X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Bills' vets are Sheppard's backers

Sheppard followed Davis and Torbor around like a shadow, soaking up all the information and advice they were willing to dispense.

"I kind of came in a unique situation because I got guys like Andra and Reggie that reach out and say, 'We're older guys, and we've been doing this. You're young and it's your time to come in and make an impact and help us win,'" Sheppard said. "That's what they are about. I've got guys who have been in the league for 10 years, so they know the ins and outs. They know the kind of feeling I'm going to have, the kind of emotions, what I'm going to go through as a rookie and they are able to tell me those things and give me tips and pointers."
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Bills' vets are Sheppard's backers

I read that article and knew that was a big reason they wanted to sign Andra Davis. I said after his signing that his first year was meant to be one where he helped the D transition (injury was unfortunate), and the second was where he was going to mentor a young LB.

I still don't see Sheppard filling Davis's role. I think Sheppard belongs at Poz's LB position (can't remember which name belongs to which - Mike I think for Poz?), where the other LB keeps him clean and he can make the tackle.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

[quote=psubills62]I read that article and knew that was a big reason they wanted to sign Andra Davis. I said after his signing that his first year was meant to be one where he helped the D transition (injury was unfortunate), and the second was where he was going to mentor a young LB.

I still don't see Sheppard filling Davis's role. I think Sheppard belongs at Poz's LB position (can't remember which name belongs to which - Mike I think for Poz?), where the other LB keeps him clean and he can make the tackle.[/quote

drafting shep made poz expendable imo. shep is bigger, tougher, and stronger.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
        Originally posted by psubills62
        I read that article and knew that was a big reason they wanted to sign Andra Davis. I said after his signing that his first year was meant to be one where he helped the D transition (injury was unfortunate), and the second was where he was going to mentor a young LB.

I still don't see Sheppard filling Davis's role. I think Sheppard belongs at Poz's LB position (can't remember which name belongs to which - Mike I think for Poz?), where the other LB keeps him clean and he can make the tackle.
        Expendable, but it does sound like Nix and co. still seem to want him back. Or at least they did before the draft, maybe not so much anymore.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Northern Stampede
          Canadian Son With A Heart Full Of Buffalo
          • Dec 2004

I really hope they get Poz back in here.. I mean with him and Sheppard on the inside, a healthy Merriman ( Hopefully ) and Moats playing outside, our LB Corps could be a hell of alot better, espescially with guys like Dareus tying up blockers for them so they dont have a guard or center in their face every god damn play! Poz is a playmaker imo, and its hard to make plays when he's got a 300 plus pound lineman, getting to the second level and in his face every play!! imo, the addition of Dareus is gonna show you guys what Poz can actually do. He wont be tied up all the time. It all starts with the lines boys. Your LB's are only as good as your Dline permits!!!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

[quote=MARCELL DAREUS POWER]
            Originally posted by psubills62

I still don't see Sheppard filling Davis's role. I think Sheppard belongs at Poz's LB position (can't remember which name belongs to which - Mike I think for Poz?), where the other LB keeps him clean and he can make the tackle.[/quote

How is Poz expendable? Hes still our best overall LB so why the hell would we get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
            X