X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Can you imagine that

Giants running back Brandon Jacobs has gone from saying there's no chance that receiver Plaxico Burress will return to the team to saying there's a chance.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Can you imagine that

" I'm not going to follow any team rules...but here are my demands.."

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

We don't necessarily need him. But, I wouldn't mind having him. He's stupid for the gun incident but I don't remember him being any sort of a distraction in Pitt or NY other than missing meetings or being late. Gailey will ride his ass on that one... Hell, he may even show no interest because of it. But, strictly from a talent perspective Burress would make us better.

He's not TO (who also wasn't a problem here).

Just thinking that Stevie is a UFA after this year, Evans is fading... were stocked with young talent but none are as accomplished as Burress.

Stevie, Evans, and Burress would be formidable.

A bit more on this thought:

Evans is a vertical threat with great hands, our current offense isn't really suited for him. Fitz is not known for his strength as a deep ball thrower. We do much more with the short and intermediate routes. Evans numbers have suffered IMO because of the lack of a great deep throwing QB.

Trading Evans if we had another bonafide #1 or #2 WR might not be a terrible idea. Especially depending on what you could get for him.

But even if you keep Evans, if you add Burress, you get 3 WR's who are accomplished in our spread type passing offense. Nelson, Jones, and the rest are not as good as Burress yet. But you certainly could let them all fight it out in training camp.

Problem is that Burress may be looking for a sure fire #1 or #2 WR gig... Not sure we can officially offer that to him right off the bat.
      Last edited by X-Era; 06-16-2011, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Don't need his attitude no matter how talented.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
          We don't necessarily need him. But, I wouldn't mind having him. He's stupid for the gun incident but I don't remember him being any sort of a distraction in Pitt or NY other than missing meetings or being late. Gailey will ride his ass on that one... Hell, he may even show no interest because of it. But, strictly from a talent perspective Burress would make us better.

Just thinking that Stevie is a UFA after this year, Evans is fading... were stocked with young talent but none are as accomplished as Burress.

Evans is a vertical threat with great hands, our current offense isn't really suited for him. Fitz is not known for his strength as a deep ball thrower. We do much more with the short and intermediate routes. Evans numbers have suffered IMO because of the lack of a great deep throwing QB.

Trading Evans if we had another bonafide #1 or #2 WR might not be a terrible idea. Especially depending on what you could get for him.

But even if you keep Evans, if you add Burress, you get 3 WR's who are accomplished in our spread type passing offense. Nelson, Jones, and the rest are not as good as Burress yet. But you certainly could let them all fight it out in training camp.

Problem is that Burress may be looking for a sure fire #1 or #2 WR gig... Not sure we can officially offer that to him right off the bat.
          Evans is fading? And an OLD WR who has not played in two years will help the Bills?

I think you are wrong on both assessments.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

I'll take my chances with playing Nelson and developing him instead. Burress is unscrupulous, getting old, and a distraction the Bills young players don't need.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

He's been sued 9 times in his relatively short NFL career. Is it all his fault? Probably not. But if you attract trouble so consistently, maybe there's something about you that should be corrected.

You know what they say. If a car is driving straight at you, it might be a fluke. If 10 cars are driving straight at you, you're in the wrong lane.
              Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 06-16-2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i wouldn't play for coughlin either. he was the one who told plax to put a loaded gun into his sweatpants before entering the club.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  i wouldn't play for coughlin either. he was the one who told plax to put a loaded gun into his sweatpants before entering the club.
                  No, Coughlin told Plax that if he continued to act like such a punk, he'll end up shooting himself in the foot one day. Plax took it literally.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by better days
                    Evans is fading? And an OLD WR who has not played in two years will help the Bills?

Not really a shocker to me. IMO, he has been a little "off" since the season ended and the draft talk began.

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

At least he didn't shoot his dad..

Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2010

EVANS keeps safeties off johnson and is a great big play wr. basically a faster lofton. hes only 30... keep evans!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days

By the numbers, yes, Evans is fading. And the reasoning is more about the best type of WR for our current offense than it is his abilities. Burress may be a better fit. Whether he can ever get back to what he was is another matter.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            He's been sued 9 times in his relatively short NFL career. Is it all his fault? Probably not. But if you attract trouble so consistently, maybe there's something about you that should be corrected.

You know what they say. If a car is driving straight at you, it might be a fluke. If 10 cars are driving straight at you, you're in the wrong lane.
                            No doubt it has risks. I simply said that on paper he would potentially make us better. A 4 and 12 team should leave no stone un-turned.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                              Not really a shocker to me. IMO, he has been a little "off" since the season ended and the draft talk began.
                              Meh. I think too many are simply too willing to just go with the guys we have rather than look add potential upgrades. It's not like the thought has no merit.

I mean answer this with a yes or no: Can Burress help make this team better?
                              Last edited by X-Era; 06-16-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X