011, 11:46 AM
he is not as bad as the last 3 or 4 QB's that started for the Bills.

Hardly...

YardRat
05-30-2011, 01:32 PM
He better show some progress and development over last season. I'm damn tired of our QB's showing flashes of brilliance and then flaming out just as quickly as they lit up.

justasportsfan
05-30-2011, 04:02 PM
he's had nos. that were better than flutie but because of DF having a better d we made playoffs. IMO fitz is just another DF. Hopefully he can build on last year.

better days
05-30-2011, 04:20 PM
he's had nos. that were better than flutie but because of DF having a better d we made playoffs. IMO fitz is just another DF. Hopefully he can build on last year.

Well, that Flutie led team was the last decent team in Buffalo. It is too bad that Ralph blew that team up so quick, along with Polian leaving, the two biggest mistakes he ever made IMO. If Fitz can be Flutie like & the defense can play as well as that team, I will be happy.

Night Train
05-30-2011, 06:51 PM
If Fitz can increase his use of TE's ( Chandler, Nelson ) and hit more swing passes to Spiller, Jackson, White, then he'll be fine.

We ALL know his limitations.. but he's got major nuts which the other players love about him. The Bills will surely draft a QB next year, with the Fitz contract expiring but he gets his year.

TMu11
05-31-2011, 05:15 AM
gawd... are we doomed to settle for a journeyman qb for the rest of our frickin lives?

If it werent for the "journeyman," your boy Stevie would still be a nobody

Spiderweb
06-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Well, that Flutie led team was the last decent team in Buffalo. It is too bad that Ralph blew that team up so quick, along with Polian leaving, the two biggest mistakes he ever made IMO. If Fitz can be Flutie like & the defense can play as well as that team, I will be happy.

The 1999 Bills weren't blown up as much as we just had players that reached the pinnacle of their careers years earlier and it was time, I speak of Thomas, Reed and Smith. We were entering cap hell (Butler never learned that there were limits when he was with the Bills). The cupboard was bare. The talent amassed under Polian had simply run it's course and insufficient talent remained. Butler was no Polian and the lack of talent to compete at a high level was due to Butler. The cap hell the Bills found themselves in led to Donohoe, who completed the purge and he too was unable to re-stock the Bills adequately to compete as well.

The firing of Polian was devastating and the Bills have spent the last 18 years trying to recover.

better days
06-01-2011, 05:47 AM
The 1999 Bills weren't blown up as much as we just had players that reached the pinnacle of their careers years earlier and it was time, I speak of Thomas, Reed and Smith. We were entering cap hell (Butler never learned that there were limits when he was with the Bills). The cupboard was bare. The talent amassed under Polian had simply run it's course and insufficient talent remained. Butler was no Polian and the lack of talent to compete at a high level was due to Butler. The cap hell the Bills found themselves in led to Donohoe, who completed the purge and he too was unable to re-stock the Bills adequately to compete as well.

The firing of Polian was devastating and the Bills have spent the last 18 years trying to recover.

No, that team was blown up. Because of throwback touchdown, Ralph wanted heads to roll which led to the resignation of Wade Philips.

After that Gregg Williams was brought in & he dismantled a top 5 defense to try & put his imprint on the team, got rid of Flutie & ruined a team that was the best the Bills had since the Super Bowl teams.

The Bills have not had a team or Head Coach anywhere near as good as Wade since Ralph blew that team up. Lets hope Chan & Buddy get the Bills back to being that good again.

justasportsfan
06-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Bills QB Fitzpatrick growing into leadership role

Despite a 4-9 record, Fitzpatrick had 3,000 yards passing, in becoming the first Bills quarterback to hit that mark since J.P. Losman in 2006. And his 23 touchdowns were the most since Drew Bledsoe had 24 in 2002.

Fitzpatrick reached those numbers despite playing fewer games than Losman or Bledsoe, while also running an offense that featured a patchwork line and a young, no-name group of receivers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110531/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_bills_fitzpatrick

trapezeus
06-01-2011, 12:48 PM

So what you are saying is that we should look for Fitz Flakes?

OpIv37
06-01-2011, 12:59 PM

Who do you suggest we get?

Reach for a QB in the draft? Bring in some other journeyman FA who's no better?

I'd love to have a franchise QB as well, but doing any of the above is just Todd Collins/Drew Bledsoe/JP Losman/Kelly Holcomb/Trent Edwards revisited. For the moment, there simply are no better options. Fitz has his limitations, but at least he knows the system and the players that we already have.

Usually I think the "no one is available" argument is just an excuse that the FO uses to avoid paying people and then certain posters here use to defend the FO, but in this case, it's the truth.

trapezeus
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
thing is that fitz also limits his bad tendancies a bit. he is frustrating at times, but he is a good blend of knowing when to take chances and when to take what is given. his atheleticism holds him back some and that's why he gets picked off 3 times in a game.

but the guy is entertaining and aside from us, the team seems to be squarely in his corner. Considering how much crap we've gone through since flutie/johnson. this is a nice change of pace for the first time in 13 years, we have a guy that the team actually likes and wants in place. no divided locker-room.