PDA

View Full Version : Conn Smythe frontrunners?

mightysimi
06-12-2011, 03:40 PM
For Boston I think it all starts and stops with Thomas. If they win, he's a lock.

for Vancouver, you could say Luongo but he got shelled and pulled in the series. Kesler hasn't been anything special. Maybe Burrows if he gets another huge goal. It would be the hardest decision because no one has stood out.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Thomas definitely for the B's.

Who knows for the Canucks. Seriously, what happened to the Sedin twins? Do they have any points in the series?

mightysimi
06-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Thomas definitely for the B's.

Who knows for the Canucks. Seriously, what happened to the Sedin twins? Do they have any points in the series?4

No they basically have been held in check. Well off the score sheet anyways. Still plenty of puck possession and shots but no results. Really the PP needs to get going before that happens though.

generalmills
06-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Thomas should get it win or lose

G Wolly
06-13-2011, 02:12 AM
Boston will go to Thomas.

Vancouver will go to Burrows.

mightysimi
06-13-2011, 05:28 AM

You could easily make that argument.

chernobylwraiths
06-13-2011, 05:55 AM

this

chernobylwraiths
06-13-2011, 05:57 AM
it has been won by losing goaltenders in the past and nobody for Vancouver has really gone above and beyond that I can see.

DMBcrew36
06-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Kesler has been hurt this entire series. Before he was hurt he was Vancouver's best player. He single-handedly dominated their last series.

BlackMetalNinja
06-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Remember that the Conn Smythe is playoff MVP, not just Finals MVP. Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler are still in the Top 4 in points for the postseason.

mightysimi
06-13-2011, 07:17 AM
it has been won by losing goaltenders in the past and nobody for Vancouver has really gone above and beyond that I can see.

This is true but in the last two times, Hextall and Giguere, Giguere especially, the Ducks had no business being in the finals. He also stole some games in the final. Thomas while awesome, hasn't stole any games in the final. Or throughout the playoffs for that matter. Because of the quality of the team around him, I don't know if he gets it if they lose. Hands down if they win though. I think if Burrows scores in the deciding game, he gets it.

The King
06-13-2011, 07:25 AM
At this point its Thomas's regardless.

BlackMetalNinja
06-13-2011, 08:41 AM
At this point its Thomas's regardless.
It must be hard for you to say that with his balls in your mouth.

trapezeus
06-13-2011, 08:49 AM
if loungo gets another shut out tonight (or is even just the difference in a close game), it's his. Yeah, he let in 8 goals, yeah he got pulled, but he'll have bounced back with two shut outs in a row when the team had the most doubt and wasn't scoring like a president's cup winner.

if it's a high scoring affair and he doesn't look that good. it'll go to tim thomas.

chernobylwraiths
06-13-2011, 09:21 AM
This is true but in the last two times, Hextall and Giguere, Giguere especially, the Ducks had no business being in the finals. He also stole some games in the final. Thomas while awesome, hasn't stole any games in the final. Or throughout the playoffs for that matter. Because of the quality of the team around him, I don't know if he gets it if they lose. Hands down if they win though. I think if Burrows scores in the deciding game, he gets it.

Again, I don't think there has been anybody who has been as dominant as Thomas throughout the playoffs, especially the finals (6 goals in 5 games allowed). I do think even if Burrows scores again (unless it is a game winner in overtime or something) that he gets the award because of the biting incident.

Then again it IS the NHL.

The King
06-13-2011, 09:40 AM
It must be hard for you to say that with his balls in your mouth.

Yea. I've been wrong about him all along. :rolleyes:

The King
06-13-2011, 09:41 AM
If Burrows got it I'd puke. He's a flopper.

SabreEleven
06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
If Burrows got it I'd puke. He's a flopper.

and a biter.

trapezeus
06-13-2011, 10:44 AM
and a goalscorer

PTI
06-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Thomas already has it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Thomas has given up eight goals in six finals games. The last goalie to win the Conn Smythe, Cam Ward(notes) of the Carolina Hurricanes, gave up 11 in his first six games. Jean-Sebastien Giguere(notes), who won in a losing effort for Anaheim in 2003, gave up 15 in six games.

PUCKER
06-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Honestly if ether goalie Luongo or Thomas wins...is a travesty because they both play well on home ice but on the road both SUCK!

If Boston wins and Thomas gets it its BULLCRAP and same with Vancouver.

Anyone else from either team,Im not sure:

Boston: ??? Chara???

Vancouver: Sedin Twins???

The King
06-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Well it's official you haven't watched a game.

mightysimi
06-14-2011, 06:51 PM

No doubt. Thomas lost a pair of 1-0 games in Van. He probably wins either way.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Honestly if ether goalie Luongo or Thomas wins...is a travesty because they both play well on home ice but on the road both SUCK!

If Boston wins and Thomas gets it its BULLCRAP and same with Vancouver.

Anyone else from either team,Im not sure:

Boston: ??? Chara???

Vancouver: Sedin Twins???

What the hell are you talking about?

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Oh, never mind, this.

BlackMetalNinja
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Thomas would pretty much have to single handedly be the reason Boston lost game 7 to not win it at this point.

The King
06-14-2011, 09:34 PM
He's awful on the road.

BlackMetalNinja
06-15-2011, 06:56 AM
He's awful on the road.Sorry, I've actually watched every game of the series... not sure what I was thinking!

trapezeus
06-15-2011, 08:56 AM
wow, Chara? and the Sedin Brothers? Guys who have been fairly invisible. So much so that the versus guys kept asking "where is chara on the powerplay" for all of game 4?

Thomas has lost 1 goal games. two by the score of 1-0 meaning his team gave him no help. Even in the blow out wins, the team didn't need all the goals cause he allowed only 1 goal in 120 minutes of play.

luongo had his chance at the start of game 6. if he came and won a close game, he would have gotten it simply because he was battled back from being pulled twice in the playoffs to win a cup that has eluded him for a while.

but no legit reporter can actually vote for a guy making $10mm a year that has been pulled TWICE from one series and wasn't even servicable in a 3rd game. There literally is no one on vancouver other than maybe malhotra. if he scored the winner in dramatic fashion tonight, then his back story with the eye and being a smart player might earn him some votes.

it's thomas' to lose at this point. and he's going to get a lot of slack.