PDA

View Full Version : What's your NFL Ranking?

jbisset
06-23-2003, 08:34 PM
My NFL Ranking
1 Bucs
2 Raiders
3 BILLS
4 Eagles
5 Pats
6 Dolphin
7 Titans
8 Jets
9 Rams
10 Falons
11 Chiefs
12 Broncos
13 Giants
14 Steelers
15 Colts
16 Redskins
17 Packers
18 Ravens
19 Seahawks
20 Browns
21 Chargers
22 Bears
23 49ers
24 Vikings
25 Jaguars
26 Panthers
27 Cowboys
28 Bengals
29 Texans
30 Lions
31 Cardinals

Team ESPN.com says

Tampa Bay Bucs
Optimistic: Core of Super Bowl team returns intact.
Pessimistic: There's nowhere to go but down. Warren Sapp's contract status could also be a distraction -- you know Warren won't keep quiet about it.

2. Raiders Optimistic: Team only seems to get better with age.
Pessimistic: Can Gannon, Rice and Brown continue last season's form?

3. Eagles Optimistic: They still have Donovan McNabb and he'll keep them near the top of the NFC.
Pessimistic: Hugh Douglas' production won't be replaced by a rookie or anyone else on their roster right now.

4. Steelers Optimistic: While Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland are improving, the Steelers are still the class of the AFC North.
Pessimistic: Anyone want to wager on Tommy Maddox having the same success in 2003 he had in 2002?

5. Titans Optimistic: Steve McNair just seems to win and 2003 should be no different.
Pessimistic: Eddie George isn't getting any younger -- 3.4 and 3.0 yards per carry the last two years is not good.

6. Patriots Optimistic: Offseason additions should improve defense.
Pessimistic: Running game is still a big question mark.

7. Falcons Optimistic: Two words: Michael Vick
Pessimistic: But can he follow up 2002 with a step forward?

8. Dolphins Optimistic: Ricky Williams was everything the Dolphins hoped for and should be just as good in 2003.
Pessimistic: Until the Dolphins find a way to win late in the season, who cares?

9. Packers Optimistic: Brett Favre is coming back, which is all Packers fans need to hear.
Pessimistic: Will talk of Favre's future be a distraction?

10. Saints Optimistic: With Deuce McAllister and Aaron Brooks, offense should continue to improve.
Pessimistic: They'll still find a way to stumble down the stretch.

11. Jets Optimistic: Chad Pennington emerged as a star last season and should continue to improve.
Pessimistic: But will his lack of arm strength catch up to him?

12. Chiefs Optimistic: If defense can improve a little, they'll be dangerous.
Pessimistic: Priest Holmes' health status sure doesn't sound good.

13. Colts Optimistic: With Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and a healthier Edgerrin James, Colts have offense to win.
Pessimistic: We're still waiting to see Manning win a playoff game.

14. 49ers Optimistic: Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens will keep the 49ers in contention.
Pessimistic: Tai Streets came on last year, but this team is still too reliant on Owens.

15t. Bills Optimistic: Offseason additions on defense should help one of the league's most porous defenses.
Pessimistic: Despite the improvements, they're still probably the No. 4 team in their division.

15t. Rams Optimistic: The Rams still have the talent and with improved health, should return to top form.
Pessimistic: Kurt Warner might never return to the level of an elite QB.

17. Broncos Optimistic: Mike Shanahan will turn Jake Plummer into an above-average NFL QB.
Pessimistic: Plummer is what he is and not even Shanahan can change that.

18. Giants Optimistic: Jeremy Shockey should continue to get better, meaning the whole offense will be better.
Pessimistic: Still not sure they have enough to stay with the Eagles.

19. Vikings Optimistic: Won last three games and enter 2003 believing they've turned a corner.
Pessimistic: Defense still doesn't look like a playoff-caliber unit.

20. Seahawks Optimistic: Matt Hasselbeck emerged as No. 1 QB and Koren Robinson emerged as No. 1 WR.
Pessimistic: Defense is still shaky and counting on Hasselbeck might be risky.

