• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

assuming we pick up a vet qb to be the backup and resign florence and poz,

Which FA TE'S are there?

do you think we can sign matt spaeth, kevin boss?
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Re: assuming we pick up a vet qb to be the backup and resign florence and poz,

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
    Which FA TE'S are there?

do you think we can sign matt spaeth, kevin boss?
    I think if your looking for the Bills to make a major move at TE via free agency, your likely to be disappointed by the end result. TE's are not highly utilized in the Gailey offensive scheme. That was why we didn't draft one. Although the talent at the position on this team is dreadful, it is pretty well stocked. I don't expect tight end to be a position they address at all during the free agent period once it gets underway. But, that's my opinion.

On a side note, we could end up bringing one in via supplemental draft for a try out with the team. But I don't really see it going further than that.
    Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

nothing splashy, just a bruising blocking te. andre smith from va tech? assuming the above situation, i think te is the only major need spot.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
        nothing splashy, just a bruising blocking te. andre smith from va tech? assuming the above situation, i think te is the only major need spot.
        The biggest need on this entire team in my opinion as it looks right now is at starting RT. We have scrubs, and untested rookies to fill that void. It's not a good thing.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Tight Ends in Chan Gaileys system are non-existent and unnecessary.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
            The biggest need on this entire team in my opinion as it looks right now is at starting RT. We have scrubs, and untested rookies to fill that void. It's not a good thing.

i think hairston will win that spot. the dude is huge and strong with quick feet. jmo

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
              Will not tolerate vandalism.
              • Apr 2006

Chan Gailey doesn't know what a tight end is. Remember, he's never lasted more than two years in the NFL in any given stint, probably because of this fact. He needs to wake the **** up and start using them more.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                Chan Gailey doesn't know what a tight end is. Remember, he's never lasted more than two years in the NFL in any given stint, probably because of this fact. He needs to wake the **** up and start using them more.
                Sorry not true bro, was with the Steelers for longer than two years.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

I'd rather sign Ryan Harris or Jeromey Clary at RT than sign Spaeth or Boss. I want a game changer at tight end, I believe Chandler fills the role of a Spaeth or Boss.

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                    This is BS.
                    Gailey is very pragmatic as an OC - he uses what he's got.
                    Guess what, atm we don't have a TE who does everything well.
                    Might just be the reason why he isn't using them much.
                    He actually started using Nelson some, until the stuff up against the Ravens, which got him in the doghouse, but just when he might have come back into things, he goes down with migraines.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      Tight Ends in Chan Gaileys system are non-existent and unnecessary.
                      WOW, someone finally gets that TE is not a necessity in this system.

Versatile runners, quick passes and good route runners = yes.

Get a solid LT and RT and the offense is great. Yeah, I said great. Defense? That'll take some time with the FA's missing and no offseason help.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                      X