PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Sabres Announce Extension for Winger Stafford

SabreEleven
06-03-2011, 05:56 PM
The Buffalo Sabres have announced they have signed winger Drew Stafford to a multi-year extension. The terms of the contract have not yet been released.

http://wgr550.com/Buffalo-Sabres-Announce-Extension-for-Winger-Staff/10036230

It's good to finally have ownership that is awake but please, Drew, don't turn into Kotalik Part Deux

clumping platelets
06-03-2011, 06:30 PM
:clap:

Ebenezer
06-03-2011, 06:31 PM
The Buffalo Sabres have announced they have signed winger Drew Stafford to a multi-year extension. The terms of the contract have not yet been released.

http://wgr550.com/Buffalo-Sabres-Announce-Extension-for-Winger-Staff/10036230

It's good to finally have ownership that is awake but please, Drew, don't turn into Kotalik Part Deux
I think under the new bosses there will be accountability because of the budget. If he doesn't perform he'll be gone because they will be willing to suck up the contract and trade him.

bigbub2352
06-03-2011, 08:59 PM
i like the move but he has to stay healthy...sign mccormick and let all the rest of the UFA's walk

trade hecht and morrison

and sign a center

hydro
06-03-2011, 11:18 PM
4yrs/16mil - I like it!

http://wgr550.com/HAMILTON--Relax-folks--deep-breaths/10037023

OpIv37
06-04-2011, 12:04 AM
I don't hate the move but I don't love it. For some reason, I'm skeptical.

I think I just want new blood. If they let guys like Conolly walk and bring in an improvement, I'm ok with this. If they consider maintaining status quo to be sufficient (ie signing stafford and doing nothing else) then I will be pissed

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-04-2011, 04:55 AM
I don't hate the move but I don't love it. For some reason, I'm skeptical.

I think I just want new blood. If they let guys like Conolly walk and bring in an improvement, I'm ok with this. If they consider maintaining status quo to be sufficient (ie signing stafford and doing nothing else) then I will be pissed

You're skeptical? No way!!

BlackMetalNinja
06-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Its a reasonable price for the numbers he put up this past season... but I'm always leery of guys who only put up solid numbers in contract years. If he comes even close to repeating that performance this coming season, I'll feel a lot better about it.

generalmills
06-04-2011, 10:58 AM
He does not have to be "the guy". He can be a 40 goal scorer with a good centre which I am confident that they will pick up. His current level of productivity is fine with me, it costs money to keep good players. I would rather that productivity be here and not somewhere else. Better team with Stafford in the line up than not.

Ebenezer
06-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't mind the signing...without some centers on this team it means nothing.

OpIv37
06-04-2011, 04:41 PM
He does not have to be "the guy". He can be a 40 goal scorer with a good centre which I am confident that they will pick up. His current level of productivity is fine with me, it costs money to keep good players. I would rather that productivity be here and not somewhere else. Better team with Stafford in the line up than not.
But someone has to be the guy. That's the problem with having a team full of Roys, Pominvilles, Vaneks and Staffords. Tons of quality support for the top guy but no top guy.

Ebenezer
06-04-2011, 05:21 PM
But someone has to be the guy. That's the problem with having a team full of Roys, Pominvilles, Vaneks and Staffords. Tons of quality support for the top guy but no top centers.

corrected.

generalmills
06-04-2011, 05:31 PM
But someone has to be the guy. That's the problem with having a team full of Roys, Pominvilles, Vaneks and Staffords. Tons of quality support for the top guy but no top guy.

Is it Brad Richards or bust then at centre? I think someone like Fleischmann,LaRose, or Higgins would be a great signing or two in a spot where help is needed.

Michael82
06-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm kinda ::: with the move. I'm glad he's back and am surprised that it's only $16 million, I figured he would get $20 and I'm sure the arbitration deal would have been even higher. But I also am worried that he just played for his contract and now he'll go back to being the Stafford that we wanted to run out of Buffalo in 2009-2010. :ill:

mightysimi
06-05-2011, 09:27 PM
On a line with Stafford and Vanek, you probably need someone who plays D don't you think? All blitz with all 3 forwards doesn't really work.

Or do they even play together? I just assumed the 2 30 goal scorers would be together.

SabreEleven
06-06-2011, 06:19 AM
On a line with Stafford and Vanek, you probably need someone who plays D don't you think? All blitz with all 3 forwards doesn't really work.

Or do they even play together? I just assumed the 2 30 goal scorers would be together.

It depends if they are all on the rag at the same time.

Nighthawk
06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
This team will go nowhere unless they actually acquire some elite talent. Teams DO NOT win cups without elite talent...it doesn't happen.

Mski
06-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Is it Brad Richards or bust then at centre? I think someone like Fleischmann,LaRose, or Higgins would be a great signing or two in a spot where help is needed.i have loved higgins since he came up with montreal.... i didnt know he was a FA this year though

SkateZilla
06-09-2011, 11:37 AM
where's the free agent list?