From Adam Schein

32. Buffalo Bills: 14.5
Owner: 1
Quarterback: 3.5
Coach: 3
Front office: 1
Coaching staff: 4
Intangibles: 2

I feel so terrible for the amazing and diehard Bills fans. They deserve an in-touch owner and a team with a plan. And the Bills put in pay cuts for all employees and cut pensions during the lockout. Awesome.

LINK

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-nflorganizationrankings/

tomz
06-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Schein is an idiot.

wmoz11
06-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Schein is actually awesome and one of the few people that give the Bills credit when it's deserved.

Don't think we deserve 32nd here, but we're pretty damn close.

SabreEleven
06-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Seems to me he hit it on the head...especially the owner part

mjt328
06-02-2011, 06:45 PM
How does he come up with these scores?

elltrain22
06-02-2011, 07:17 PM
We are a bad team right now, but to say we are the worst of the worst is silly. There are a handful of teams that are no-brainer worse then we are. TBH, if we are, that would be awesome, b/c we'd be in the drivers seat to draft Luck. Either way, its all good.

Don't Panic
06-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Schein is an idiot.

I'd go more with a Tool, but he is pretty right on with this one.

Extremebillsfan247
06-02-2011, 07:45 PM
From Adam Schein

32. Buffalo Bills: 14.5
Owner: 1
Quarterback: 3.5
Coach: 3
Front office: 1
Coaching staff: 4
Intangibles: 2

I feel so terrible for the amazing and diehard Bills fans. They deserve an in-touch owner and a team with a plan. And the Bills put in pay cuts for all employees and cut pensions during the lockout. Awesome.

LINK

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-nflorganizationrankings/
You know, I didn't always like Ralph Wilson until Art Modell gave me a new found admiration for the old stubborn guy. lol

OpIv37
06-03-2011, 06:30 AM
We are a bad team right now, but to say we are the worst of the worst is silly. There are a handful of teams that are no-brainer worse then we are. TBH, if we are, that would be awesome, b/c we'd be in the drivers seat to draft Luck. Either way, its all good.

It's not a power ranking in terms of players on the field. It's a ranking of the organization itself. I tend to agree with him. As far as the way this organization has been run, we are down there with Oakland, Cleveland and Cincinnati. And if it wasn't for Gailey getting his **** together last year, we'd have even lower numbers.

It really is embarrassing.

jcdavey
06-03-2011, 06:39 AM
schein's an east coast loudmouth pos

(i'm not even a bills fan)

Buckets
06-03-2011, 08:50 AM
It's not a power ranking in terms of players on the field. It's a ranking of the organization itself. I tend to agree with him. As far as the way this organization has been run, we are down there with Oakland, Cleveland and Cincinnati. And if it wasn't for Gailey getting his **** together last year, we'd have even lower numbers.

It really is embarrassing.

To be honest I was a little surprised with the results. To be first in the last place race is a little harsh. Based on the last 5 or 6 years we probably deserve it but I think we have started to turn this mess around the last couple of years.

OpIv37
06-03-2011, 09:05 AM
To be honest I was a little surprised with the results. To be first in the last place race is a little harsh. Based on the last 5 or 6 years we probably deserve it but I think we have started to turn this mess around the last couple of years.

I think we've started to turn the corner too, but so far, we don't have any results to show for it. So, until we have results, I understand the ranking.

WeAreArthurMoates
06-03-2011, 09:18 AM
I dont agree with the front office anaylist. Are front office is finally set, we have a GM being groomed and the scout presidents were fantastic hires.

OpIv37
06-03-2011, 09:48 AM
I dont agree with the front office anaylist. Are front office is finally set, we have a GM being groomed and the scout presidents were fantastic hires.

Based on what?

Look at it objectively. The Bills have had a ton of crappy front office hires spanning back a decade. What legitimate reason does anyone have to believe this time will be any different?

The new hires may look good on paper, but they haven't gotten any results yet. Granted, some of the changes are very recent and they haven't been given much opportunity to show results yet. But until there are tangible results, the FO changes are just a paper tiger.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2011, 09:56 AM
These kinds of subjective rankings are meaningless. Does anyone really car what some talking head thinks about anything?

We all have our opinion on the Bills' organization. Is Schein's any more or less valid than yours or mine?

trapezeus
06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
you can't deny that we are in the bottom 4th of teams. our record from last year, our consistent missing on players and missing the playoffs onlymakes it worse.

I can't imagine why it matters to complain that we aren't the 32nd team out of 32 teams. we couldn't move up much higher than 28 based on the history.

and for those of you who don't live outside of buffalo, buffalo gets zero respect.

When i wear a bills tshirt, i almost always get a "buffalo bills? How'd that happen?" the majority of the football world would say we are terrible and they've got the facts to prove it.

hopefully this studly draft and last year's sleepers awake.

Ed
06-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Based on what?

Look at it objectively. The Bills have had a ton of crappy front office hires spanning back a decade. What legitimate reason does anyone have to believe this time will be any different?

The new hires may look good on paper, but they haven't gotten any results yet. Granted, some of the changes are very recent and they haven't been given much opportunity to show results yet. But until there are tangible results, the FO changes are just a paper tiger.
I still think a 1 is harsh for a group of guys that haven't had a chance to really do anything. Jim Harbaugh is a new hire as a coach with no NFL coaching success and he gets a 6. The Denver front office gets a 4.5. What's Elway accomplished as a GM? The Redskins front office gets an 8. Why? There's no objectivity with any of these grades.

BillsFever21
06-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I could care less what his rankings say or any other analyst for that matter. The truth is we are a bad team over the past decade and have yet to prove we are headed towards a team that can contend for the playoffs every season.

What doesn't amaze me is how everyone reacts to his rankings. I'm sure it's probably like this with just about every fan message board but if somebody says something good about the team then they are a great analyst. If they say something bad then they are a worthless analyst.

If the same people says the opposite the next time around or at some other point then all of a sudden they are a useless analyst and the other one is a great analyst.

Face it this team is ranked in the same class as the Texans and Lions over the past decade as the only teams who haven't made the playoffs. At least in the Texans case they were an expansion team and have at least played better then we have over the past several years.

As of right now over the past decade the only team who has been worse then the Bills are the Lions. That isn't a good class to be labeled in. We can say this is the time we are turning it around just like all the other times but until it actually happens it's just talk and optimism.

better days
06-04-2011, 11:31 AM
You know, I didn't always like Ralph Wilson until Art Modell gave me a new found admiration for the old stubborn guy. lol

And Irsey before Modell. Ralph should at least be a 2 not a 1. I wonder what # he rates the Irseys.

I also think the front office should be rated higher since Nix was hired & Modrack fired.

HAMMER
06-04-2011, 01:22 PM
These kinds of subjective rankings are meaningless. Does anyone really car what some talking head thinks about anything?

We all have our opinion on the Bills' organization. Is Schein's any more or less valid than yours or mine?

Maybe more valid due to being more objective. Hard to argue with any of it.

YardRat
06-04-2011, 02:24 PM
The Redskins front office gets an 8.

If that doesn't shoot down any credibility this 'study' might have had to begin with, than nothing will.

Mike
06-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Based on what?

Common dude, you know the masses can not look at things objectively. Its all subjective and emotional, and there is no chance in hell that those rose colored glasses are coming off.

Its amazing to me, that year after year, fans (and not just bills fans) fail to see things objectively even when it is as obvious as day light. It takes the average fan 3-4 years to realize how bad a player like Maybin is. Remember that 3-4 years for something so obvious. Now, the more subtler things in life, forget about it!