21. Browns Optimistic: After making the playoffs last season, 2003 should bring even better things.
Pessimistic: The Browns were lucky to make the playoffs last year and actually took a step back with offseason losses.

22t. Ravens Optimistic: With a healthy Ray Lewis expected back, defense should be better than average.
Pessimistic: It won't matter how good the defense is if the offense can't find the end zone.

22t. Redskins Optimistic: Offseason additions -- especially Laveranues Coles -- will make 'Skins better.
Pessimistic: Can second-year QB Patrick Ramsey avoid Steve Spurrier's quick hook.

24. Chargers Optimistic: Addition of David Boston gives Drew Brees much needed weapon.
Pessimistic: He might have been old, but the Chargers will miss Junior Seau.

25. Panthers Optimistic: Team took a big step forward in John Fox's first season.
Pessimistic: Despite some additions, offense will still struggle.

26t. Bears Optimistic: Anthony Thomas is apparently in great shape.
Pessimistic: Kordell Stewart is not the answer at QB in Chicago.

26t. Bengals Optimistic: Marvin Lewis has things on the right track.
Pessimistic: It's too easy to say, but Mike Brown is still in charge and they're still the Bengals.

28. Cowboys Optimistic: The day he walked in the door, Bill Parcells made the Cowboys a better team.
Pessimistic: They have three years to win, because that's about as long as Parcells will be around.

29. Jaguars Optimistic: Surprisingly active in free agency, Hugh Douglas and Mike Peterson will help on defense.
Pessimistic: Mark Brunell might not have enough left in the tank for another playoff run.

30. Lions Optimistic: Steve Mariucci should be good for at least a few wins.
Pessimistic: A two-game improvement would still make Detroit just 5-11.

31. Texans Optimistic: More weapons and experience should make David Carr happy.
Pessimistic: They're still going to struggle to score points.

32. Cardinals Optimistic: At least Emmitt Smith will sell more tickets.
Pessimistic: Losses of Jake Plummer and David Boston would be hard for a good team to overcome -- and this team wasn't good.

Demon
06-24-2003, 02:13 AM
Call me crazy, but Philly Eagles won't make the playoffs.

MDFINFAN
06-24-2003, 04:02 AM
Are you a homer, bills #3, what have you done to get so high..other teams have made off season improvements too. Remember all the off season upgrades for us is paper teams, until they get on the field and do something, they're still in the same position as last year..and the bills, if I remember didn't finish the year #3.

Jan Reimers
06-24-2003, 05:48 AM
Does anyone remember the old Eddy Arnold song, "What's He Doin' In My World" ? That's how I feel about MDFINFAN. Can't wait to SQUISH THE FISH twice again this year.

baalworship
06-24-2003, 06:47 AM
Baalworship's Unofficial Pre-Season Power Rankings:

1. Tampa Bay Bucs - They're still the champs.

2.Tennessee Titans- Jeff Fisher and they've got a lot of young, improving players.

3.Pittsburgh Steelers- Best WR's in the NFL: Burress, Ward, and Randle-El

4.Atlanta Vick's- Michael has a WR this year.

5.KC Chiefs- IF Priest is healthy....

6.Buffalo Bills-Best FA & have young up and comers on both sides of the ball.

7.N England Region Patriots-Belichick's Defense will play better.

8.Miami Dolphins- They won't end the year here!

9.Oakland Raiders- This team QUIT in the SuperBowl way too early.

10.Philadelphia Eagles- McNabb, A Reid and weak division equals playoffs.

11. New Orlean Saints-Can be dangerous.

12.Chicago Bears- Kordell IS an upgrade. Will actually field a team this season.

13.New Jersey Jets- Coles for Conway? Bad idea.

14.Denver Broncos- I am a fan of Mike Shanahan but not Jake Plummer.

15.St Louis Rams- Someone has to win this division. Bulger will be starter by week 3.

16.NY Giants- Have decent everything. Will challenge Philly for division.

