PDA

View Full Version : Four downs on... Aaron Williams

justasportsfan
05-31-2011, 10:36 AM
1st DOWN

Describe Aaron Williams in 30 seconds or less.
He is very athletic. He is very passionate about football. He has the ability to make plays at a number of different positions. He can play outside on the edge. He is physical. He is able to play inside in the nickel and safety in my opinion. He has tremendous position flexibility not only athletically but mentally. There are a lot of kids that can play a number of different positions athletically but cannot quite do it mentally. Aaron is able to do both.

What is Williams’ best quality as a football player?
I think his ability to make plays. The numbers did not bear that out this year, but he does have that play-making ability. I would also say his position flexibility. I would say it is unlimited for him on what his potentials are and where you can play him.

Editor’s note: Williams recorded 46 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 1.0 sack and 13 pass break-ups in 2010.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Four-downs-on-Aaron-Williams-with-Texas-DBs-coach-Duane-Akina/3bbd028a-2098-4240-881f-00b620e2ee80

better days
05-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Position flexibility, another trait of the Bills last draft.

Yasgur's Farm
05-31-2011, 02:43 PM
#1... "He is very passionate about football."

djjimkelly
05-31-2011, 04:21 PM
buddy and company made up for last years draft.

even last years draft is not horrific i just see our picks from 2009 as role players more then quality starters.

this years draft gave us 3 legit starters in the first 3 rounds

k-oneputt
05-31-2011, 07:43 PM
#1... "He is very passionate about football."

That's the one.
This whole draft has players with that mental make-up. Especially the top-3.

No Mike Williams' or Aaron Maybin types.

Oaf
05-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Position flexibility, another trait of the Bills last draft.
Case in point: Leodis McKelvin. Not only is he a dynamic corner, but he ALSO has GAMEBREAKING ability on special teams. Now that's a value pick.

Spiderweb
06-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Case in point: Leodis McKelvin. Not only is he a dynamic corner, but he ALSO has GAMEBREAKING ability on special teams. Now that's a value pick.

Dynamic Corner? We're still waiting for that. He has his moments, both good and far too often bad.

As for Game Breaking return ability, definitely. Yet again, he can take one to the house, or as he has done more of lately is to leave the rock on the canvas, at horribly critical points of a game.

One can only hope the light goes on in McLovin's head, as he does possess some serious skills.

Yasgur's Farm
06-01-2011, 08:51 AM
That's the one.
This whole draft has players with that mental make-up. Especially the top-3.

No Mike Williams' or Aaron Maybin types.Exactly! We're also not gonna have any Aaron Schobels and Brad Butlers coming out of a Buddy Nix draft.

Ed
06-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Exactly! We're also not gonna have any Aaron Schobels and Brad Butlers coming out of a Buddy Nix draft.
What's wrong with Schobel? I would love to have another guy that can average 10 sacks per year for us.

justasportsfan
06-02-2011, 02:41 PM
What's wrong with Schobel? I would love to have another guy that can average 10 sacks per year for us.

he's another wall of fame player IMO

Yasgur's Farm
06-02-2011, 02:57 PM
What's wrong with Schobel? I would love to have another guy that can average 10 sacks per year for us.He up and quit on us without saying he was gonna do it...
Remember? "I haven't decided yet". :negrep:

Bill Cody
06-02-2011, 03:09 PM
He up and quit on us without saying he was gonna do it...

I don't hold it against him. He left a lot of money on the table because he finally realized he'd lost the fire.:idunno: If he had gotten his release and gone to NE that would have been one thing. But he went home. I think he earned the right to think things through before making a final decision, it's not like he Favred us. The Bills didn't hold up making plans much. If we got 10 minutes from Maybin like the 10 years we got from Schobel I'd be happier than I am now.

Yasgur's Farm
06-02-2011, 03:14 PM
While all that's true for the most part, I believe he collected a 2 or 3 mil roster bonus before his mind was made up for him. Plus... He kept the powers that be from making roster and scheme decisions during a fairly critical time.

Ed
06-03-2011, 12:29 PM
He up and quit on us without saying he was gonna do it...
That didn't really bother me. I thought it seemed pretty obvious that he wasn't going to return, and the Bills appeared to move on under the same assumption. Plus, I'm kind of glad he didn't come back. He was never going to be a part of the future and with a new coach and scheme there really wasn't any benefit to having him stick around for another year.