PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush

T-Long
06-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Since the news is still slow with the lockout, here is my latest article, this one on Reggie Bush. Agree or Disagree?

LINK (http://thefanhub.com/1324/elsewhere/nfl/reggie-bushs-career-a-tragedy-or-too-much-hype-.html)

Luisito23
06-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Too much hype.

Extremebillsfan247
06-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Since the news is still slow with the lockout, here is my latest article, this one on Reggie Bush. Agree or Disagree?

LINK (http://thefanhub.com/1324/elsewhere/nfl/reggie-bushs-career-a-tragedy-or-too-much-hype-.html)I attribute his lack of production to 2 factors. 1, The year he was drafted is the same year the Saints acquired Drew Brees. Why is that important? Most HC's/ OC's tend to build an offense around their QB and not their RB. The Saints offensive scheme was built to utilize Drew's strengths. The running game is not its main focus. In fact, it hasn't been since Drew Brees took over as QB.

2, another contributor to Bush's lack luster production on the field is staying healthy. Since being drafted in 2006, Bush has only managed to get through a full season only once. This can also be caused by the same scenario I described in factor 1.

So, what I think is that the offensive system that the Saints use is the leading contributor to his sub par performance, and could also be why he does get injured a lot. Had he been in an offensive system that was built around a strong running attack, his numbers might look a little different assuming he could stay healthy enough to matter. But, that's my opinion.

Novacane
06-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I think he could have been a star if he had wanted it bad enough. He has the talent but there's more to it than that. Prime example of why the NFL needs a rookie salary cap. If these college stars are not given the huge contract as rookies maybe they will work harder to earn a big contract.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
the running back position in general is not as important as it was 10 years ago

BertSquirtgum
06-04-2011, 06:54 PM
my uncle tells me that bush is back. i disagree with him.

Mike
06-05-2011, 12:43 AM
honestly I never saw what they hype was all about. I watched him in a few college games, a few and did not see what everyone else saw. Regardless, Bush has the potential to go down as the best pass catching rb of all time. He is like a better version of Larry Centers. I think that that is his role for the rest of his career, beating LB and catching passes out of the back field.

Mr. Pink
06-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Reggie Bush = a poormans Eric Metcalf

CJ Spiller = a poormans Reggie Bush

Simplified enough?

Ingtar33
06-05-2011, 08:51 AM
When Bush was coming out i said he was a poor man's version of Tiki Barber... that he couldn't run between the tackles as well as Tiki could, but he probably would be about the same player outside the tackles in the passing and running game.

Turns out i was wrong. I was insulting Tiki Barber. Unlike Tiki, Bush never seemed to care to get better. Tiki entered the league as a strictly 3rd down back who couldn't run between the tackles. Tiki developed an inside game. Bush never saw the need to try. He expected the no.1 running back position to be handed to him and just waited his time until NO did it. Well it seems like NO never will, so he wants out to a team that will hand him the no.1 spot.

the worst thing that could happen for his career is ending up on a team that just hands him the no.1 spot. Because he's yet to grow as a football player in this league, and just handing him something he hasn't earned yet won't encourage him to grow as a player.

DraftBoy
06-05-2011, 10:07 AM
If I were a GM Id offer Bush a contract but it wouldnt be as a RB. Id actually move him to slot WR. There was some fantastic work by him done at USC coming out of the slot and he tracks the balls flight path very well.

The issue here is that as Ing pointed out he'd have to be motivated to work hard to become a decent WR.

djjimkelly
06-05-2011, 12:12 PM
the running back position in general is not as important as it was 10 years ago

i would never spend a first rounder on a rb as a gm

that being said we have done it 3 times in 10 years go figure we never win at least 9 games