PDA

View Full Version : Tyrelle Pryor done at Ohio State

X-Era
06-07-2011, 04:59 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/07/terrelle-pryors-career-at-ohio-state-over/

I think the supplemental draft is an option. But, I wouldn't see anything more than a 5th rounder for him to be honest.

tampabay25690
06-07-2011, 05:55 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/07/terrelle-pryors-career-at-ohio-state-over/

I think the supplemental draft is an option. But, I wouldn't see anything more than a 5th rounder for him to be honest.

Canadian football written all over this guy........

DraftBoy
06-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Hire a QB Coach (George Whitfield Jr.-Cam Newton's coach) and workout for a year. Bust your ass and wow in the off season.

X-Era
06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Hire a QB Coach (George Whitfield Jr.-Cam Newton's coach) and workout for a year. Bust your ass and wow in the off season.He can't jump to another NCAA team without facing the same suspension right?

And if he does sit for a year is he then a UFA? Or would he simply be in next years draft?

DraftBoy
06-07-2011, 06:38 PM
He can't jump to another NCAA team without facing the same suspension right?

And if he does sit for a year is he then a UFA? Or would he simply be in next years draft?

His suspension came from OSU not NCAA. He could still face a NCAA suspension but who knows when or if that comes down.

He has to go through next years draft.

X-Era
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
His suspension came from OSU not NCAA. He could still face a NCAA suspension but who knows when or if that comes down.

He has to go through next years draft.Reading more on it and it says that he is due to speak with the NCAA but now that he's done with college football, he has no obligation to meet with them.

YardRat
06-07-2011, 06:42 PM

He has to go through next years draft.

Why can't he declare eligibility for a supplemental draft?

X-Era
06-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Why can't he declare eligibility for a supplemental draft?He can. What he means is that if he doesn't, he doesn't become a UFA next year... He still must enter the draft.

YardRat
06-07-2011, 07:05 PM
He can. What he means is that if he doesn't, he doesn't become a UFA next year... He still must enter the draft.

That's what I thought, and why I questioned "He has to go through next years draft."

LtFinFan66
06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Good overall situation for Ohio State

DraftBoy
06-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Why can't he declare eligibility for a supplemental draft?
He can, if we have one. There is a lot of legal jargon as to if we will even have one without a new CBA or court ruling. Awfully big gamble if he's banking on that.

k-oneputt
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Told you eight months ago he was a receiver in the NFL.
He's not even close to playing as a NFL qb.

DraftBoy
06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Told you eight months ago he was a receiver in the NFL.
He's not even close to playing as a NFL qb.

Agreed, and getting actual QB coaching for the first time in his life may do him wonders, may not do a damn thing for him. Its a mistake to enter the NFL in the Supp Draft and the CFL is a horrendous idea.

DraftBoy
06-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Btw...

ESPN Pryor made $40K in memorabilia sales and autographs

SportsByBrooks reports the NCAA has a check to Pryor from a known memorabilia dealer and has confirmed Ohio State knew of this over a year ago.

Basically Ohio State is ****ed.

DesertFox24
06-08-2011, 07:28 AM
I agree his best move would be to get QB coaching for a full year, and then hope to get into a Senior all star game like Marvin Austin did.

psubills62
06-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I agree his best move would be to get QB coaching for a full year, and then hope to get into a Senior all star game like Marvin Austin did.
Even then, the kid has a habit of making stupid decisions off the field. I'd prefer to stay away from Pryor altogether.