17.Green Bay Packers-The smoke and mirrors won't work this year.

18.Seattle Seahawks- I am grabbing a bunch of them in fantasy, not their defense!

19.San Diego Bolts- Threw off dead weight in Seau, won't be enough.

20.S Fran 49er's- Terrible division, Garcia is near end.

21.Indy Colts- They have been Dungified.

22.Baltimore Ravens- QB situation is shaky, I like everything else.

23.Jacksonville Jaguars- The Brunell thing will not help them. Should just trade him.

24.Deadskins- Patrick Ramsey WILL be a good NFL QB. Not this year.

25.Vikings-I had them at 18 but couldn't think of anything before the clock expired on my selection...

26.Browns- QB controversy coupled with lousy off-season equals disaster.

27.Silver and Black Panthers-Stephen Davis? Why???

28.Cowboys-Parcells needs a lot. Will be fun watching them rebuild again.

29.Lions-Matt Millen must go.

30.Texans- Will hang out down here for another year or so.

31. Bengals- I don't care who their coach is. They're still the Bengals. Palmer will be a bust.

32.Cardinals-Losing your franchise QB and David Boston? At least 5 people showed up last year. I think I was one of them but I can't remember, the game was so boring. You have no fan base and you're bringing out Emmitt's corpse? Congratulations. You are now officially the WORST NFL franchise.

Notes:

The NFL is league of parity. The difference between #2 or #3 is negligible. I am basically saying the AFC East is up for grabs by all teams. If you want to criticize a team ranking please state "WHY" and post your own for comparison. This will help me because I am sincerely interested in keeping tabs on other teams. For example, you could say I disagree with the Packers low ranking because their defense will be improved with the additions of X, Y, Z and their young WR's will be much better.

jbisset
06-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Baalworship, Like your ranking... below are a couple comments...anything to help my team.

2.Tennessee Titans- I think they need a new running back
3.Pittsburgh Steelers- Great WRs but no qb
4.Atlanta Vick's- Michael has a WR this year. - You have a great point here....Like the Bills I expect atlanta to make ALOT of noise.
5.KC Chiefs- IF Priest is healthy.... Big IF

BFBills
06-24-2003, 01:57 PM
DEMON......YOUR CRAZY!!!!....j/k

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-24-2003, 05:11 PM
This is how I see it:

1. Tampa Bay
2. Tennessee
3. Philadelphia
4. Atlanta
5. Pittsburgh
6. Oakland
7. Miami
8. New England
9. St. Louis
10. Green Bay
11. San Francisco
12. New Orleans
13. Indianapolis
14. Buffalo
15. Denver
16. New York Jets
17. New York Giants
18. San Diego
19. Kansas City
20. Baltimore
21. Washington
22. Jacksonville
23. Carolina
24. Cleveland
25. Seattle
26. Dallas
27. Cincinnati
28. Chicago
29. Minnesota
30. Detroit
31. Houston
32. Arizona

MDFINFAN
06-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Does anyone remember the old Eddy Arnold song, "What's He Doin' In My World" ? That's how I feel about MDFINFAN. Can't wait to SQUISH THE FISH twice again this year.

Yea, except I'm the one who's singing..but I'll use the old temptations song, papa was a rolling stone, wherever he laid his hat was his home :rocker:

THATHURMANATOR
06-24-2003, 05:25 PM
What happened to your sig man?

MDFINFAN
06-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Couldn't put my normal one up on this site, so I'm looking for another one for this site.

Voltron
06-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

:rofl:

Thurm :hi5: Volt

:fabulous:

Demon
06-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Why is everyone thinking the Giants will be terrible this season? I don't like the Giants or anything, but i think they improved pretty well and gotten younger. I definetly see them a top 8 team and winning the NFC East title.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Demon
Why is everyone thinking the Giants will be terrible this season? I don't like the Giants or anything, but i think they improved pretty well and gotten younger. I definetly see them a top 8 team and winning the NFC East title.

I ranked them in the middle of the pack.

