PDA

View Full Version : Underrated players: AFC East

justasportsfan
06-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Buffalo Bills

Roscoe Parrish, receiver/punt returner: For five years,Parrish practically begged to be thrown the ball. He made the most of his touches, becoming one of the most dangerous punt returners in the NFL and setting franchise records.

Bills receiver Roscoe Parrish caught 33 passes for 400 yards and two touchdowns last season. But his listed position was wide receiver, and in the Bills' passing game under head coaches Mike Mularkey and Dick Jauron, the undersized Parrish always seemed to be an afterthought.

That changed last year under new coach Chan Gailey. He played just eight games because of a broken wrist, but Parrish caught 33 passes for 400 yards and two touchdowns. The yardage was the most of his career. His TDs tied a career-high. Two more receptions would have matched a career-high.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post?id=29405

In the first two games with Trent Edwards at QB last season he had a total of four catches, including one for a TD, for an average of two receptions per game. In the six games with Fitz he averaged more than double that at almost five catches per game (4.8). If you project that 4.8 catches per game average over a 16-game season along with an average of 55 yards receiving per game (which is what his avg was with Fitz) it comes to 77 receptions for 882 yards, pretty darn good production for a slot receiver.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/06/10/roscoe-gets-underrated-nod/

bf1
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
I like Roscoe and think he has "p"otential, but I don't think he's underrated at all.

Pinkerton Security
06-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Roscoe was playing very well before he got hurt....he was the most consistent WR on my fantasy team!

OpIv37
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I actually think Roscoe was overrated until last year. He was finally having his breakout year before he got hurt. Before that, he was a mediocre receiver who got credit for punt returns despite the fact tha he was just as likely to fumble or lose 10 yards running backwards to get an angle as he was to bust a big return.

trapezeus
06-10-2011, 03:57 PM
roscoe is rated just right. talented but underperforming. and often injury prone. which is exactly why you don't take a second round flyer on a midget in a position of need. You take them in the 7th round or un-restricted. or you take them in the second if you have a stacked team and want to up your special teams unit.

ParanoidAndroid
06-10-2011, 05:21 PM
I actually think Roscoe was overrated until last year. He was finally having his breakout year before he got hurt. Before that, he was a mediocre receiver who got credit for punt returns despite the fact tha he was just as likely to fumble or lose 10 yards running backwards to get an angle as he was to bust a big return.

I think he deserves a bit more credit than that for his punt return skills.
http://www.profootballhof.com/history/2010/3/2/top-20-punt-return-average/

Night Train
06-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Andy Levitre

YardRat
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Parrish is over-rated, and a china doll.

I'll take David Nelson over Roscoe, TYVM.

OpIv37
06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I think he deserves a bit more credit than that for his punt return skills.
http://www.profootballhof.com/history/2010/3/2/top-20-punt-return-average/

average doesn't account for all his mistakes: catching punts inside the 10, fumbles, muffed catches etc.

psubills62
06-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Parrish did surprisingly well as a receiver this past year. I'm actually looking forward to what he can bring to our offense this coming year, and I actually think people severely underrated how our offense suffered without him.

That being said, he's not completely underrated as a player until he can stay healthy. He needs to be able to stay on the field.

FlyingDutchman
06-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Every year in training camp Roscoe would light it up and be the best WR on the field and then the season would start and Jauron would never use him