X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Hangartner at the center of competition

A few days old but didn't see it posted yet.

"We think Eric Wood was the best center in the draft coming out," said Bills General Manager Buddy Nix at the Senior Bowl in late January. "Obviously he wasn't [fully] healthy. But when he gets healthy, there's a good chance that's where he'll be. We'll just see. We'll play the best ones."

"We think Eric Wood was the best center in the draft coming out," said Bills General Manager Buddy Nix at the Senior Bowl in late January. "Obviously he wasn't [fully] healthy. But when he gets healthy, there's a good chance that's where he'll be. We'll just see. We'll play the best ones."

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Hangartner at the center of competition

Even if Wood starts at C, I want to keep Hang since he can play all 3 interior positions. I'm tired of seeing a weak OL without depth. We know he's smart as hell and has decent ability.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

hangartner needs to be on the bench. he can't stop a true nose tackle for the life of him. carolina had it right when they had him on the team as a back up. if you need any proof that eric wood should be starting at center, just watch the lions game from last year.
      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 06-01-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
        hangartner needs to be on the bench. he can't stop a true nose tackle for the life of him. carolina had it right when they had him on the team as a back up. if you need any proof that eric wood shouldn't be starting at center, just watch the lions game from last year.
        I'm sure you spent endless hours breaking down film of the offensive line play for that game.
        Last edited by mayotm; 06-01-2011, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I don't get the love for Hangartner.

The fact that we can't block a 3/4 NT is a big factor in why we struggle against 3/4 teams (particularly the other 3 teams in our division). I hope Wood does provide an upgrade at the position.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

was that the lions game when n-dong suh had 2 tackles and 0 sacks?

edit: sorry, he was credited with 2 solos and an assist, with one behind the line. what a great game
            Last edited by Stewie; 06-01-2011, 09:04 AM.
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by mayotm
              I'm sure you spent endless hours breaking down film of the offensive line play for that game.
              watch it and then try talk say something. he single handedly held suh in check for 95% of the game

edit: in my first post it should have said if you need any proof that wood SHOULD be starting at center....... not shouldn't. i was half in the bag last night.
              Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 06-01-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

What?

If you're implying that he's not qualified to comment because he didn't spend hours breaking down film of the game, that's an impossible standard. None of us (well, very few of us) actually spend time breaking down film, so I guess we're not qualified to comment. Why even have a message board? None of us know what we're talking about anyway.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I don't get the love for Hangartner.
                  the love comes from the fact that we've had horrible centers before him.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    the love comes from the fact that we've had horrible centers before him.
                    and this goes right back to what I always say about Bills fans accepting mediocrity.

Going from horrible to mediocre meets the technical definition of an improvement, but it's not good enough.

Hangartner was a back-up in Carolina and I'd be happy to have him as a C/G back-up here, but he's not starting material.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

and this goes right back to what I always say about Bills fans accepting mediocrity.

Going from horrible to mediocre meets the technical definition of an improvement, but it's not good enough.

Hangartner was a back-up in Carolina and I'd be happy to have him as a C/G back-up here, but he's not starting material.
                      haven't heard anyone say he's a probowl center or that the position can't be upgraded.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-01-2011, 10:20 AM.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• mayotm
                        • Jul 2003

What?

If you're implying that he's not qualified to comment because he didn't spend hours breaking down film of the game, that's an impossible standard. None of us (well, very few of us) actually spend time breaking down film, so I guess we're not qualified to comment. Why even have a message board? None of us know what we're talking about anyway.
                        I'm suggesting that very few people focus on the o-line when they watch a game. It's difficult to focus on the o-line even if you wanted to due to the camera angles. I'm also suggesting that a lot of opinions get thrown around about offensive lineman that are completely baseless. That's my point.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

I'm suggesting that very few people focus on the o-line when they watch a game. It's difficult to focus on the o-line even if you wanted to due to the camera angles. I'm also suggesting that a lot of opinions get thrown around about offensive lineman that are completely baseless. That's my point.
                          You would think with the cost of the Sunday ticket, they would give us an extra camera or two. The technology is available to do so.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

hopefully the bills days of jamming people in the wrong position are done.

only the bills could trade back up to the first round to take a highly graded center and shift him over a spot.

and the days of taking backups and hoping they'll be starteres will be over. hangartner is a great body to fill in at times. but he isnt' a starter. the bills need depth like him. we just can't overpay for it hoping that he'll be a stud.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus

only the bills could trade back up to the first round to take a highly graded center and shift him over a spot.
                              The Bills never traded up into the 1st Round to take Eric Wood in 2009.. The pick the bills used to take Wood in the bottom of the 1st Round was the pick they received in the Jason Peters trade

Comment

Working...
                              X