1. Blowing a 24 point lead in the playoffs has to have an effect on the squad.
2. I still don't have faith in Kerry Collins, I know, I know, he had a great year last year.
3. I haven't seen much activity in free agency, they have been very quiet. Biggest sign was probably Mike Hollis.
4. I thought they had a pretty weak draft. William Joseph IMO is overrated.
5. Their division is getting tougher. They still have Philly as one of the best teams, but Washington and Dallas will be better this season. No more "easy" games.
6. Last years wins came against St. Louis, Seattle, Dallas (2), Jacksonville, Minnesota, Indianapolis, Washington (2), and Philadelphia. In my calculations that's two teams above .500.
Losses against 49ers, Arizona, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston, and Tennesee. Losses against two of the weakest teams in the NFL and the other three were playoff teams last season.
Those are some of the reasons I rated them in the middle. I thought they were one of those suprise teams last year and I look for them to fall back down to around 8-8 this season.

imbondz
06-25-2003, 09:22 AM
why does everyone think the Titans are so great. They are the luckiest team in the NFL. They have no running back, no consistent WR's, and McNair is OVERRATED. He has one decent game against the Raiders (and lost) and everyone thinks he's great. :puke:

not to mention they play the Texans twice, the Jags twice, lost to Cleveland, the Redskins, and the Cowboys last year, barely got by the Bengals - Needed a goal line stand in the closing seconds to do it. Got crushed by the Raiders in the regular season 52-25.

THE TITANS WILL GO 8-8 NEXT SEASON...if that.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Reasons I rated the Titans so high:

1. They have one of the best coaches in the NFL
2. Steve McNair just finds a way to win.
3. They play in a soft division
4. Eddie George returns to form, no more 3 yards per carry average.
5. They still have a very solid defense
6. I thought they had a very good draft. Woolfolk is great, he may need some time to develop. I like the idea of Calico opposite of Mason. Chris Brown could be like an Eddie George.

I guess looking at it they should probably be rated lower, but it's my rankings and that's my opinion!!!!!

imbondz
06-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

I guess looking at it they should probably be rated lower, but it's my rankings and that's my opinion!!!!!

NO!!!

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Reasons I rated the Titans so high:

1. They have one of the best coaches in the NFL
2. Steve McNair just finds a way to win.
3. They play in a soft division
4. Eddie George returns to form, no more 3 yards per carry average.
5. They still have a very solid defense
6. I thought they had a very good draft. Woolfolk is great, he may need some time to develop. I like the idea of Calico opposite of Mason. Chris Brown could be like an Eddie George.

but i'll agree with #1 absolutely. one of the best coaches in the league. #2, true. #3, definitely true. #4, no. #5, in a weak division, against weak teams, yes. #6, i think it's going to take a year or two for Calico to develop in the nfl.

ryven
06-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Got say Baal I like your rankings

baalworship
06-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Ryven: Thanks. It'll get a lot easier to make rankings after pre-season. For now, we need to kill time waiting for training camp. BTW, I actually think the Titans are the BEST team right now. Just ranked the Bucs higher because of their playoff run.

Here's how the Titans did after losing 4 of their first 5 last year:

10/13 23-14 W JAC GameCenter
10/27 30-24 W at CIN GameCenter
11/03 23-15 W at IND GameCenter
11/10 17-10 W HOU GameCenter
11/17 31-23 W PIT GameCenter
11/24 12-13 L at BAL GameCenter
12/01 32-29 W at NYG GameCenter
12/08 27-17 W IND GameCenter
12/16 24-7 W NE GameCenter
12/22 28-10 W at JAC GameCenter
12/29 13-3 W at HOU GameCenter

They are the Anti-Dolphins! Hence the respect.

ryven
06-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Are you the same Baal from bb.com's forum and if you are got admit there alot less trolls here it like a very well hidden secrete

baalworship
06-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Same baalworship. Buffalo Bills.com is good but lately it's been just blackbear threads. Everyone keeps bumping threads that should be left alone.