• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Fitz makes Kirwan's top 20 QBs. list

Group D (16-20)

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills: The Bills know what they have in Fitzpatrick and passed on adding a quarterback in the draft. Get him some more protection and targets, and he will improve on his stellar 2010 production.
    He is put in some quality company on this list for a QB that really hasn't done much which surprised me. He did have a good year stats wise though. What do you think? Does Kirwan rate him too highly, or is that about where you see Fitzpatrick if you had a list of top 20 QBs?
    Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 06-15-2011, 06:21 PM.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Fitz makes Kirwan's top 20 QBs. list

He's an average starter and considering they have him listed as #18 that seems about right to me. I couldn't make any defense for him being higher or lower on the list with the other QB's ranked around him.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2

He is put in some quality company on this list for a QB that really hasn't done much which surprised me. He did have a good year stats wise though. What do you think? Does Kirwan rate him too highly, or is that about where you see Fitzpatrick if you had a list of top 20 QBs?
      I think that's about right.

Comment

• TMu11
        • Mar 2010

I think the guy gets way too much skepticism for the results he's produced with the weapons he has available
        After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Fitz was solid last year, especially considering we had a 40 ++++ % turn around on our roster and injuries on the OL up the yin/yang

I agree improve protection, hopefully a little better dependable run game and a full 16 games and Fitz WILL improve in 2011

Comment

• Aero II
            RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
            • Jul 2002

According to these rankings, Fitz is the 2nd best QB in the AFCE.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Gees people! I'll take 3000+ yrds and 20+ TDs every year! And he missed 3 games!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Aero II
                3rd best for sure, but 2nd is not that far off.

PTR
                10 Commandments of the D
                1. Never stop Rocking.
                2. Legalize all drugs.
                3. Quit your day job.
                4. All Religion should be taxed.
                5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                6. F**k her gently.
                7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Aero II
                  Technically he is ranked on par with Sanchez as the groupings are listed alphabetically.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Gees people! I'll take 3000+ yrds and 20+ TDs every year! And he missed 3 games!
                    Hmmm, I'd be happier with 8 wins out of 13 games... but that's just me.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                      3rd best for sure, but 2nd is not that far off.

PTR
                      So if the rest of the team gets better can we expect to end up 3rd in the AFC East with him at the helm?

At what point does he become a limiting factor?

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
                        Hmmm, I'd be happier with 8 wins out of 13 games... but that's just me.
                        Dude. This is what I'm talking about. You have been over analyzing everything since Christmas!

Look at where Buffalo was when Gailey came on board. The entire team was in total disarray. It took Nix and Gailey a while to figure out what they actually had to work with and have been working non-stop to fix the roster. By no means is it "fixed", but it is well on the way. I think it's pretty damn commendable what Fitz accomplished with our roster once he became the starter. I am willing to bet that Fitz has even better numbers next year. We haven't seen QB play like this since Bledsoe's first season as a Bill. I'll take his numbers, which will lead to more wins.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Dude. This is what I'm talking about. You have been over analyzing everything since Christmas!

Look at where Buffalo was when Gailey came on board. The entire team was in total disarray. It took Nix and Gailey a while to figure out what they actually had to work with and have been working non-stop to fix the roster. By no means is it "fixed", but it is well on the way. I think it's pretty damn commendable what Fitz accomplished with our roster once he became the starter. I am willing to bet that Fitz has even better numbers next year. We haven't seen QB play like this since Bledsoe's first season as a Bill. I'll take his numbers, which will lead to more wins.
                          I am analytical by nature, theres nothing new there. This is a 4 and 12 team. IMO, Fitz will not be adequate for us to make a deep run in the playoffs or possibly to even make the playoffs. If you don't agree that's fine, let's just disagree.

I'm not hating on the guy, I was surprised at what he was able to do, and I hope I'm wrong and that he's all we need. Because we need that answer yesterday IMO. But, I don't think I am.

As far as the rest of it goes, I want the Bills to be competitive in all phases of the off-season... trades, FA, and the draft. I have been consistent in that opinion for years... again nothing new.

And I'd like to team to make significant improvements to the team. I'd prefer that those improvements be proven. That also is nothing new.

So I guess I'm not sure where you think my opinion has been so drastically different since Christmas.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

I heard an interview with Jerry Glanville a couple weeks ago. He said that he did not think it was fair to judge a player on tape that he had not coached because he did not know what the previous coach told the player to do in a given situation.

I think Chan must feel the same way. He wanted to give all the players a chance & see how they played after he coached them up. It didn't take him long to make up his mind on Trent & a few others.
                            Last edited by better days; 06-16-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
                              I heard an interview with Jerry Glanville a couple weeks ago. He said that he did not think it was fair to judge a player on tape that he had not coached because he did not know what the previous coach told the player to do in a given situation.

I think Chan must feel the same way. He wanted to give all the players a chance & see how they played after he coached them up. I didn't take him long to make up his mind on Trent & a few others.
                              Totally agree. I think many of us saw that Gailey was doing this last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X