PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Brown

casdhf
09-08-2002, 06:18 PM
I think it's time to start looking for a replacement. He was the weakest lineman we had. his man had 2 sacks and he had a holding penalty that really hurt...anyone agree?

shelby
09-08-2002, 06:29 PM
40 lashes :whip: for the holding penalty.
He will be around for a bit yet cas.

JayWood
09-08-2002, 06:38 PM
Cas i could not agree more...I was very happy with the way the OL played today, taking into consideration the fact that they have not all played together throughout the pre season. Ruben did not play well at all, and for being the lone "vet" on the line he did not show me anything today!!

TedMock
09-08-2002, 06:44 PM
he gave up one of the 2. one was a missed snap count by the center where the 4 other lineman didn't move. He didn't play up to par though. I wouldn't look for a replacement yet

Butch
09-08-2002, 06:50 PM
Reuben gave up 3. The one where he didn't move off the line, the second where he tripped Drew, and the third when he got overpowered. Then the holding penalty that almost killed out last drive. He was awful.

Billsouth
09-08-2002, 06:58 PM
lets not go overboard guys. yes he had a below average game but so does everyone (remember kelly in the 2nd 3rd and 4th superbowls and how many offsides penalties did bruce get each game?). in the end the offense put up 31 points. did we ever put up 31 last year?

remember we are a work in progress but will certainly be exciting.

The_Philster
09-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Howard Simon said he played rather well except for the three or four bad plays. I honestly don't understand how he could say that.

Ð
09-08-2002, 07:00 PM
but a penalty like that from a "Pro Bowl" guard is brutal

TedMock
09-08-2002, 07:01 PM
He did step on Bledsoe's foot and there's no excuse for that. I wouldn't call for his head yet. I wouldn't count Teague's mistake on Reuben either. I'm not saying he played well but it's game one.

Novacane
09-08-2002, 07:02 PM
He made a great block of 2 guys on one of Henrys TD's but overall play ruben gets a c-. He has to improve and I am sick of him getting a holding penalty every stinking game. That is uncalled for!

BillsMan80
09-08-2002, 07:04 PM
Was it Ruben who stepped on Drew's foot? For some reason I thought it was Teague.

venis2k1
09-08-2002, 07:11 PM
please it was one game. i remember durring the preseason some of you wanted to start bryson over Henry, and look at the day he had.

casdhf
09-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I can't hold stepping on his foot against him...but those other 5 or 6 plays....he's a good run blocker, but the way we pass... I dunno

TigerJ
09-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Yes, Ruben made the great block on the touchdown run.

Yes, it was Ruben who stepped on DB's foot.

As I reported elsewhere Ruben himself said in the locker room that it was "the worst game I've played as a Bill." Furthermore, he said he had terrible technique. I'm not ready to replace him, but my reaction is, "Ruben, if you were so bad, do you think it might be time to start taking training camp and practice a little more seriously?"

Ð
09-08-2002, 08:28 PM
Stepping on the QB's foot is a sign of a slow qb who doesn't clear the rushing lanes fast enough off the snap....usually not the OL's fault...they're backpedalling, remember?

HenryRules
09-08-2002, 08:48 PM
Stepping on the QB's foot might also be a result of taking off most of the preseason so the QB can't get used to the speed that he needs to back up at.

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2002, 06:45 AM
Glad Ruben took it easy during camp. You can see how it really paid off. On that one play early in the game, he was the only OL who didn't move, his guy blew by him and Drew was pummelled. Ruben obviously had the wrong count. He made a great block on the one Henry TD, but otherwise had a pretty crappy game.