PDA

View Full Version : Plax is free!!

DraftBoy
06-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Who want him?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/football/06/06/burress.release/index.html

New York (CNN) -- Former NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress is expected to leave a New York prison Monday after serving 20 months on a weapons charge stemming from a shooting incident at a nightclub.

The former New York Giants player accidentally shot himself in the leg with a .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol he was carrying in his waistband. The incident occurred in November 2008, in the VIP area of the Latin Quarter nightclub in Manhattan.

TMu11
06-06-2011, 07:27 AM
I like that our guys are starting to gel as our receiver corp gets healthy. I'd pass

psubills62
06-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Reasons for him:
1) Had/maybe still has talent.
2) We need a #1.

Reasons against him:
1) Character issues.
2) Age.
3) Too much time not playing football.
4) We aren't contenders and don't need a splash signing (a la Owens).

In the end, I wouldn't be interested, and I doubt the Bills would be either. When you consider his age, he'd only be a viable receiver during our rebuilding process, if that. We've got a lot of young guys who may or may not step up and I'd like to continue giving them that opportunity.

Jan Reimers
06-06-2011, 08:33 AM
The guy's an idiot. No thanks.

ZAZusmc03
06-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Well at least he gets to go home and see his daughter, she was born while he was incarcerated

justasportsfan
06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
I'd rather use the 1 or 2 years to develop our wr's.

djjimkelly
06-06-2011, 09:35 AM
we are rebuilding hes on borrowed time in the league

no thanks

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Are you serious? Is this 2006?

No thanks on this guy, way past his prime. Besides the fact that he has severe character issues.

If you think TO was a distraction to us, this guy is a real life criminal.

Buddo
06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Could still be a red zone threat.
Trouble is, the Bills had more trouble getting to the red zone last year, than capitalising once they got there.
If we just needed more weapons, to get 'over the hump, then maybe, but as we don't, then no thanks.
Very good player in his day, and still showed up even when carrying injuries, for which I respect him, but time passes, and I honestly don't see him as being utilised enough to warrant a roster spot.

DraftBoy
06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Do I want Plax? No, not really. But we'd be foolish to not at least evaluate every possible player who could help this team out.

justasportsfan
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Do I want Plax? No, not really. But we'd be foolish to not at least evaluate every possible player who could help this team out.

While I agree that we should explore all possibilities in making this team better down the road, I don't think bringing in PLax will a long term help. IMo, it'll ****** the devlopment of the guys we alreay have on the team. I'd rather give the snaps to guys like Nelson.

DraftBoy
06-06-2011, 10:55 AM
While I agree that we should explore all possibilities in making this team better down the road, I don't think bringing in PLax will a long term help. IMo, it'll ****** the devlopment of the guys we alreay have on the team. I'd rather give the snaps to guys like Nelson.

It could go either way. Plax (if he were to be a willing teacher) would be invaluable to players like Nelson, Jones, and Ealey in teaching them how to use their body to shield defenders from the ball, how to better time jumps, and how to run the proper fade routes. All of the above are things young receivers traditionally struggle in transitioning from college to the NFL. Of the three Nelson thus far is the most advanced but even he could use some work.

justasportsfan
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
It could go either way. Plax (if he were to be a willing teacher) would be invaluable to players like Nelson, Jones, and Ealey in teaching them how to use their body to shield defenders from the ball, how to better time jumps, and how to run the proper fade routes. All of the above are things young receivers traditionally struggle in transitioning from college to the NFL. Of the three Nelson thus far is the most advanced but even he could use some work.

hope he doesn't teach them how to shoot a gun.

DraftBoy
06-06-2011, 11:01 AM
hope he doesn't teach them how to shoot a gun.

Honestly I hope none of them even own guns.

SabreEleven
06-06-2011, 11:32 AM
He should go to Philly so him and his QB have something in common.

justasportsfan
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM

they're black?

racist.

Mr. Pink
06-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Bring him in for a look.

At the very worst with this guy you have a huge redzone target to throw to.

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Isn't every team supposed to do this? Not much of a statement.

Extremebillsfan247
06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Who want him?

My early guesses are New England, Philly, or NY Jets. Jets are the sleeper but they will have a problem at receiver once the lockout ends, he may end up there because of it. JMO

Buddo
06-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Bring him in for a look.

At the very worst with this guy you have a huge redzone target to throw to.

The Bills weren't that bad in the red zone last year. The problems were getting there, and I doubt Plax can help that much there.
If we still don't get to the red zone enough, he becomes a waste of money and roster spot, and we do seem able to get points, once we get there, anyway.

BuffaloBlitz83
06-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Philly, Chicago, or Washington are my best guesses. Vick has already began lobbying for him.

SABURZFAN
06-06-2011, 05:29 PM

he'd be a great fit in Philly. they need that tall receiver to look at in the Red Zone.

Night Train
06-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Why talk about something that will never happen ? An opportunity to ***** again about the past ?

:deadhorse

DraftBoy
06-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Isn't every team supposed to do this? Not much of a statement.

Supposed to yes, but to some fans it would be like committing a crime apparently.

mybills
06-07-2011, 08:14 AM
I hate the verbage "past his prime" and "too old".

He's 33.
He's got at least 6 - 7 more years left in him.
He's very talented.
He served his time.
People need to get over that! Vick is still playing and is also very talented.
Teams would be lucky to have such talented players.

acehole
06-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Who want him?

Sabs mom was his first visit...just like all the inmates who are released.
:afro: :rrich: :assclown: :hockey: :haha:

acehole
06-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Cowboys look about right....or dolphins.

He's 33.
He's very talented.
He served his time.
People need to get over that! Vick is still playing and is also very talented.
Teams would be lucky to have such talented players.

Mr. Miyagi
06-08-2011, 09:14 AM

He's 33.

Quick! Name 5 current WRs that are 40 years old.

Hell, name 5 WRs in the past 10 years that played until 40.

:tap: