What Makes you think that Darius will be any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

What Makes you think that Darius will be any good?

I ve been reading the sign Poz argument for a while now, people are arguing that he will improve because of Marcel Darius and that he is the victim of poor team.

This is the whole circular argument. Poz is mediocre only because of his supporting cast sucks, well news flash.

If Poz's supporting cast sucks and he is mediocre as a result doesn't that mean that Darius will suck too because he has the same exact supporting cast?

So, if you are one of these buffoons who falls for the circular team argument fallacy and argues it, please explain to me why Darius will be any good if the surrounding talent such?
    Please Make Sense
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: What Makes you think that Darius will be any good?

Because some players depend on others to be good, and some make those around them better.
    Poz is the former, and we believe Dareus will be the latter.
    It's not a circular argument because players have varying levels of skill.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

average players benefit/are hurt by their surrounding cast. if you ask an average player to be a superstar, you are asking too much from them if everyone else can't elevate their game.

If you hvae a superstar and they are playing their game at a level that requires teams to change their entire approach to dealing with you, other players are going to get better.

The bills have been so bad that teams talent wise and coaching wise that it has been easy to play them. The bills coaching staff ran like 3 formations with jauron and ran them with bad personnel. teams just perfected the defense to those formations and it was over. the bills never adjusted.

if you have a player like dareus that will make teams not have a single solution, they have a better chance of not executing. which means an average player can slide through and be a factor.

i think poz will benefit from dareus having more double teams.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
        • Jan 2010

Dareus has reggie white speed and power, and hes even bigger. the dude will change the defense. he can speed rush, bull rush, use technique, etc. i see him being ngata with a speed rush, which is scary....

hes the best pick since bruce smith, period

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mike
          I ve been reading the sign Poz argument for a while now, people are arguing that he will improve because of Marcel Darius and that he is the victim of poor team.

This is the whole circular argument. Poz is mediocre only because of his supporting cast sucks, well news flash.

If Poz's supporting cast sucks and he is mediocre as a result doesn't that mean that Darius will suck too because he has the same exact supporting cast?

So, if you are one of these buffoons who falls for the circular team argument fallacy and argues it, please explain to me why Darius will be any good if the surrounding talent such?
          Common knowledge has always been that the game on defense is won and lost in the trenches. In other words, your defense is only as good as your Dline. If that isn't working, nothing else will. It's like building a house. Every single one needs a good foundation to stand on or risk collapse. Your Dline provides that foundation. Your inside LBs provide the framework, outside linebackers provide your walls, roofing, exterior. DB's provide your electricity, while Safeties make up the remainder of your utilities, and clean up the mess. So, in theory having a good foundation allows you to build a better home, or defense.

Whether it's admitted or not, Dareus will be the key to how this will play out. There is no guarantee that Dareus will be any good. But, being good will have a profound and very noticeable effect on the rest of the defense. Just as an example, take away any big guy from the middle of any defensive line you want, and you will notice the difference almost immediately in terms of defensive production. So, to say that Dareus's play will have an effect on how Poz will do is definitely arguable based on that. But it wont only effect his play, but the play of the entire defense. It all starts up front. JMO
          Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 06-11-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I can see into the future. Trust me.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• CoolBreeze
              • Feb 2009

Because he can spell Dareus and you can't.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Darius is going to suck ass. Dareus, on the other hand, should pan out. Kthxlrn2splgnite
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

A LB, especially an undersized LB is dependent on the DL to tie up blockers & keep him clean so he can make a play.

A DL player, especially one with the size, speed & strength of Dareus is dependent on NOBODY to make a play.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

dareus you mean?

Comment

• evol4276
                      • Oct 2005

why?? because its the offseason without any sort of FA, which means there's nothing to talk about, which means that we'll question every single move ever because we as fans are BORED!!!

Comment

• tomz
                        • Feb 2007

The 'supporting cast'--especially the d-line--is key to any inside LB's effectiveness. If the DL cannot hold the line, then you have offensive linemen moving to the second level easily. This also puts the offense in a position to dictate lanes etc. and this will then allow the offense to control the 'configuration' several yards up field. There are no LB's who will consistently win in that case. Stronger D-line at the point of attack will make a major difference. Actually, I still not sure how much that will help Poz specifically.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Dareus will be good because the Bills drafted him. Period.

Comment

• Mike
                            • Jan 2009

Basically circular argument only applies to Poz but not to better more talented players. Well none of you better make the argument that Poz any better than average if he DEPENDS on the talent of others.
                            Please Make Sense

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

drafting dareus made poz better before he even got on the field. that's two linemen that will be busy with dareus and won't be able to push poz back 10 yards. think about things before you post. making this thread made you look very foolish.
                              Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 06-13-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X