PDA

View Full Version : Source: NFL deal 80-85 percent done

Philagape
06-14-2011, 07:47 PM
One source with intimate knowledge of the discussions tells me negotiations are 80-85 percent complete. They've made such fast progress, I'm told, it's catching many of the principals by surprise. Some are now canceling vacations, believing an agreement will be reached within a matter of days.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15231374/nfl-source-labor-negotiations-8085-percent-complete/rss

BidsJr
06-14-2011, 08:16 PM
do it now.

YardRat
06-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Good news if it pans out. Deal by the end of the month, training camp in July, no games lost.

paranoid
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Basically, it seems, we continue to move solidly into that threshold of a season will be played, not if one will be played. Again, barring the knucklehead factor.

What the hell does the first sentence even mean? Does anyone edit this guy?

And, what evidence is there that would lead us to default to the position that there won't be stupidity, ego and legal gobbledygook screwing this up?

I have no faith in either side at this point.

Philagape
06-14-2011, 09:06 PM
What the hell does the first sentence even mean? Does anyone edit this guy?

And, what evidence is there that would lead us to default to the position that there won't be stupidity, ego and legal gobbledygook screwing this up?

I have no faith in either side at this point.

Same guy who edited your second sentence, apparently.

BertSquirtgum
06-14-2011, 11:17 PM
good, i'm ready to watch some big mother ****ers practice.

tampabay25690
06-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Yea from what I hear on Sirius it's looking better but still a few thigs need to be done......
I just wonder why this couldnt have started last summer????????

Ingtar33
06-15-2011, 04:39 AM
i admit, i'm surprised. i didn't think either side had it in them, but from what i hear this mess could be over shortly.

X-Era
06-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Good news if it pans out. Deal by the end of the month, training camp in July, no games lost.Right probably no games lost. But, we could see a slew of "holdouts" if they don't have a clear rookie salary cap. The process seems to take months to get the rookies signed. It would need to start almost immediately to get the rookies into TC on time. And FA still has to happen... the FO's will be scrambling for sure.

DraftBoy
06-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Im shocked its moving this quickly but Im happy to hear it. I will reserve my true excitement until a deal is made official, and we have a new long-term CBA.

patmoran2006
06-15-2011, 07:35 AM
I trust Mike Freeman

Michael82
06-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Awesome news! I really did not want to lose Training Camp this year. I'm getting excited. :jig:

Luisito23
06-15-2011, 07:41 AM
:dance3:

Dujek
06-15-2011, 08:06 AM
I still think it'll take at least 2 weeks to iron out the details, and another couple of days for the owners to all agree. 30th June at the earliest.

acehole
06-15-2011, 08:41 AM
My lawyer friend told me same thing last week....soon over...players got the better end...owners caved a bit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15231374/nfl-source-labor-negotiations-8085-percent-complete/rss

Stewie
06-15-2011, 09:12 AM
rofl at people acting like this is happening quickly.

They knew this was coming 5 years ago.

lol

better days
06-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Right probably no games lost. But, we could see a slew of "holdouts" if they don't have a clear rookie salary cap. The process seems to take months to get the rookies signed. It would need to start almost immediately to get the rookies into TC on time. And FA still has to happen... the FO's will be scrambling for sure.

Well, if there is a rookie cap as I expect there to be, holdouts should not be a problem.

trapezeus
06-15-2011, 11:04 AM
i like that both sides complained about how badly they were getting hurt, but the original post states that both sides had to "Cancel vacation plans" to get to a potential agreement.

sounds like both sides had it really rough during the lockout. The private jet had to be grounded, the 5 star hotel reservation cancelled. Think of all the fees they get for cancelling. Poor NFL owners and NFL players.

ddaryl
06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
obviously if this is true the money issue is worked out because there is no way anything could proceed without the money issue being agreed upon...

if this is the case then hell yeah football is a go

HAMMER
06-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Sounds like things took a turn for the worse once the lawyers were called back in, shocker. I wouldn't get too excited, as long as billable hours are at stake the attorneys will do everything in their power to drag it out.

Michael82
06-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Sounds like things took a turn for the worse once the lawyers were called back in, shocker. I wouldn't get too excited, as long as billable hours are at stake the attorneys will do everything in their power to drag it out.
Someone needs to keep the lawyers out of the room until a CBA is agreed in principle. Then they could use the lawyers to just write it up for them. :up:

trapezeus
06-15-2011, 02:31 PM
not how corporate attns work. you come to terms with the other side, then when it goes to the corporate council, you get a crapload of "what if" scenarios that they don't feel comfortable.

Example

me - I got the terms negotiated in principle with my client. Can you go ahead and review and send execution copies out?

lawyer - sure, i just looked at page 5. Did you know in the event of legalese that if party a of the 3rd party uses a legalese in times of the apocolypse held only in part to the rebirth of christ in the town of williamsville between the hours of 3am and 4am and 3 people see it, that this document is invalid.

me - no. I didn't. So now what? Fix that and send it out. everything else...I did. All the heavy lifting, all the market data of what can and can't work...I did that. fix that stupid paragraph.

lawyer - it's tricky, there isn't legal precedent to know exactly what the fix is.

me - so it could just be fine if that horribly convoluded scenario happens. a scenario by the way i don't even understand.

lawyer - so what do you want to do?

me- let's live without it.

lawyer - I'm not comfortable with it. I'm going to send it to a senior person in my firm.

me - ok, we'll just lose money from not being able to enter into an agreement while you figure out that detail that most likely will never happen.

ddaryl
06-15-2011, 03:02 PM

??????? do you have a link to some info or are we posting personal opinions....

jamze132
06-15-2011, 03:05 PM
ESPN said both sides asked the lawyers to leave as the talks became heated. Talks to continue.

BertSquirtgum
06-15-2011, 03:07 PM
??????? do you have a link to some info or are we posting personal opinions....

he has no idea. just making **** up.

Extremebillsfan247
06-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Here is what is really going on according to Jason La Canfora, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d820564fd/Labor-pains?module=HP_video

In short, a deal is not as close as some people think or have been told. We are looking at mid-July at the earliest for some kind of deal to come out of these meetings.

BertSquirtgum
06-15-2011, 07:13 PM
**** you NFL

stuckincincy
06-16-2011, 09:43 AM

Jarndyce vs. Jarndyce...

WeAreArthurMoates
06-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Here is what is really going on according to Jason La Canfora, http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d820564fd/Labor-pains?module=HP_video

In short, a deal is not as close as some people think or have been told. We are looking at mid-July at the earliest for some kind of deal to come out of these meetings.

I believe the deal will be done between July 8th and 15th.

clumping platelets
06-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Git'r dun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAMMER
06-16-2011, 02:42 PM
he has no idea. just making **** up.

It was reported on ESPN. You don't have to be such a punk all the time.

acehole
06-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Go to sabs moms house for that.....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

good, i'm ready to watch some big mother ****ers practice.

acehole
06-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Too much money.....for it not to...

Git'r dun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tampabay25690
06-20-2011, 06:53 PM
From what was being said on NFL sirius today is that this could be wrapped up as early as July 5th or as late as July 15th......

This is coming from a guy today that is very close to all sides. Forgot his name or I would post it.....

Looks like the owners are the ones that have to agree now.....
I have to say the big name owners are the ones that are being TOOL boxes..
They want all the $$$$$$$$

Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are like the Yankees of the NFL bringing in the most revenue but have a TON OF debt with that new stadium.....

We will see but things are looking a bit better.....:beers:

1 thing is for sure they think a 18 game season in the next few years is a definite.......Just 2 much $$$$ to be made with the TV deals....