PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kolb

T-Long
06-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Check out my latest article on Kevin Kolb

FULL STORY (http://www.thefanhub.com/1305/philadelphia/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-why-all-the-fuss-over-kevin-kolb.html)

Night Train
06-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Why the fuss ?

It's a QB driven league, where 15-20 teams always believe they need something better at the position.

Then they look at average/below average available talent, drink some Crown and see the next Joe Montana.

It will never change. Raise your boys to be QB's. :$:

better days
06-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Great article Terry. I have said the same thing myself, if Kolb is so great why would the Eagles want to trade him? Vick will be lucky to play another 3 or 4 years, then what do the Eagles do?

Mike
06-05-2011, 12:40 AM
i tend to agree. living out here in AZ, i have mixed feelings. I am not sold on him, however he could turn into a good QB.

BertSquirtgum
06-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Great article Terry. I have said the same thing myself, if Kolb is so great why would the Eagles want to trade him? Vick will be lucky to play another 3 or 4 years, then what do the Eagles do?

kolb doesn't and won't sit behind someone for 3-4 more years, the eagles are smart to get something for him while they still can.

jamze132
06-05-2011, 02:36 AM
I have nothing negative to say about this article. :up:

better days
06-05-2011, 07:10 AM
kolb doesn't and won't sit behind someone for 3-4 more years, the eagles are smart to get something for him while they still can.

I agree, but look at the 49ers & Packers for example. The 49ers got rid of JOE MONTANA for Steve Young & the Packers got rid of Brett Favre for Aaron Rodgers. That is my point. If the Eagles thought highly of Kolb, they would keep him & get what they could for Vick.

don137
06-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Kolb is a perfect example of a team settling on a QB that is an improvement over what they currently have but not the kind of player that can lead you deep into the playoffs.

ZEUS
06-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Who cares?

better days
06-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Who cares?

Well, you obviously put a lot of thought & effort into that post, so I guess you do.

Extremebillsfan247
06-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Check out my latest article on Kevin Kolb

FULL STORY (http://www.thefanhub.com/1305/philadelphia/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-why-all-the-fuss-over-kevin-kolb.html)
Personally, I don't understand the fuss either. The Eagles got rid of McNabb to start Kolb, brought Vick in as a backup who eventually took over as starting QB after being out of the league for 4 years? <- someone correct me if I'm wrong here). If Kolb were really a good QB, why did that even happen? He knew the Eagles offensive system. Yet, when he got his chance to finally be the starting QB, he squandered the opportunity.

I think any team pinning their hopes on this guy would be taking a major risk. As you pointed out, he hasn't really done much to earn all the media hype he is getting during his time in the NFL. Can the Cards do something with him? maybe. But how much more could Ken Whisenhunt do for him that Andy Reed hasn't done already? If the Bills went after him, I would be extremely suspect of the move, because I don't think Kolb is that good of a QB, and right now Fitzpatrick is probably better. But thats my opinion.