• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Underrated players: AFC East

Buffalo Bills

Roscoe Parrish, receiver/punt returner: For five years,Parrish practically begged to be thrown the ball. He made the most of his touches, becoming one of the most dangerous punt returners in the NFL and setting franchise records.

Bills receiver Roscoe Parrish caught 33 passes for 400 yards and two touchdowns last season. But his listed position was wide receiver, and in the Bills' passing game under head coaches Mike Mularkey and Dick Jauron, the undersized Parrish always seemed to be an afterthought.

That changed last year under new coach Chan Gailey. He played just eight games because of a broken wrist, but Parrish caught 33 passes for 400 yards and two touchdowns. The yardage was the most of his career. His TDs tied a career-high. Two more receptions would have matched a career-high.

A team-by-team look at the most underrated players in the division.Buffalo BillsRoscoe Parrish, receiver/punt returner: For five years, Parrish practically begged to be thrown the ball.

In the first two games with Trent Edwards at QB last season he had a total of four catches, including one for a TD, for an average of two receptions per game. In the six games with Fitz he averaged more than double that at almost five catches per game (4.8). If you project that 4.8 catches per game average over a 16-game season along with an average of 55 yards receiving per game (which is what his avg was with Fitz) it comes to 77 receptions for 882 yards, pretty darn good production for a slot receiver.

Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

Re: Underrated players: AFC East

I like Roscoe and think he has "p"otential, but I don't think he's underrated at all.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Roscoe was playing very well before he got hurt....he was the most consistent WR on my fantasy team!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I actually think Roscoe was overrated until last year. He was finally having his breakout year before he got hurt. Before that, he was a mediocre receiver who got credit for punt returns despite the fact tha he was just as likely to fumble or lose 10 yards running backwards to get an angle as he was to bust a big return.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

roscoe is rated just right. talented but underperforming. and often injury prone. which is exactly why you don't take a second round flyer on a midget in a position of need. You take them in the 7th round or un-restricted. or you take them in the second if you have a stacked team and want to up your special teams unit.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I actually think Roscoe was overrated until last year. He was finally having his breakout year before he got hurt. Before that, he was a mediocre receiver who got credit for punt returns despite the fact tha he was just as likely to fumble or lose 10 yards running backwards to get an angle as he was to bust a big return.
            I think he deserves a bit more credit than that for his punt return skills.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Andy Levitre
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Parrish is over-rated, and a china doll.

I'll take David Nelson over Roscoe, TYVM.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                  I think he deserves a bit more credit than that for his punt return skills.
                  http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...eturn-average/
                  average doesn't account for all his mistakes: catching punts inside the 10, fumbles, muffed catches etc.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Parrish did surprisingly well as a receiver this past year. I'm actually looking forward to what he can bring to our offense this coming year, and I actually think people severely underrated how our offense suffered without him.

That being said, he's not completely underrated as a player until he can stay healthy. He needs to be able to stay on the field.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

Every year in training camp Roscoe would light it up and be the best WR on the field and then the season would start and Jauron would never use him

Comment

Working...
                      X