PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Batten aiming for comeback

justasportsfan
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
"I remember my first minicamp practice last year," Batten recalls, "and me and Arthur Moats were roommates. We thought we didn't know how to play football anymore. We were uncomfortable. We didn't know the defense. It felt like we didn't know how to play the game. That's not the case this year."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article445342.ece

mysticsoto
06-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I really think Batten is going to be a good player for us. I like what I saw in last year's TC pre-injury. All signs are that he still has that high intensity and additionally now understands alot more of the game and what Gailey wants to do in this defense. He'll be a back up initially, but should make the team and contribute.

psubills62
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I know Batten, Easley, and the other 2010 draftees still have everything to prove, but I'm having a hard time not getting excited about them. Batten worked hard at learning the D despite being on IR. He's gained weight and probably is mentally at the point where he could play either ILB or OLB.

We're very young and inexperienced, but it appears the Bills have been drafting guys who have the right mentality during this lockout.

I do think Batten will be in fine position to make the team and even get some PT.

justasportsfan
06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I want some mean personalities at lb position .

cookie G
06-06-2011, 11:28 AM
We thought we didn't know how to play football anymore. We were uncomfortable. We didn't know the defense. It felt like we didn't know how to play the game.

Most of the D could have said that.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Come back may be a wrong term here. He was not there in the first place.

mysticsoto
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I want some mean personalities at lb position .

I want meanness everywhere...but yeah, it is paramount at DE and LB for a 3-4. Having great LBs is what made the Patriots D so great a few years ago. With Dareus and Kyle working hard in the trenches, if we could get some *real* support at LBs, our ball hawking DBs will have a field day!

k-oneputt
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
It's coming down to Batten, Coleman, and Maybin for that last olb spot.

Spiderweb
06-09-2011, 03:38 PM
It's coming down to Batten, Coleman, and Maybin for that last olb spot.

Bye bye Maybin, bye bye !!!!!

Ebenezer
06-09-2011, 03:40 PM
for some reason I'm just not excited about Batten.

Night Train
06-09-2011, 07:01 PM
A complete unknown, much like WR Easley.

Let's see them play before exercising our vivid imagination. We know NOTHING about these guys until they actually take the field in a game.

acehole
06-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Op will take you out to the shed now......

I know Batten, Easley, and the other 2010 draftees still have everything to prove, but I'm having a hard time not getting excited about them. Batten worked hard at learning the D despite being on IR. He's gained weight and probably is mentally at the point where he could play either ILB or OLB.

We're very young and inexperienced, but it appears the Bills have been drafting guys who have the right mentality during this lockout.

I do think Batten will be in fine position to make the team and even get some PT.

YardRat
06-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Come back may be a wrong term here. He was not there in the first place.

Glad I wasn't going to have to be the first one to point this out. I'm rooting like hell for him (and all of the kids) to become successful, but Batten has to work on getting there in the first place.

acehole
07-16-2011, 09:17 AM
The last two years of drafties seem like more of a hit then a miss.
Can't wait to see this team on field.

X-Era
07-16-2011, 09:39 AM
for some reason I'm just not excited about Batten.I'm excited for any prospect. Unfortunately that's all he is still. Time to play some downs and show us something.

NOT THE DUDE...
07-16-2011, 09:54 AM
i think he can be a koa misi type.